Paul Pogba

xXKonan

Jees I'd have Pogba here in a moment !

He's one of the most technically gifted midfielders around .
Being technically gifted doesn't mean squat if you don't know how to use it.

It's been said before in this thread that while has the physical and technical aspects, he also lacks a lot in a number of key areas to really be put to good use.

Jair Ventura

A lot of you lack perspective. Did Pogba regress after Juve, or did he mistakenly choose a club managed by a man whom football is passing by? If he were with City rather than United, would you be saying what you are?

FCBfan22

A lot of you lack perspective. Did Pogba regress after Juve, or did he mistakenly choose a club managed by a man whom football is passing by? If he were with City rather than United, would you be saying what you are?

I'm not even basing my opinion on his United performances, but on performances with French national team. If there is a thing that you need to play with Messi it's the ability to quickly pick a pass and understand Leo's movement. Pogba lacks that. He can't even read Mbappe or Dembele, let alone Messi.

Jair Ventura

I'm not even basing my opinion on his United performances, but on performances with French national team. If there is a thing that you need to play with Messi it's the ability to quickly pick a pass and understand Leo's movement. Pogba lacks that. He can't even read Mbappe or Dembele, let alone Messi.

- How many matches has he played with Mbappe and Dembele?

- Is Deschamps a good manager. Does he bring the best out of his players?

FCBfan22

I see what you're doing there. You are trying to make me feel bad that P$G is buying Pogba. Actually, I would be pretty relieved if you do, because I think he doesn't have what he needs to suceed at Barca. Club like P$G would suit him more.

BenRobbins

Every time i have seen Pogba play for france recently, admittedly missed the russia game, he has been really, really good. He has got several assists for mbappe if i remember correctly and laid on many more chances for the attacking players.

One game that sticks in my mind recently was the game vs England last year, he was sublime.

Perhaps a french member of the board who watches all the games unbiased could shed some light?

FCBfan22

Every time i have seen Pogba play for france recently, admittedly missed the russia game, he has been really, really good. He has got several assists for mbappe if i remember correctly and laid on many more chances for the attacking players.

One game that sticks in my mind recently was the game vs England last year, he was sublime.

Perhaps a french member of the board who watches all the games unbiased could shed some light?

Well in that Russia game, Mbappe could've scored at least 5 if Pogba had passed to him more. Instead he was dribbling 2 players all the time and losing the ball.

BenRobbins

Well in that Russia game, Mbappe could've scored at least 5 if Pogba had passed to him more. Instead he was dribbling 2 players all the time and losing the ball.

You keep bringing up this Russia game, everybody has bad games? It was a friendly, cut him some slack. If i judged barca players of the last whole game i watched (Roma) then it wouldnt make for good reading. Have to look at the situation and wider picture. Pogba at Barca would be a sensation. However saying that i doubt he is on the move unless it involves a swap deal with PSG or we can find another top class cm.

Its all news paper speculation as Pogba and United sell headlines.

Barca need to go back to a midfield 3 with Cout-Busi-Raki imo.

Jair Ventura

You keep bringing up this Russia game, everybody has bad games? It was a friendly, cut him some slack. If i judged barca players of the last whole game i watched (Roma) then it wouldnt make for good reading. Have to look at the situation and wider picture. Pogba at Barca would be a sensation. However saying that i doubt he is on the move unless it involves a swap deal with PSG or we can find another top class cm.

It isn’t newspaper speculation, it’s his agent. Same thing with Martial.

I see what you're doing there. You are trying to make me feel bad that P$G is buying Pogba. Actually, I would be pretty relieved if you do, because I think he doesn't have what he needs to suceed at Barca. Club like P$G would suit him more.

I don’t even want PSG to buy Pogba, doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player. Did you forget Salah and KDB under Mourinho?

FCBfan22

Agree with that. But we also need to get players who will carry the torch from Busi and Raki. And Pogba is not the answer IMO. Needless to say that he isn't prepared to sit on the bench.

FCBfan22

I don’t even want PSG to buy Pogba, doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player. Did you forget Salah and KDB under Mourinho?

I didn't say that he is a bad player. I said that he lacks in the department that is the most important at Barca. In the right system, he can be great, but it's not the System we can implement with Messi still here IMO. Nor is it the Mourinho system.

xXKonan

Rakitic will get exposed badly again in a midfield three.
Pretty much the main reason why he has been excelling this season is because he's playing in a double pivot next to Busi where he doesn't have to be tasked with so much creative duties.

In a 4-3-3 he will probably go back to struggling again.

Home of Barca Fans