Paul Pogba

Givenchy

his best position doesn't match his ego/flamboyant personality imo, he wants to be the entertainer with low work rate but goodluck pulling that off playing in midfield. for France, he wasn't exactly the star name he'd like to of been putting on a show with tricks and skills but he worked hard and sacrificed parts of his game for the better of the team; Mourinho said something after the world cup about Pogba not being able to play a season like that and i think its true.

not concerned at all about him joining Madrid

xXKonan

He has the talent and possesses the physique and height that he could be a well rounded Midfielder.

Yet he's not wanting to really put any of those to use except his talent with the ball. He wants the other CMs/players to do the dirty work while he gets to do the fun part. Simply put I don't think it's worth buying someone like him if he needs like several different CM partners to help cover up his flaws that you feel he should have improved ages ago.

He's not young either he's 26 years old. Sure some Midfielders need protection, they may be slow and don't have the mobility anymore or aren't physically the strongest but they make up for it any many areas. Yet with Pogba he isn't any of those.

He's strong with the ball but it's not like he's some immobile, low stamina weak player not by a long shot.

Last edited:

Givenchy

the main issue with Pogba is hes at his best when he plays it simple and works hard, like he did during the WC for France. due to his ego/flamboyant personality though he wants to do skills and flicks for the highlights which is a waste of time in a team like United. hes an idiot for going back there during the rebuild

iirc Mourinho said something along the lines of 'he cant play like this for a full season' when commenting on Pogbas world cup performances and hes right, Pogba won't sacrifice himself for the team

aqua2nd

We are good at it but it's not our main play style so most of the time we'll try to dominate the possession to limit opponent's chance of attack rather than sit back and wait for counter attack

Andrew M

We are good at it but it's not our main play style so most of the time we'll try to dominate the possession to limit opponent's chance of attack rather than sit back and wait for counter attack

I think we are pretty balanced. We are capable of possession but can shift our style within the game.

krakdol

the main issue with Pogba is hes at his best when he plays it simple and works hard, like he did during the WC for France. due to his ego/flamboyant personality though he wants to do skills and flicks for the highlights which is a waste of time in a team like United. hes an idiot for going back there during the rebuild

iirc Mourinho said something along the lines of 'he cant play like this for a full season' when commenting on Pogbas world cup performances and hes right, Pogba won't sacrifice himself for the team

He's at his best when he has great players making runs behind upfront because his main quality is long balls. That's why he mostly sucks at MU, nobody good upfront running behind the lines (when they did, he provided multiple assists).

He makes amazing long ball assists. He also has to play low on the pitch like he did for France to maximize his long balls. Zidane knows that I think. When he does that, he's one of the most valuable midfields in the world. It could definitely work a lot better in Madrid than in MU.

He brought half of France WC with his long balls and assists. That's what he does. Nobody outside Deschamps understands the player he is, even not himself I think.

He can make runs himself and score goals, but if he does, you're losing the best part of him, which is long balls quality. That's why Deschamps made him play so low on the field and got so much from him.

Work rate is an illusion, you just have to provide him targets for his long balls, which MU rarely does.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

I hope Real buys him instead of getting the likes of Rodri, Ndombele or Lo Celso or even keeping and developing Llorente.
He will not be able to live up to his transfer-fee, wages or hype.

Home of Barca Fans