Paul Pogba

JamDav1982

Why would United let go of Pogba for anything below £150m, PSG would probably be all after him especially with his connection with Mbappe I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't even do a swap for Verratti yet some want to swap him for Rakitic or say he is not mature enough for Barca when Barca have brought players like Suarez/Neymar in the past.

Pogba is a black muslim player with a huge ego and price tag hence an easy target for criticism in the media but his performances have not been that much better in the WC compared to how he plays for United unlike what the 'experts' say.

His performances this WC were a lot better than for United but that could be because they know how to use him better than Mourinho does.

oggydude

His performances this WC were a lot better than for United but that could be because they know how to use him better than Mourinho does.

I agree to an extent but I see a similar team which soak pressure up and play on the counter, United just don't have someone like Mbappe taking full advantage of Pogba's capabilities. The french forwards pace and movement seemed to give Pogba more of an opportunity to play better football. Without Pogba United always seemed to lack creativity from the middle and his presence was heavily felt imo.

Ascom

Sport cover for today says he made a bid for 150 million for him, +/- what United wanted. It is also reported that Pogba wants to come.

Probably doesn't matter, but do you guys remember when paul made so many compliments to Messi when France eliminated Argentina? Maybe it wasn't by chance.

Givenchy

Sport cover for today says he made a bid for 150 million for him, +/- what United wanted. It is also reported that Pogba wants to come.

Probably doesn't matter, but do you guys remember when paul made so many compliments to Messi when France eliminated Argentina? Maybe it wasn't by chance.

Pogba's always been a fan of Messi, i remember before he left Juve he was talking about him, wouldn't read into that much. i dont doubt he'd want to join us but theres too many factors making it impossible;

we don't have the money
United don't need to sell
PL transfer window closes early now leaving them no time to get a replacement

I think Pogba to Madrid/Barca will be next summers transfer saga

Total-Football

world cup was won by four players: mbappe grizman varane umtiti.. the rest especially midfielders were absolutely nothing special. pogba has not had a better world cup than many many many other midfs. not impressed

Morten

Impressive world cup by him, he was also very disciplined and effective, which is not something you always get with Pogba. When you think Pogba you often think about fancy tricks, being a bit lazy and not all that effective, not the case at all this world cup, a complete CM.

Horatio

You're welcome
As much as I'd like to think he didn't have an impressive World Cup, somehow I get the feeling that he was integral to their succes.

SeloBarca

Yea he was one of the better players this WC imo.
I think alot of the reasons why he has stagnated in his development is becouse of Mourinho.
Mourinho has never been a coach thats been good at developing players, and his ultradefensive tactics doesnt really suit Pogba.

Richard.H

I think people are severely underestimating just how well Kante and Matuidi played to cover all parts of the pitch and give pogba all the freedom he needed. Busquets would look like Xavi if he had players like those two constantly covering his tracks

Falcao

Pogba has done so much defensive by himself this season and played a very disciplined tournament. He has been class and the only who was able to release Mbappe’s pace behind defences, they have a great connection on the pitch.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's so much of a better fit to replace Modrić in Madrid than Kovacić. Equally, personality and skill combination of Kova is something Mourinho prefers much more.

If he doesn't fully click with Mourinho this year, either Jose is a goner or Barca and Madrid will be on cards for him next summer. I have no idea how Mourinho will make Sanchez-Pogba-Lingard thing work, because they clash a lot. Plus even if he goes, there aren't that many good managerial options to take over to utilise what they've got.

I fully expect Madrid to keep Kovacić, let him sulk and get pissed off with less than frequent starts, SOLELY to battle Barcelona for Pogba next year.

George_Costanza

world cup was won by four players: mbappe grizman varane umtiti.. the rest especially midfielders were absolutely nothing special. pogba has not had a better world cup than many many many other midfs. not impressed

Griezmann? Now I know that you didn't watch France the entire WC except for the final maybe. Both Pogba and Kante had much better tournament than Griezmann. Pogba had an outstanding WC.

Sorin

He'll cost 200m. No thanks.

We have way more pressing issues starting just next year. We have to look for a striker and it will cost a fecking bomb too. Spending that much for Pogba now, when we already have Coutinho that can do similar work is just a waste of money. It will exclude us from bidding for any world class striker that may be available.

Messi983

He'll cost 200m. No thanks.

We have way more pressing issues starting just next year. We have to look for a striker and it will cost a fecking bomb too. Spending that much for Pogba now, when we already have Coutinho that can do similar work is just a waste of money. It will exclude us from bidding for any world class striker that may be available.

While I agree with your point about Pogba I don't really see any world class striker available now or next season even for 200m. Well, maybe we'll try to convince Griezmann again now that his clause is set at 200m. The Decision part 2 incoming. :rofl1: I think Firmino could be great (though he'll be 28 next year so not exactly a very longterm solution either) but good luck negotiating with Liverpool again after the whole Coutinho saga. :lol: Who else then? I think we'll have to sign someone younger with potential like Werner (if he won't renew or leave RBL before he'll have just a year left on his contract in 2019 so maybe we could get him for a solid price) and hope he'll turn out great. Or hope that Suarez can somehow keep his level at respectable level for another two years while giving first team opportunities to Abel Ruiz this season and then promote him next year. But even if we give him enough playing time and he shows a lot of potential I doubt he'll be ready for a starter role in 2 years.

Home of Barca Fans