Paul Pogba

krakdol

Nothing to do with Pogba here, he actually made good things tonight again (multiples passes which should have turned to assists) but it's a team game and damn does this MU team suck badly.

Pogba's strength is long passes but in this MU team there's nobody to pass to because nobody runs behind the lines. Nobody plays where they should either. You see Lukaku coming back in midfield for passing (like he had any technical ability), Lindgard playing as a striker he's not and Herrera the midfielder playing as a center back. And don't get me started on the laughable defense with Lindelof basically giving a goal.

Best attackers are either on the bench like Sanchez (or even Rashford) or not even on the bench like Martial.

This team is a total trainwreck. First thing to do is sacking Mourinho before every single player asks to leave like Martial, Pogba and Rashford already did.

Pogba just won the World Cup while creating half of France goals. What is the problem ? Mourinho and this awful team, or Pogba ?

Even Messi would look bad in this MU team.

Last edited:

ASordidGod

Nah it’s individual mistakes with Pogba.. you need consistency and the basics doing right if you’re going through a rough patch. He lacks both.

It's weird one with Pogba; like you say he lacks consistency, but he's got so much talent, strength, his passing most of the time is exceptional... For me he's one of those players that would make a good team very good, like France, but he won't/can't carry you. Of course he wouldn't have to at Barca, so he could be brilliant here, almost certainly would be in fact. However for what he'd cost, plus his agent, I don't see he'd be worth it. Maybe if we sold Rakitic. Maybe.

ASordidGod

Nothing to do with Pogba here, he actually made good things tonight again (multiples passes which should have turned to assists) but it's a team game and damn does this MU team suck badly.

Pogba's strength is long passes but in this MU team there's nobody to pass to because nobody runs behind the lines. Nobody plays where they should either. You see Lukaku coming back in midfield for passing (like he had any technical ability), Lindgard playing as a striker he's not and Herrera the midfielder playing as a center back. And don't get me started on the laughable defense with Lindelof basically giving a goal.

Best attackers are either on the bench like Sanchez (or even Rashford) or not even on the bench like Martial.

This team is a total trainwreck. First thing to do is sacking Mourinho before every single player asks to leave like Martial, Pogba and Rashford already did.

Pogba just won the World Cup while creating half of France goals. What is the problem ? Mourinho and this awful team, or Pogba ?

Even Messi would look bad in this MU team.

Yeah, he needs runners. He's certainly got the ability to make the pass. Him and Mbappe at club level would be irresistible.

soul24rage

He seems like a type of player who needs to only do the simple things and focused to be effective like what he did in France. He has everything physically and technically but the mental aspects (decision making, asking for fouls to the ref almost everytime instead of helping the team defend, not sensing potential danger, not complicate things and etc.) prevents him from being the best CM.

PhilS

No.

Renting Pogba for a couple of years, before he moves on to his next club, simply would not be worth the price. It was good to see him play well for France last summer. He did not try to do too much, he felt no obligation to try to do what he can't do, to dominate the team like the truly great players.

Pogba rates poorly for loyalty and perseverance, his record of providing what the team needs is not commensurate with his cost. He is too much about his next job, not enough about his current job.

There are several other incredibly expensive Premier League players that would be better for Barca than Pogba. I don't think Barca should make any such move anytime soon, maybe in two years. Barca's best hope for the second half of this season is Luis Suarez.

FinBarcelonafan

No.

Renting Pogba for a couple of years, before he moves on to his next club, simply would not be worth the price. It was good to see him play well for France last summer. He did not try to do too much, he felt no obligation to try to do what he can't do, to dominate the team like the truly great players.

Pogba rates poorly for loyalty and perseverance, his record of providing what the team needs is not commensurate with his cost. He is too much about his next job, not enough about his current job.

There are several other incredibly expensive Premier League players that would be better for Barca than Pogba. I don't think Barca should make any such move anytime soon, maybe in two years. Barca's best hope for the second half of this season is Luis Suarez.

Very well said! I agree. He is a mercenary and we don't need his attitude to Barca .

xXKonan

Ever since we missed out on him 2015 and when he later signed for United I feel like trying to sign him now is pointless considering what we have and we are chasing FDJ. Just pointless to sign someone like Pogba right now when other postions such as striker are much more important to reinforce.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sign FDJ and de Ligt.

Forget Rabiot. We don't need two more midfielders. We can afford signing a midfielder, but CB and a striker should be our priorities with Pique's poor form and Vermaelen likely leaving next summer.

Joan

Sign FDJ and de Ligt.

Forget Rabiot. We don't need two more midfielders. We can afford signing a midfielder, but CB and a striker should be our priorities with Pique's poor form and Vermaelen likely leaving next summer.

Wouldn't be that resolute. We don't how our players turn out. Rakitić might age badly, Vidal/Arthur/Alena turn out to be flops and so on. Replacing Vidal with Rabiot, for instance, might be a good move. It's a great chance to sign him for free (I know it's not exactly for free but still). Also has a huge resell value.

As of now, we know very little.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he wasn't gone already he now definitely is. Multiple reports now that Mourinho criticized him a team meeting in front of everyone and said Pogba would never captain the team again after Pogba said Man Utd should play attacking football at home instead of sitting back :lol:

I hope we don't blow our entire budget on him. FDJ and de Ligt would be smarter signings, especially since it seems like Rakitic is going to continue as a starter.

khaled_a_d

If he wasn't gone already he now definitely is. Multiple reports now that Mourinho criticized him a team meeting in front of everyone and said Pogba would never captain the team again after Pogba said Man Utd should play attacking football at home instead of sitting back :lol:

I hope we don't blow our entire budget on him. FDJ and de Ligt would be smarter signings, especially since it seems like Rakitic is going to continue as a starter.

I really like Pogba, and I think with the right manager who can get into his head (like Deschamps) he can be one of the best midfielders in the world, think he was 2nd best midfielder in the WC after Modric and actually think it was close
But at this point of his career it is just too risky, he will cost an arm and leg and we will never be sure if he will be desciplined enough to play to his potential consistently which is what you want from a 100M+ player.

Mou is far from a perfect coach atm, but what Pogba said was stupid, never go public criticizing your manager this way, never.

wisconsincule

Jeez I like Pogba but don’t think we should splash the cash that it would cost. I mean what would they want? 150+?? No thanks. Rather we spend that on a striker.

Home of Barca Fans