Thiago Alcantara sold to Bayern for 25 million euros

flamenco

I personally believe not inserting a buy back clausule after 3 seasons or a first refusal was a big mistake even if it means Cesc would be the successor of Xavi, there is no telling how good Thiago might be after 3 seasons and Iniesta will be at that time 32. Secondly, I believe Cesc should get more minutes than Xavi cuz I noticed he suddenly declined in his performance last season and he wasn't playing really at his best including at the confederation cup in Brazil.

Good point about the buy back clause

Here is Thiago's first goal for Bayern under Guardiola. He's done it with his chest. must be a Barca technique :pep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuevhPiZUC8

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Good point about the buy back clause

oh for god sake, he had a buy out clause and even though we negotiated and settled on a fee bayern would rather pay the buy out clause which would have been a little more than what they payed to us since it would have included taxes instead of inserting a buy back option, what happened to this forum

Last edited:

Darko

:lol:
buy back clause?
It was Peps and Bayerns good will to give us a few extra millions,they could have just paid the buy out clause and talked to Thiago without any contact with Barca except sending the cash...

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
:lol:
buy back clause?
It was Peps and Bayerns good will to give us a few extra millions,they could have just paid the buy out clause and talked to Thiago without any contact with Barca except sending the cash...

LMAO @ Pep having any good will towards Barca. Bayern were trying to avoid the taxes that would come along with activating a buyout clause in Spain.

That's not to say Barcelona doesn't benefit from a couple extra million by avoiding the buyout clause being activated either.

Home of Barca Fans