Paul Pogba

Androutsos

It is funny that in other threads people are complaining about our play being too slow and predictable, yet bringing someone in of enormous quality who likes to play quicker is a problem... we don't even know what we want anymore.

FCBfan22

It is funny that in other threads people are complaining about our play being too slow and predictable, yet bringing someone in of enormous quality who likes to play quicker is a problem... we don't even know what we want anymore.

Want to watch him pounding the ball forward and Suarez is too slow to catch it? Or miscontrolls it and it goes out of bounds? Want the club to get shafted by Raiola the first moment, when the things aren't so great for him here? Want a midfielder, who is suited for counter attacking teams here? Want a player that can't combine very fast in a midfield trio? Want a player that is very egocentric?

Then Pogba is for you.

If we want to get Pogba and be effective, we need to do a few steps first. The first one is:

-Replace Suarez with a mobile forward.

Last edited:

Joan

Want to watch him pounding the ball forward and Suarez is too slow to catch it? Or miscontrolls it and it goes out of bounds? Want the club to get shafted by Raiola the first moment, when the things aren't so great for him here? Want a midfielder, who is suited for counter attacking teams here? Want a player that can't combine very fast in a midfield trio? Want a player that is very egocentric?

Then Pogna is for you.

If we want to get Pogba and be effective, we need to do a few steps first. The first one is:

Wow. Sharp as a razor. Hurting my #Pogfeelings. :(

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think he will get Mou sacked. Don't see him leaving unless we spend upward of 150m. Better to get De Jong and replace Busi with him. De Jong Arthur Coutinho midfield is what I see the future of Barca midfield. Alena Puig and Roberto as backups. Hopefully. But who knows what the future holds for us.

BBZ8800

Then Pogba is for you.

Well, Barca's longterm future will probably be: faster football.
It doesn't have to be Liverpool's football, but we will surely play way faster than in the last few years.

That will mean:
1. faster and more mobile Cfs
2. faster and more mobile midfielders
3. faster transition
4. less touches and dwelling on a ball
5. less sideway passes
6. more counters

Busquets, Suarez and similar players who are playing a slow football from 10-15 years ago are already 30 years old so they will need replacements either way.

Last 5 CL winners all played faster football (even Lucho's Barca).
Last winners of World cups and Euros are all playing faster, more direct and with physically fast/strong players (still with awesome technique).
A slow granny football played by Spain and Barca won't win major knockout tournaments that soon.

Players like Pogba will be on our radar way more often in the future.

FCBfan22

Well, Barca's longterm future will probably be: faster football.
It doesn't have to be Liverpool's football, but we will surely play way faster than in the last few years.

That will mean:
1. faster and more mobile Cfs
2. faster and more mobile midfielders
3. faster transition
4. less touches and dwelling on a ball
5. less sideway passes
6. more counters

Busquets, Suarez and similar players who are playing a slow football from 10-15 years ago are already 30 years old so they will need replacements either way.

Last 5 CL winners all played faster football (even Lucho's Barca).
Last winners of World cups and Euros are all playing faster, more direct and with physically fast/strong players (still with awesome technique).
A slow granny football played by Spain and Barca won't win major knockout tournaments that soon.

Players like Pogba will be on our radar way more often in the future.

True that. But right now, we have slow Suarez, static Messi, slow Busquets, quite slow Rakitić. That's 4 of the 6 players who aren't in defense. The first step before acquiring Pogba should be replacing Suarez with a fast inside forward (Henry type). If we don't do that, we would bin those 130+ million ir we buy Pogba.

[youtube]YPKP9tToYdQ[/youtube]

I mean, compared to our legendary 2-6 victory, we play as half dead now.

But all in all, I think we really need to get a fast LWF now, more than we need Pogba. Because if we want to play faster, we can play:

----?-------Messi------Dembele
-----Coutinho----Arthur------
-----------Rakitić-------------

Last edited:

Androutsos

Then Pogba is for you.

I agree with you 100% I never said I wanted Pogba, I am just laughing at the irony throughout the threads on this site. He is a great player, not sure he is suited for Barca. Coutinho/Dembele is a move in the right direction for us. I think someone like Firmino replacing Suarez would be a huge step forwards.

Joan

Or Mourinho sacked soon...

He has been preparing for his crucifixion for a month now.

Fap_Folder_Slika87.jpg

Home of Barca Fans