Paul Pogba

DrPepper

This. Koke would fit perfectly into Luchos current system. A extremely underrated player. In my eyes he belongs in the same bracket as Verratti, Pogba etc. do. Far ahead of players such as Gündogan, Kovacic etc.

You know who is even more underrated? Gündogan. :p

Btw how did Verratti become everyone's favorite player in just a month? Can't quite believe it but so many users here have him in their favorites list and I'm quite sure that one month ago he'd only make the list of a few ones.

Leo_Messi

He'll be out for 2 months.

That's a big blow for Juventus. A shame as I wanted to see how well they could do in the CL with a full squad at their disposal.

You know who is even more underrated? Gündogan. :p

Btw how did Verratti become everyone's favorite player in just a month? Can't quite believe it but so many users here have him in their favorites list and I'm quite sure that one month ago he'd only make the list of a few ones.

Mate, my German is not fluent but from what I have been able to read then Gündogan is a shadow of his former self. I don't think that the club is interested in him anymore to be honest with you. At least he is not among the favorites as he apparently once was. That spine injury or what it was really slowed down his career.

I don't think that he is underrated. On the contrary I see his name being mentioned along with some of the best performing midfielders currently such as Verratti, Pogba and Koke. I don't think that he belongs in that bracket IMO. Before his injury? No doubt. Now? Not so sure.

DrPepper

Mate, my German is not fluent but from what I have been able to read then Gündogan is a shadow of his former self. I don't think that the club is interested in him anymore to be honest with you. At least he is not among the favorites as he apparently once was. That spine injury or what it was really slowed down his career.

I don't think that he is underrated. On the contrary I see his name being mentioned along with some of the best performing midfielders currently such as Verratti, Pogba and Koke. I don't think that he belongs in that bracket IMO. Before his injury? No doubt. Now? Not so sure.

Gündogan in 2012/13 was better than Verratti, Pogba or Koke are atm. So in that way, yeah he doesn't belong in that bracket. :p

The way Dortmund are struggling atm doesn't do him justice really. He's obviously not an attacking player who can decide matches on his own, so it's clear he suffers a bit. Even Reus and Hummels don't always look good and they are both without a doubt amongst the very best.

No doubt in my mind that he would excel here with our current system, in a tactically stable environment. And affordable he is too. People are dreaming if they think we'll splash out 100M+ for Pogba or Verratti. Hell, you could even buy Gündogan and pay Koke's release clause with that money.

Leo_Messi

Gündogan in 2012/13 was better than Verratti, Pogba or Koke are atm. So in that way, yeah he doesn't belong in that bracket. :p

The way Dortmund are struggling atm doesn't do him justice really. He's obviously not an attacking player who can decide matches on his own, so it's clear he suffers a bit. Even Reus and Hummels don't always look good and they are both without a doubt amongst the very best.

No doubt in my mind that he would excel here with our current system, in a tactically stable environment. And affordable he is too. People are dreaming if they think we'll splash out 100M+ for Pogba or Verratti. Hell, you could even buy Gündogan and pay Koke's release clause with that money.

I don't think that Gündogan was ever this good. He was on the same level that season IMO.

I am not referring to that. I am referring to claims of him not being anywhere close to his 2012-13 levels and as long as he is not that then he should not be a target IMO.

I am not in favor of buying either Pogba or Verratti for 100 million euros. I think that this is an insane amount of money that neither of them are worth.

DrPepper

I am not referring to that. I am referring to claims of him not being anywhere close to his 2012-13 levels and as long as he is not that then he should not be a target IMO.

If he was actually in 12/13 form then he'd be very very expensive. So you wouldn't buy him if he was, say 30M? Considering that there's a good enough chance he'll reach that level again (and be better) when playing with Messi, Neymar and Suarez.

I am not in favor of buying either Pogba or Verratti for 100 million euros. I think that this is an insane amount of money that neither of them are worth.

Fair enough. How much do you think they're worth then?

F

Flavia

Best case scenario would be psg buying pogba, and selling Verratti to us.

Bertus

Best case scenario will not happen. Nasser said so according to RMC and Le_Parisien.

if Pogba costs too much, PSG will just switch to another target. They will not sell Verratti.

edit: sorry to shatter dreams, just sharing news.

F

Flavia

Best case scenario will not happen. Nasser said so according to RMC and Le_Parisien.

if Pogba costs too much, PSG will just switch to another target. They will not sell Verratti.

edit: sorry to shatter dreams, just sharing news.

I know it won't happen, but it's my best case scenario. The only way for psg to get pogba would be to sell another player for a lot of money.
But if LE stays, I think he would choose pogba over verratti.

Bertus

I know it won't happen, but it's my best case scenario. The only way for psg to get pogba would be to sell another player for a lot of money.
But if LE stays, I think he would choose pogba over verratti.

Either for Barca would be terrific.

I for one will be happy if Pogba ends up in Paris or Barcelona.

But I fear i'll jinx it and that he joins RM in the end.

Leo_Messi

If he was actually in 12/13 form then he'd be very very expensive. So you wouldn't buy him if he was, say 30M? Considering that there's a good enough chance he'll reach that level again (and be better) when playing with Messi, Neymar and Suarez.

Fair enough. How much do you think they're worth then?

If Gündogan was back to his 2012-2013 levels I would buy him tomorrow morning. Sadly it appears to me that he is not. Yet at least and I am doubtful that he will ever return to such heights. Let us see though as only time will tell. 30 million euros would be an acceptable price considering the market of today and the fact that his contract runs out in the summer of 2016 if I am not wrong.

The point is though that I would only want to buy him if he actually improves the team. If not I rather pay 20-30 million euros more to get twice the player. Whether he is called Pogba, Verratti or Koke or not. I like all those 3 players though. Verratti especially.

Well, my opinion does not matter but personally I would not pay more than 65 million euros for both of them. At most.

Jair Ventura

Best case scenario for us would be for Paris to buy Pogba outright, giving us a midfield rotation of: Veratti, Matuidi, Pogba, Rabiot, Pastore.

It's become a realistic possibility imo. It'll be Paris or Real.

zanela

Players don't start playing like their former self within few months upon returning from a year's absence. Despite his team's struggles wherein no has really shone consistently, İlkay performances have been promising. I reckon, with a full pre-season with the team, and tactical improvements, he'll pick up next season onwards.

Personally, don't think we'd buy any of Pogba, Verratti, or Gündoğan. It will be one of the two K's.

Whatever hap. to Kohe's poll on Verratti/Gündoğan? That was such a close one. :D

Home of Barca Fans