Thiago Alcantara sold to Bayern for 25 million euros

Alik

well, if you believe twitter..

Bayern accepted to pay more than Thiago's 18M buyout fee to maintain good relations between clubs and to avoid risk of tax problems. [catr]

If that's truly the case then it was really cool. I remember someone laughing in a thread at someone even considering that possibility.

Diogo28

With Pep he'll became greater than Tito ever dreamed.
Best wishes for him, and now we need a new young gun for the midfield...

P

PhilS

I'm surprised only one player is following Pep. Pep appreciates Thiago more than Tito does. Thiago should do better in the BM style of play, if he gets enough playing time. Good luck to him.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Why didn't we pull a Real and slip in a buy back clause or something? Last season our main problem was the sheer number of fixtures our small squad couldn't handle now we're depleting the team even further, and whats worse is we're not getting rid of shit players, we're rather selling the ones that potentially benefit the team smh. My only hope is we buy adequate replacements that aren't jacks of all trades and masters of none.

leon

With Pep he'll became greater than Tito ever dreamed.
Best wishes for him, and now we need a new young gun for the midfield...

Ini, Xavi, Cesc, Busi, Song and Masc for 3 spots in the midfield looks healthy to me. On the other hand, Bayern midfield will be a battle, maybe not in a good way.

Birdy

We need to buy someone now.. It is certain.. 2 creative positions, one defensive. We have Sergio, Song for the defensive one (Mascherano belongs to the defence a long time ago), but only Xavi, Iniesta for the creative ones. Cesc can be also counted there, but it is clear that he cannot perform there.. We need someone urgently..
Roberto is not the solution. Hasnt played even one third of the games Thiago has played with the first team, and hasnt shown any prospect so far..
I would say go for Gundoghan now, not wait for next summer..

23m up front plus one 5m friendly for Thiago + Villa does not leave much cash to do anything significant imo

Unless I'm mistaken, we have 59m. We paid 16m up front for Neymar, since we already paid 10 beforehand and the 47 will be paid over 3 years (47/3 = 16). 50-16 = 34. 34 + 25 (Thiago + Villa) = 59.

Last edited:
F

Frejsgodes

Unless I'm mistaken, we have 59m. We paid 16m up front for Neymar, since we already paid 10 and the 47 will be paid over 3 years (47/3 = 16). 50-16 = 34. 34 + 25 (Thiago + Villa) = 59.

Bartomeu (sports vice president): "We already paid 10M for Neymar, and we will pay the rest in the next 3 years."

That means that 47 M of the 57 M (full transfer fee for Neymar) is going to be payed over the next years. That's rougly 15,6 M from THIS year's transfers budget (45 M). So Barca had 29,4 M to spend.

Add the 20 M or 25 M (whichever you want to believe) from a possible Thiago transfer, and Barca will have 49,4 M or 54,4 M to spend this summer. Then there's the pathetic amount from the Villa transfer (2.1 M this season) and Fontas (1 M).

The budget is now 52,5 M or 57,5 M, which is more than enough to buy Thiago Silva, Marquinhos or another quality CB.

Next year's budget will be 29,4 M (45 M minus the 15,6 from the Neymar transfer). Enough to buy a replacement for Thiago, IF Sergi Roberto doesn't perform well enough this upcoming season.

Last edited:

Faceless

No more faces at night
Well, kind of expected already. Now about our replacement for Xavi.... Who is it now? Sergi Roberto?

oz187

The money for Villa and Thiago will go straight into the accounts even if the cash is paid in installments and so will be available for transfers. So it's 34+30 which is 64. Then take account how much has come off the wage bill and maybe some of that can be added too. Maybe there's some money available because of getting rid of Fontas but I'm not sure about that.

JamDav1982

Bartomeu (sports vice president): "We already paid 10M for Neymar, and we will pay the rest in the next 3 years."

That means that 47 M of the 57 M (full transfer fee for Neymar) is going to be payed over the next years. That's rougly 15,6 M from THIS year's transfers budget (45 M). So Barca had 29,4 M to spend.

Add the 20 M or 25 M (whichever you want to believe) from a possible Thiago transfer, and Barca will have 54,4 M to spend this summer. Then there's the pathetic amount from the Villa transfer (2.1 M this season) and Fontas (1 M).

The budget is now 52,5 M or 57,5 M, which is more than enough to buy Thiago Silva, Marquinhos or another quality CB.

Next year's budget will be 29,4 M (45 M minus the 15,6 from the Neymar transfer). Enough to buy a replacement for Thiago, IF Sergi Roberto doesn't perform well enough this upcoming season.

But do they really count Neymar transfer as only 15.6m this summer?

By that method they will be reducing the next few years budget to make up for Neymar fee/

F

Frejsgodes

But do they really count Neymar transfer as only 15.6m this summer?

By that method they will be reducing the next few years budget to make up for Neymar fee/

I really don't think they've used the entire budget or even close to on the Neymar transfers. Maybe it is more than 15,6 M. Maybe it's 31,2 M? Who knows..
Let's say it's 31,2 M. Then we would have 13,8 M (45 M minus the 31,2 M) before the Thiago transfer.
Depending on what you believe 20 M or 25 M we would have anywhere from 33,8 M to 38,8 M.
Then add the money for Villa (2.1) an Fontas (1 M), and we sit at anywhere from 36,9 M to 41,8 M.

But as you say, who knows how much is being being paid this year or the years that follow. The Neymar transfers is confusing.
I just hope that the board has allocated enough money to buy a quality CB this summer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans