Paul Pogba

khaled_a_d

United is using Pogba wrong. He is a skilled player as long as he is not asked to play a lot of balls. He is not a controlling player, and not a full time play maker either. He has a high risk type of game, and the more balls he sees the more he'll lose because he'll try fancy, complex things with it even in situations where simpler solutions work best. He needs to play in a position similar with Coutinho's. Between midfield and attack, having license to drift forward and try more intricate plays because they have the boldness and the skill to try those solutions.

Pogba played riski balls with Juve, and very conservative type of football with France. He was their controlling midfielder and was very successul at it.
As DonAK said, he need an attacking game plan to succeed. to neither have the freedom or good tactical rule is killing him, and frankly will destroy any midfielder

serghei

Pogba played riski balls with Juve, and very conservative type of football with France. He was their controlling midfielder and was very successul at it.
As Donk saad, he need an attacking game plan to succeed. to neither have the freedom or good tactical rule is killing him, and frankly will destroy any midfielder

France stayed back and played on the counter. I wouldn't say any single player was controlling the midfield in that team. All of them had clear instructions to play fast for the front 3 in transition.

Vilarrubi

Thats not his job though, he is in the team to be the creative player, playing risky passes and dribbling past players he is going to lose the ball alot.

If you think Pogba is average then you are quite frankly stupid or a liverpool fan :lol:

Yep you got me.. Liverpool fan on a Barca Forum :lol: sorry but i'd never join a forum of a team of which I didn't support.. got better things to do with my time.

He makes way too many mistakes which have nothing to do with being a creative player.. gets the basics of the game wrong a fair amount.

Also for Juve - he was class... France in the World Cup - pretty good (Not as good as people make out).. for United - Inconsistent, great games, terrible games which I feel makes him average for you.. he doesn't have average ability at all obviously loads of potential but not showed it for United consistently.

Morten

United is using Pogba wrong. He is a skilled player as long as he is not asked to play a lot of balls. He is not a controlling player, and not a full time play maker either. He has a high risk type of game, and the more balls he sees the more he'll lose because he'll try fancy, complex things with it even in situations where simpler solutions work best. He needs to play in a position similar with Coutinho's. Between midfield and attack, having license to drift forward and try more intricate plays because they have the boldness and the skill to try those solutions.

Not really, Pogba played more like a DM for France, and he did so very well.
The system he plays in United doesnt help though, thats the main problem.

Givenchy

I think he played well yesterday, seemed more mature in his play but im starting to see the diva/ego in him others talked about, his complaining to the ref reminded me of Penaldo but i guess some would say with that attitude he'd fit in perfect at Barca :lol:

se queda imo but alot will depend on Mourinho leaving. if we wanted him we left it way too late and ill expect Madrid to be all over him next summer to replace Modric

krakdol

Not really, Pogba played more like a DM for France, and he did so very well.
The system he plays in United doesnt help though, thats the main problem.

Not only the system, the players are crap too compared to France team. Rashford is average and young, Mata doesn't play well, Lukaku lacks technical ability and disappears when vs great defenders (see France vs Belgium game, he was a ghost).

MU is a very limited team right now, technically too average to profit from Pogba's great passes like France does (but France has Mbappe and Griezmann upfront, two of the best attackers in the world, apples and oranges). Not enough movement so Pogba doesn't have any target to pass to.

Pogba is very useful when he has world class players around running in space because he makes great long passes. Outside of maybe Sanchez, nobody runs into space and has the technical ability to benefit from his passes.

Plus, you need another good DM to give him more freedom, and let's face it, Kante is a lot better at that than Matic.

Pogba was one of the most essential players for France at WC, he basically created most of the goals with his long passes and interceptions.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Pogba would be great for running teams. Like Liverpool.

ManU and Barca certainly aren't two.

Barca is a posession team, while ManU is a bunker team.

Last edited:

Pfmpd1

I'm judging not many here want Pogba then.

Mourinhos tactics are shocking and it's no coincidence his players are not happy and want out, and players are rejecting them.

But, even if barcelona chiefs do want Pogba, it won't be this summer.

JamDav1982

I'm judging not many here want Pogba then.

Mourinhos tactics are shocking and it's no coincidence his players are not happy and want out, and players are rejecting them.

But, even if barcelona chiefs do want Pogba, it won't be this summer.

It cant be this summer.

Home of Barca Fans