Vote of no confidence against Rosell?

Vote of No Confidence

• I Have Confidence in Rosell

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • I Do Not have Confidence in Rosell, I want new President

Votes: 65 68.4%
  • Blank, I have no opinion on this matter.

Votes: 15 15.8%

• Total voters

AvocadoCake

Only 12 hours after Guardiolas press conference, two articles from respectively Sport and Mundo Deportivo that attacks Guardiola. I'm saying, Rosell is controlling these newspapers.

He definitely has a hand in what Mundo post, not as sure about Sport, just like Perez and co with Marca, but to a lesser extent.

fcbdna

Banned
So far some of the best transfers have been made under Rosell's administration. Guardiola was an amazing coach with us, but SHITTY at making transfers for us ( he is doing great transfers at Bayern). Besides the Unicef/Qatar thing I don't have anything bad to say about Rosell. I am neutral here!

Brombi

Rosell has in his time at office spent €192M.. Bitch please, if he did that for 8 years like Laporta, it would be even worse.

The difference between Laporta & Rosell:
When they bought Ronaldinho:

Laporta:"You'll be happy here"
Rosell: "Let's sell shirts"

fcbdna

Banned
Rosell has in his time at office spent €192M.. Bitch please, if he did that for 8 years like Laporta, it would be even worse.

The only reason to spend money is to make more back.

Laporta wanted and promised to get David Beckam . It was only after madrid got him that Rosell through his connections got a hold of Dinho.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Laporta wanted and promised to get David Beckam . It was only after madrid got him that Rosell through his connections got a hold of Dinho.

This story get my interest. Well, those time internet is exclusive in my country so just elite peoples who has access to it, and Barca wasn't much popular like now. What is the true story behind that deal? What I read from newspaper (and those article about Barca is only fkina a few) is ManU already gave permission to Barca (Laporta) to talk contract with Beckham, but Laporta use media to boasting about it before the contract finish, then Madrid who know about ManU want to sell Beckham (via media, they didn't know ManU wanna sell, if Laporta didn't use media to boast) then they hijack the transfer. :ninja_hide:
I was already fkin excited with the thought of Beckham in Barca. :rofl1:

This story get my interest. Well, those time internet is exclusive in my country so just elite peoples who has access to it, and Barca wasn't much popular like now. What is the true story behind that deal? What I read from newspaper (and those article about Barca is only fkina a few) is ManU already gave permission to Barca (Laporta) to talk contract with Beckham, but Laporta use media to boasting about it before the contract finish, then Madrid who know about ManU want to sell Beckham (via media, they didn't know ManU wanna sell, if Laporta didn't use media to boast) then they hijack the transfer. :ninja_hide:
I was already fkin excited with the thought of Beckham in Barca. :rofl1:

Both Barca and Madrid wanted Beckam ( Florentino wanted him b.c of his market value more than anything else). Before being elected (If I remember correctly) laporta promised he would sign David Beckam as part of his new project ( candidates to the presidency usually promise to bring certain players in order to get elected). For instance, Florentino Perez in 2000 promised to sign Figo if he was elected president ( and he did sign him). When Laporta promised to sign Beckam, Barcelona was not as popular team as it is today (We were going through tough time). So when Beckam had 2 offers, one from madrid and one from Barca, he didn't doubt twice to go to Madrid (b.c madrid was more popular and better team). Ronaldinho was not even our first choice, it wasn't until after Beckam rejected Barca that Rosell, who used to work for Nike in the past and had many connections in brazil, was able to make some phone calls and get a hold of Ronaldinho ( at that time, Manchester united was after ronaldinho to replace beckam). Rosell had a master plan to get Ronaldinho on the phone and convince him before United could get him. and the rest? the rest is history.

PS: I also believe that Ronaldinho chose us over United b.c of the brazilians that had made history in barca before (romario, Rivaldo and a little bit of Ronaldo).

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Even Rosell highly agreed on the initial Beckham pursuit due to his marketing value, so don't act like that was pure Laporta. Ronaldinho's transfer was made possible by Rosell's connections though, that is true.

Even Rosell highly agreed on the initial Beckham pursuit due to his marketing value, so don't act like that was pure Laporta. Ronaldinho's transfer was made possible by Rosell's connections though, that is true.

Rosell wasn't president so I don't see why he would disagree. It wasn't in his hands to pick the players but just suggest them. But everything was up to laporta.
i'm just tired of the fans believing that Laporta was some type of Saint and Rosell is the devil and he's all about marketing.
I don't think it's fair to the guy.
Most people do not judge him on facts but misconceptions.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Rosell wasn't president so I don't see why he would disagree. It wasn't in his hands to pick the players but just suggest them. But everything was up to laporta.
i'm just tired of the fans believing that Laporta was some type of Saint and Rosell is the devil and he's all about marketing.
I don't think it's fair to the guy.
Most people do not judge him on facts but misconceptions.

When Laporta initially became/ran for president his board members were given almost equal power with him and the same importance, Rosell was easily allowed to disagree but he didn't, quite the opposite actually. Rosell was one of the bigger backers for the Beckham chase.

When Laporta initially became/ran for president his board members were given almost equal power with him and the same importance, Rosell was easily allowed to disagree but he didn't, quite the opposite actually. Rosell was one of the bigger backers for the Beckham chase.

Do you also have the information about who's idea was to sign Beckam?

Brombi

Can't believe people actually voted confidence in this guy.. But the result is probably pretty realistic if they started the Vote of no Confidence tomorrow..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Some might forget that under Laporta, Rosell actually went solo against the board on transfers despite promoting the concept of consensus on personnel at the start. This transfer season started on a great high but has quickly bottomed out into genuine concerns about the direction of the club

Home of Barca Fans