Paul Pogba

gasgas

Hi, Jombi. I think perhaps your crystal ball needs a bit of a polish after your failed prediction on the Pogba 200 million thing. Perhaps it had clouded up? Please, almighty Jombi, do foretell of any future transfer fees on the horizon. How much will Dybala cost in 2019? 500 million plus 3 Ferraris?

I think it just turns out that you don't have the aptitude for forum economic prognosticator.

Pogba's 100 million euro price tag had been flapping in the wind for some time that it was quite clear he would be priced at around that figure.

you burned [MENTION=19793]Jombi[/MENTION] :rofl1:
We have been waiting for that, for months

Jombi

Hi, Jombi. I think perhaps

LOL, you sound so happy and smug. I dont have a problem saying that I am shocked Pogba went for essentially the same as Higuain. 100m for Pogba and Higuain for 95m is not something anyone could predict. People who talked about Pogba for 100m never claimed that Higuain would go for the same price including you. Great purchase by Man U. Juve turns out to be a laughing stock.

F

Flavia

LOL, you sound so happy and smug. I dont have a problem saying that I am shocked Pogba went for essentially the same as Higuain. 100m for Pogba and Higuain for 95m is not something anyone could predict. People who talked about Pogba for 100m never claimed that Higuain would go for the same price including you. Great purchase by Man U. Juve turns out to be a laughing stock.

That's because no team would pay 200m for Pogba. Not united, not rm, not psg.

Andrew M

It's only a retort to your characteristically cocksure forecasts on the future of transfer fees.

I don't see how Juve are a laughing stock at all. I recognize, as we all do, that Higuain has missed some great chances in big international tournaments, but many great players do. You're making out like they bought Andy Carroll.

I've said before, when discussing the signing of Pogba, that for such a fee as well as huge wages, I'd want a great goal scorer.

Higuain has scored 168 goals in 250 appearances since 2008/09 in league football. 3 of those seasons at an only moderately strong Napoli, rather than a top club.

In discussing Higuain's fee you must also factor in the circumstances. If Juve want a great striker, who is a available that they trust as a proven player? And Napoli to sell to Juve is a huge deal to them. Honestly, if we put our Florentino Perez hat on, they have swapped a player who scored 8 goals in the league for someone who scored 36.

So, you can say they overpaid if you like, but to say they are a laughing stock is in itself risible.

Jombi

It's only a retort to your characteristically cocksure forecasts on the future of transfer fees.

I don't see how Juve are a laughing stock at all. I recognize, as we all do, that Higuain has missed some great chances in big international tournaments, but many great players do. You're making out like they bought Andy Carroll.

I've said before, when discussing the signing of Pogba, that for such a fee as well as huge wages, I'd want a great goal scorer.

Higuain has scored 168 goals in 250 appearances since 2008/09 in league football. 3 of those seasons at an only moderately strong Napoli, rather than a top club.

In discussing Higuain's fee you must also factor in the circumstances. If Juve want a great striker, who is a available that they trust as a proven player? And Napoli to sell to Juve is a huge deal to them. Honestly, if we put our Florentino Perez hat on, they have swapped a player who scored 8 goals in the league for someone who scored 36.

So, you can say they overpaid if you like, but to say they are a laughing stock is in itself risible.

Higuain's price is exactly the type of price madness we must be prepared for. Almost 100m euros for Higuain who'll turn 29 soon is obscene! And its only going to get much worse. Pogba is a steal in comparison.

BarçaBarça

Higuain's price is exactly the type of price madness we must be prepared for. Almost 100m euros for Higuain who'll turn 29 soon is obscene! And its only going to get much worse. Pogba is a steal in comparison.

Yeah, but one of the most hyped players of all time only just broke the world-record fee - he didn't double it, as you claimed was realistic.
It is quite evident that mediocre players can go for much more than they are worth, but there has still been some steals this summer, and that won't stop even if prices steadily go up.

Your judgement about the ridiculous prices was just wrong: Notorious big spender Florentino Perez did not want to buy Pogba for 105 M.€. That was too expensive for him and Zidane, so clearly they don't share your valuation of the biggest transfer-targets in the world right now. It is a very valid point that some transfer fees are insane when you look at the quality you get, but the prediction of 200 M. for Pogba was just exaggerated.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah, but one of the most hyped players of all time only just broke the world-record fee - he didn't double it, as you claimed was realistic.
It is quite evident that mediocre players can go for much more than they are worth, but there has still been some steals this summer, and that won't stop even if prices steadily go up.

Your judgement about the ridiculous prices was just wrong: Notorious big spender Florentino Perez did not want to buy Pogba for 105 M.€. That was too expensive for him and Zidane, so clearly they don't share your valuation of the biggest transfer-targets in the world right now. It is a very valid point that some transfer fees are insane when you look at the quality you get, but the prediction of 200 M. for Pogba was just exaggerated.
Perez would have gladly paid the amount if Pogba were White!

impeh

Hi, its me..
Barcelona's director of sporting relations Albert Soler has revealed the club passed up the chance to sign Paul Pogba this summer, despite having first option on the midfielder.

"Last year we reached a deal with Juventus for us to have a priority option when they sold Pogba," he said.

"This summer we decided that there were players that suited us better on a sporting level.

BBZ8800

Barcelona's director of sporting relations Albert Soler has revealed the club passed up the chance to sign Paul Pogba this summer, despite having first option on the midfielder.

"Last year we reached a deal with Juventus for us to have a priority option when they sold Pogba," he said.

"This summer we decided that there were players that suited us better on a sporting level.

About this first option on Pogba, there are no infos available, but we probably had to pay some amount last summer (or this summer) to get the first option (or a penalty this summer since we didn't buy him).
Plus, Alves probably left as a part of that deal also.

I don't believe that tricky Juve just accepted: "Oh, dear Barca, yes, we will give you a first option for Pogba and we are not asking anything in return."
Braida negotiated with them for Months in 2015.
There is surely some secret story behind that also.

El Flaco

Pogba controls and spins away from 4 Italian defenders vs. Italy

[gfy]DisloyalUniformAfricanmolesnake[/gfy]

Pogba's first touch vs. Italy

[gfy]FilthyNextIndochinesetiger[/gfy]

oggydude

It probably was created to ensure Real don't beat Barca to him, and when United out priced Madrid then Barca didn't really want him anymore, as United are not a rival.

Home of Barca Fans