Paul Pogba

Donatello

We all know Mourinho is interested in Gomes for a long time. So, what about trading Andre Gomes + cash (40-60M) for pogba??

He will definitely be an improvement over gomes, may well become world class. He has good technique & he provides us the much needed physicality as well. And he can sell shirts just like Ney, so a huge marketable player as well.

I am not pogba fanboy. I am just in favor of giving him a chance, realizing all the upsides compared to downsides if this transfer happens.

If things don't go as planned we can still sell him for 60% - 75% money we spent on him.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We all know Mourinho is interested in Gomes for a long time. So, what about trading Andre Gomes + cash (40-60M) for pogba??

He will definitely be an improvement over gomes, may well become world class. He has good technique & he provides us the much needed physicality as well. And he can sell shirts just like Ney, so a huge marketable player as well.

I am not pogba fanboy. I am just in favor of giving him a chance, realizing all the upsides compared to downsides if this transfer happens

Man Utd are never going to accept that. Report today say they want something between 130-160m. Real Madrid won't pay that and neither will we.

Only PSG are able to afford him and that's only if they can sort out their FFP issues.

Donatello

PSG still have their own shit to figure out. They can't buy pogba for 130M, its impossible to spend that much. Remember AFAIK Mbappe transfer money is going to be deducted from 2018/19 budget. So they have already spent 180M from next year's budget. I can't see them spending another 130M.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, but no team should spend that much on him anyway. I'm very sceptical of him even though he might just stink because of Mourinho. I liked and wanted us to sign him in 2014 or 2015, but I'm not sure right now.

He would have to mature right away and be very disciplined with his positioning and not hog the ball. He's 25 and we're not in a position to start teaching a player like the basics.

Also his agent is a megacunt.

Donatello

He may be bad, but isn't that bad that people think of him. Remember, a shit player like Gomes (who is much worse), starts for us. He is definitely a better player than him.

And, I am not saying to go all out from him. But, if we could negotiate as I suggested earlier, its worth it.

And yeah, Riola is an A class cunt.

Devils

Really interesting...

United got rid of Mkhi and Ibra and now Lukaku has just dropped Raiola as his agent.

Pogba is the only one left who is represented by that scumbag.

khaled_a_d

Really interesting...

United got rid of Mkhi and Ibra and now Lukaku has just dropped Raiola as his agent.

Pogba is the only one left who is represented by that scumbag.

That is actually interesting thought, outside of Italy -where clubs doesn't pay insane wages- he had only 2 big clubs that he dealt with comfortably : Manu & PSG. If one of them cutting ties with him it will be problematic for the fat rat

Tekkers

Pogba > Rakitic

This guys potential is otherworldly. If he was playing under Pep then we'd talking about him as potentially being this generations best centre mid.

Sorin

Pogba needs a midfield like Juve and almost complete freedom to do whatever he likes to succeed. Are we the ones who can make that happen? No frickin' way.

First of all, we have Messi who has a free role. We don't really need another one like that. Secondly, the structure of our midfield wouldn't be able to accommodate a player like Pogba. He was backed by Pirlo, Marichisio and Vidal at Juve. The only one who can be compared to one of the Juve guys is Busi(Pirlo). Vidal was a fucking dynamo and all around beast and Marchisio was a combination of CM, DM and b2b mid all in one. They gave him a really solid platform to perform. Of course, it's possible that under another manager he can perform just as good with another setup of mids but until then that is the best version of Pogba and he needs to prove otherwise.

I'm not even mentioning the likes of Tevez who was a downright workhorse too. Could play in any role in attack with awesome workrate to boot.

So yeah, not a fan of Pogba really. Maybe he is an awesome talent but he has lots to prove.

George_Costanza

Pogba needs a midfield like Juve and almost complete freedom to do whatever he likes to succeed. Are we the ones who can make that happen? No frickin' way.

First of all, we have Messi who has a free role. We don't really need another one like that. Secondly, the structure of our midfield wouldn't be able to accommodate a player like Pogba. He was backed by Pirlo, Marichisio and Vidal at Juve. The only one who can be compared to one of the Juve guys is Busi(Pirlo). Vidal was a fucking dynamo and all around beast and Marchisio was a combination of CM, DM and b2b mid all in one. They gave him a really solid platform to perform. Of course, it's possible that under another manager he can perform just as good with another setup of mids but until then that is the best version of Pogba and he needs to prove otherwise.

I'm not even mentioning the likes of Tevez who was a downright workhorse too. Could play in any role in attack with awesome workrate to boot.

So yeah, not a fan of Pogba really. Maybe he is an awesome talent but he has lots to prove.

Pogba played in 3 players MF not 4, so it's either Pirlo or Marchisio next to him (Unless you are talking about Conte's Juve before 2015). Also, he didn't have a free role, he was actually left MF (his best position) so he won't overlap Messi at all.

pogba-v-feyenoordJPG.jpg

FCBfan22

Pogba played in 3 players MF not 4, so it's either Pirlo or Marchisio next to him (Unless you are talking about Conte's Juve before 2015). Also, he didn't have a free role, he was actually left MF (his best position) so he won't overlap Messi at all.

pogba-v-feyenoordJPG.jpg

Still, he is not capable of playing fast 1-2's with Messi and changing his positioning according to Messi's location on the pitch IMO. It would have been bad in the false 9 days, it would have been even worse now with Messi in a free role.

Remember, when Cou arrived, the first 3-4 matches, he and Messi were constantly walking on eachother's toes. And Cou has much higher footballing IQ than Pogba.

We need to build the team around Messi (again) to get the best out of him for his last few years here.

Home of Barca Fans