Paul Pogba

Arizona Scott

Yeah, no way is United touching Rakitic. That's wishful thinking.

I could totally see United buying Rakitic. As much as they might say they are "all in the youth movement" United can't have a 2 year plan, let alone 3 year plan. They need players now so they can put in a respectable pursuit towards the Champions league/top 4 places next year, or their manager and executives will be fired. Even though Rakitic is much better than Mata, I would take Mata on a free (at about half Rakitic's wages) and sell them Rakitic (anything above 40 mil euros is fine). United would be better and we would be in a better financial shape with a limited hit to our depth. Of course I'd even more like to do the same with Busi too--in fact I think it is even more critical we move on from him in our midfield-- but that is a less popular opinion around here and Catalonia it would seem.

Sorin

I could totally see United buying Rakitic. As much as they might say they are "all in the youth movement" United can't have a 2 year plan, let alone 3 year plan. They need players now so they can put in a respectable pursuit towards the Champions league/top 4 places next year, or their manager and executives will be fired. Even though Rakitic is much better than Mata, I would take Mata on a free (at about half Rakitic's wages) and sell them Rakitic (anything above 40 mil euros is fine). United would be better and we would be in a better financial shape with a limited hit to our depth. Of course I'd even more like to do the same with Busi too--in fact I think it is even more critical we move on from him in our midfield-- but that is a less popular opinion around here and Catalonia it would seem.

They have Matic who is almost the same profile and age.

Rakitic is 31, has 2 more years of contract with us and his wages are quite nice. Do you think he'll accept anything less than 3 years with about the same wages? Keep in mind that United's wage structure is not the same as ours. Furthermore, will United pay 40m on top of that? I sincerely doubt that they are genuinely pursuing Rakitic. Maybe a brief inquiry about his situation but from this to buying him is a long, long way.

Arizona Scott

They have Matic who is almost the same profile and age.

Rakitic is 31, has 2 more years of contract with us and his wages are quite nice. Do you think he'll accept anything less than 3 years with about the same wages? Keep in mind that United's wage structure is not the same as ours. Furthermore, will United pay 40m on top of that? I sincerely doubt that they are genuinely pursuing Rakitic. Maybe a brief inquiry about his situation but from this to buying him is a long, long way.

Matic is not that similar to Rakitic, the former does not have close to the passing range and vision. I really don't know what Rakitic will do if we make it clear he will have a limited role if he stays and we want him to seek another club. Most players want to play where they feel valued and can contribute and my guess is he would move on if the club asked/requested. I am more concerned with Umtiti not pissing off if we asked him to than Rakitic, or if we asked the higher waged Busquets to go (which I doub't we will do though I think it is the right football club move).

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Pogba will be a good signing for Real , he wont be surrounded there with bums like in United. And If I had to pick between Eriksen or Pogba , I would take Pogba over the slightly better Danish Rakitic anytime.

abbbs97

ManU have apparently said today that he’s going nowhere !?!

Not as far as I know. Pogba said earlier today that he wants a new challenge somewhere else. Pretty clear he'll leave United and probably go to Madrid.
I did read that United may not sell him for less than 150m pounds though.

BenRobbins

If Real or Juve offer the money, United will let him go i feel. He isnt too popular with the fans and sometimes the games just pass him by and he cant get involved.

The question is do Real or Juve have 150 million spare.

Messigician

Why don't we go for him? He's fluent in Spanish, said Messi is the best in the world and he's liked tweets saying he should join Barcelona.

He is the creative midfielder we need to replace Iniesta.

Pogba De Jong Arthur is the middfield set for the near future.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Why don't we go for him? He's fluent in Spanish, said Messi is the best in the world and he's liked tweets saying he should join Barcelona.

He is the creative midfielder we need to replace Iniesta.

Pogna De Jong Arthur is the middfield set for the near future.

I disagree pogba would be way better then pogna for us :tea:

Home of Barca Fans