Celta Vigo

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Real Club Celta de Vigo (Galician pronunciation: [reˈal ˈkluβ ˈθelta ðe ˈβiɣo]), or simply Celta Vigo, is a Spanish professional football club based in Vigo, Galicia, currently playing in the Primera División. It was founded on 23 August 1923 following the merger of Real Vigo Sporting and Real Fortuna Foot-ball Club. Nicknamed Os Celestes (The Sky Blues), they play in sky blue shirts and white shorts. The club's home stadium is Balaídos, which seats 32,500 spectators.

Since Luis Enrique is taking over as coach and there are a good deal of interesting players at Celta, I'm going to be following them pretty closely this season. Thought I might make a new thread of it in case there are others who are interested in them as well. Rafinha is also rumored to be going on loan there.

Is there any news on whether or not Santiago Mina will be promoted to the Celta first team under Enrique? He really should, the kid is astoundingly good and underrated.

rafals

Luis Enrique could be a good choice for them. I think his style fits to their current squad. I liked watching them last season, everytime I did so, they would put an attractive performance, which unfortunately didn't allow them to win as many matches as they could. Hopefully he can improve that, at least at some extent. I wonder what move will they make in order to replace Thiago Aspas, he was a fine player and I think he was very crucial for them, I remember some statistics proving that Messi and Aspas were the most influential players for their teams in La Liga.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm not entirely sure how they're going to make up for the loss of Aspas but they do have options. Santiago Mina is their young star right now. He's 17 years old and was an unbelievable goalscorer at youth levels. He deserves a chance in a good deal of games (he's young but under Enrique, I feel he's capable of handling it). They just bought Charles as well, not sure how good he is but we'll see.

Androutsos

I will be following them closely too. If the players that he is apparently interested in they could be pretty good.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm not entirely sure how they're going to make up for the loss of Aspas but they do have options. Santiago Mina is their young star right now. He's 17 years old and was an unbelievable goalscorer at youth levels. He deserves a chance in a good deal of games (he's young but under Enrique, I feel he's capable of handling it). They just bought Charles as well, not sure how good he is but we'll see.

Charles was by far the highest scorer in Segunda División last season. I think he scored 30 goals. He'll most likely be the main striker with Mina getting a few games. Krohn-Delhi and Rafinha will be able to contribute with some goals too I think.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Wow seriously?? I stopped following the progress of the Segunda top scorers chart after Deulofeu dropped off when he started training with the first team. If he's that good then they've found their next Aspas :lol:

Although I do want Mina to get a good deal of games. He scored even more than Messi did at that level

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Former (2008-2011) Barcelona B winger Nolito (26) joins Celta. The past months he played at Granada, on loan from Benfica.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Friendly vs Porto in 1 hour and 10 minutes, this'll be the first chance we get to see how Lucho has put the team together. He'll be absolutely great in developing the young talent there and giving Celta a great footballing style. They have more amazing youth than most other teams in the league, not too far off from us actually.

rafals

Maybe a bit late, but I'm excited to hear the news about Nolito joining Celta, this is a right team for him. Also, I wouldn't mind them loaning some Barca youth players apart from Rafinha if that would allow them to play regularly on a higher level. I think I'll watch that match against Porto out of curiosity.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lineup: Yoel, Hugo Mallo, Vila, Fontás, Cabral, Toni, Borja Oubiña, Augusto, Álex López, Orellana y Charles

Bench: Sergio, Óscar, Túñez, Goldar, Bellvís, Fernán, Madinda, Borja Fdez, Yelko, Rafinha, Krohn-Dehli, Nolito y David

Home of Barca Fans