Paul Pogba

Windhook

I'll say one thing about Pogba: He need a manager that understands attacking football and holds him accountable, but he ought to be responsible himself too for his play.

Same here. Surprisingly Mourinho at United has the worst defenders in his career so far. Even at Porto, 14 years ago, he had better players - Carvalho at his prime and an experienced Jorge Costa.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Same here. Surprisingly Mourinho at United has the worst defenders in his career so far. Even at Porto, 14 years ago, he had better players - Carvalho at his prime and an experienced Jorge Costa.

Yes, although he signed both Bailly and Lindelöf himself.

Mourinho really declined in everything from tactics to transfers. Should become a NT team coach, would suit him better.

The manager that really could have gotten the best out of Pogba and instilled some discipline in his play as long as his agent shut up lives in the same city.

Last edited:

Givenchy

sell Raki to PSG, buy Pogba with Rabiot being a smokescreen? :bartomeu: we have 10 days of the window left and Raiola will be poisoning the situation even more one would think, he'll probably try derailing Uniteds season throughout if Pogba is forced to stay

personally don't want him anywhere near the club after this drama, its Neymar 2.0

Bulgroz

lol

Deschamps really didn't get the best out of him until this WC though :lol:

And a WC lasts a month so not much can be taken from it anyway IMO.

I was mostly kidding. But Deschamps did find a way to use both his very high atheltic qualities (he's a 1on1 beast in that aspect), which maximized his defensive value, and his great eye and talent for passing, which made him absolutely vital for France's offensive plays.
I'm pretty sure Pep could use him in a different way. The thing with Pogba is that he's very good overall, so he can be pretty versatile. But you do have to find the right way to talk to him.

Plus, as you said, a WC lasts a month. Deschamps probably said something along the lines of "you'll have to defend more, even if it means shining less, but in the end that's the only way we're going to win that trophy". That can work over the course of a month, especially if it means bringing home the most important trophy a footballer can win. Not sure it might work as well during a whole season, and for a lesser trophy. I genuinely have no idea, Pogba remains a complete mystery for me. I can say one thing though: he was huge for us during the WC, both on the pitch and as a leader. And I think his role is sometimes underestimated by many, who tend to focus on Griezmann, Kante, Varane or Mbappe (not saying those players weren't amazing either).

Windhook

Pogba had Kante beside him during WC, that was the key midfield component for Deschamps and what this duo did to Belgium in the 1/2 final was amazing. Matic is great DM, too, but one way or another he is not the same guy he was at Chelsea.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Why do Mourinho's third seasons with ever club always turn into a mess :lol: Think about it, he has the first season where he wins something of lesser importance, then second season he wins league or challenges for it, then third season the club implodes.

vlad

For you who would like to see him at barca, where he would play? At the expense of who? Arthur who is just arrived and needs playing time? Will pogba be willing to rotate with him? I doubt it, maybe until he pulls this shit like now at united

Edit: midfield pogba - busi - coutinho looks great in football manager, in real life im wondering what kid of tactic would barca need to compensate lack of defensive skills from that trio, and then there is attack with dembele, messi and suarez, that would be circus

Last edited:

hamoon32

Probably unpopular, but imo he's not intelligent enough to play heavy possession football. If it was between Pogba for 150M and Rabiot for 50M i would definitely go with the latter.

Donatello

Probably unpopular, but imo he's not intelligent enough to play heavy possession football. If it was between Pogba for 150M and Rabiot for 50M i would definitely go with the latter.

Or Wait for a year, and we can either get De Jong for 50M or get Rabiot on Bosman, if we are lucky.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Why do Mourinho's third seasons with ever club always turn into a mess :lol: Think about it, he has the first season where he wins something of lesser importance, then second season he wins league or challenges for it, then third season the club implodes.
He's a short term manager and an arrogant prick.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
As for Pogba, don't want him near our club. With all this drama at United, who says he won't do it here?

Home of Barca Fans