User Tag List

Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga 2013/2014

Flavia
    Sport saying the offside rule and some other changes are coming this season.

Google translation:

The referee Xavier Estrada Fernandez explained in 'RAC1' news of arbitral rules going into this 2013-2014 season. Although there are no major changes, major changes have to do with signaling offside and the penalty for offenses committed by hands.

So far, a player was never offside if the opponent touched the ball before it reached his feet.
    However, starting this year, the player is only enabled when the opponent has done, clearly, a volunteer pass.

For example, if a defender takes a poor clearance and the ball goes backwards, where there's a rival, the latter would not be enabled, if throwing the ball back was not the intention of the defender.

Also will be signaled offside when a player in an offside position, does not intervene, but makes difficult for the goalie to see a shot on goal.

Moreover, in the chapter of hands, the biggest change is that the typical involuntary hands cutting the center won't get a yellow card, as they used to .

Asked about the desirability of the referees also speak after games, Estrada said that "the arbitrators where they talk about is in the field", positioning itself against such proposal.

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll only semi-spam this thread once to see if anybody on the forums wants to join my La Liga fantasy league.

Site- www.fantasy-liga.com

Once you sign up and make your team, the code to join the Fantasy-Liga league is- odXkF6h6eE1v

Hope we get at least 4 or 5 forum members here to join.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new offside rule is a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make the Liga more competitive, Spanish federation president Villar thinks about a play-off system (with 8 teams) like in Mexico. [marca]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCmAn View Post
    To make the Liga more competitive, Spanish federation president Villar thinks about a play-off system (with 8 teams) like in Mexico. [marca]
    I don't understand what he means, can anyone explain to me how this would work?
    Quote Originally Posted by likeafire View Post
    I miss the old messi. I think messi is like torres, once you get an injury its hard to go back to the way you was playing before.

We wont see that old messi ever again. Watch, he will be poor in the world cup.

I truly believe he is in decline.

No more faces at night
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messid10s View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoffs#Premiership
    Something like the NFL? A proper explanation would be nice.

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by messid10s View Post
    The 8 best teams would be in a play-off. 1st against 8th, 2nd against 7th and so on. Then the 4 remaining teams would play some sort of "semi-finals", and then a final would take place. It's a lame system. The current setup is the best one.

No more faces at night
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    The 8 best teams would be in a play-off. 1st against 8th, 2nd against 7th and so on. Then the 4 remaining teams would play some sort of "semi-finals", and then a final would take place. It's a lame system. The current setup is the best one.
    So it really is trying to imitate the superbowl(in an ignorant way of thinking). This won't be accepted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exceptional pass by Chory Castro and a great finish by Vela for the first goal of the 2013 season.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play offs in football

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    Play offs in football
    The br league was like that for a long time, it's just not fair. The weaker teams would just park the bus, to try the luck on penalties. It's really ridiculous.

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a through-ball by Vela.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ancelotti (coach Madrid): "Duopoly in Liga? Madrid and Barça are very strong but there are other quality teams like Atletico or Zaragoza..."

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an acquisition Benat is for Athletic. Muniain has regained his confidence.

Calma, calma
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    Yeah the current setup is the best one. A league is supposed to be a marathon.

We already have the cup as a series of sprints, why make another? This will just remain as one of Marca's numerous rumours.