Paul Pogba

gregorrin10

Tomorrow could be absolutely crazy and might be like this:

We sell Mina and Gomes to Everton
We submit a high bid for Pogba
United submit a high bid for Savic
Also, PSG would submit a bid for Raki.

I'll be more than happy with just selling Mina and Gomes for a combined 50M, let's say. With the Paulinho fee seemingly coming in January, that's 120M for selling four squad players, 30M per player, that's not bad at all. And we replaced them with much better players in Arthur, Malcom, Lenglet and Vidal. And if we also manage to at least loan Paco with an option to buy to Watford, and loan Marlon to Newcastle to really sort out our defense (Miranda becoming Alba's substitute, while having just the 4 needed CBs) and attack (trusting Munir instead, who is more useful than Paco).

While if Everton do take both Yerry and Andre, they are gonna have a new fan in for this season's EPL. :rockon::p Not to mention i'm buying Mina as soon as he becomes available on FPL, he's gonna score like 10 goals with his great aerial ability for sure, gonna rack up a nice chunk of points along with a clean sheet from time to time. :lol: While playing wise, EPL is the perfect league for him. Not a lot 1 on 1 defending and playing a high line defense, which he is dreadful at, EPL is more about compact defenses, which he is comfortable in. On the other side, many chances for some set piece goals for good heading CBs almost every match.

Don't think either Raki nor Pogba are going anywhere though, at least not this year.

Last edited:

Devils

BTW I have not seen any reasonable explanation on how signing this guy would be economically feasible for the club.

Will surely demand wages of 300,000+, our wage structure would go off the deep end with this one.

Ascom

He will not come, but Barça laid the groundwork for this to happen in the next transfer Windows. This kind of transfers are worked through months, remembre Coutinho.

What worries me is not the financial feasibility of this. Barcelona is one of the richest clubs in the world and can afford Pogba. Plus, comercially this guy is a adversitement machine, barça would make Money with him for sure. My problem is that it would cost opportunities to other players in the midfield unless lot's of players leave.

xXKonan

BTW I have not seen any reasonable explanation on how signing this guy would be economically feasible for the club.

Will surely demand wages of 300,000+, our wage structure would go off the deep end with this one.
Lol I commented on an article a couple of Days ago on reddit saying I just can't see this happening due to the transfer fee and wages alone.

Some Barca fan replied to me saying "What are you talking about? we sold some deadweight and we should have the money" Like paying the transfer fee is one thing but paying his gigantic wages a week when our wage bill is already hefty enough? yeah good luck with that.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
It is true his wages will be an issue but if I were to look for positives on the economical end it will be that he is a marketable player. He will surely bring in a lot of money, specially if he performs well in Barca colors. The club could also consider selling Rakitic.

Like i said earlier, our interest in Pogba is really not due to necessity but out of luxury. If an opportunity presents itself we should be willing to bounce on it.

God Serena

Lol I commented on an article a couple of Days ago on reddit saying I just can't see this happening due to the transfer fee and wages alone.

Some Barca fan replied to me saying "What are you talking about? we sold some deadweight and we should have the money" Like paying the transfer fee is one thing but paying his gigantic wages a week when our wage bill is already hefty enough? yeah good luck with that.

Why are you cheating on us for Barca Reddit of all places? For shame.

xXKonan

Why are you cheating on us for Barca Reddit of all places? For shame.
Well actually I don't post on the Barca reddit myself.

I post on r/soccer. I use reddit though to browse through a couple of game subreddits or manga reddits for the most part.

vlad

Saying that pogba didnt perform good enough for united because mourinho defensive setup, but how dechamp's france looked much different then united? They played mostly on counters counting on mbappe's pace, so for me i would rather count his whole season with united then few matches at WC, and he isnt good enough, rakitic had great WC with worse players then pogba's france and still here some fans take in consideration how he wasnt good during the season with barca, and with pogba is reverse, suddendly he is world class player with few good matches on WC

He is far from type of player barca needs

BenRobbins

Saying that pogba didnt perform good enough for united because mourinho defensive setup, but how dechamp's france looked much different then united? They played mostly on counters counting on mbappe's pace, so for me i would rather count his whole season with united then few matches at WC, and he isnt good enough, rakitic had great WC with worse players then pogba's france and still here some fans take in consideration how he wasnt good during the season with barca, and with pogba is reverse, suddendly he is world class player with few good matches on WC

He is far from type of player barca needs

Pogba had a good season this year. You don't watch United week in week out, you go by what the media say who mainly hate United.

He had a few bad games here and there. Overall good season in a misfiring team and he missed a few months with an injury.

He is one of the best midfielders in the world and only 25.

FC B

This is the last day of the transfer window for United meaning they can only sell Pogba today?

Messi983

This is the last day of the transfer window for United meaning they can only sell Pogba today?

No, transfer window is only for incoming transfers. We could still buy him until 31 August but obviously United won't sell when they won't be able to get a replacement. Not that they would sell anyway unless we would come with 180-200M offer which would be stupid and we also can't afford.

Home of Barca Fans