Celta Vigo

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I mean, the Chilean was waltzing through the Atletico defense with incredible ease. Not sure I can recall anyone other than Iniesta pull that off

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Sergi Gomez has been atrocious vs Eibar so far, passing straight into the path of Eibar's attackers more than once

El Flaco

Guidetti's goal vs. Valencia

[gfy]ZigzagParallelAmericanshorthair[/gfy]

Alternative angles

[gfy]SoulfulActiveChicken[/gfy]

[gfy]TepidArcticIggypops[/gfy]

Lovely cross from Nolito and what a fantastic back-heel assist from Orellana

Alik

And they are back to fifth place. Too bad it seems like CL qualification chances are slim.

Oh well, Villarreal are also likeable.

Messi983

It's only 6 points difference (and Celta is also better in h2h), they can still make it. But to be fair I think Villarreal is better prepared to play in CL.

I just hope spanish team (that will not finish 4th) will win Europa League so La Liga will again have 5 teams in CL next season.

Messi983

Berizzo is staying in Vigo. Great news for Celta and La Liga. I really like the way his team is playing.

[tw]724902265950244866[/tw]

J

Jamie Cal

Berizzo is staying in Vigo. Great news for Celta and La Liga. I really like the way his team is playing.

[tw]724902265950244866[/tw]

He's been excellent since coming. They have lost their SD Torrecilla to Betis, will be tough to replace.

Messi983

Yes, I've read that about Torrecilla leaving. Don't know details but it's a bit hard to understand why he'd go from Celta to Betis. Will be interesting to see what he can do there though. I think Betis has potential to be a solid team, maybe even compete for European spot next season if he can get rid of deadweight like VDV and sign them some similar players to MKD, Guidetti, Wass,.. for a cheap. I think Merino did a solid job but they are looking for a new coach, so it's important they choose a good one.

El Flaco

Orellana has been completely fallen out with his coach Berizzo.

Background

Berizzo during yesterday's pre-match press conference ahead of their CdR-game against Real Madrid:

“I have decided to remove Orellana for a lack of respect. My decision is final, for unacceptable behaviour, and I have informed the club of my decision and they agree. While I am in charge he will no longer represent the club. Discipline is one thing, a lack of respect is another. He hasn’t apologized and there’s no point in doing so. And that’s the end of the matter.”

Celta sporting director Felipe Miñambres

"Based on the coach's report, the club has decided to look for a fresh start for Orellana in January. We will attempt to find the best solution, which would be a sale. The club comes first, above all individuals and we support our coach 100 percent. It doesn't matter if there has been an apology or not, the decision has been made. We think the coach's decision is correct but we believe we will receive offers for Orellana because he is a great player and we are already working on a replacement."

Orellana's respose

In an interview with Chilean newspaper Emol, Orellana gave his side of this whole affair.

"Just as the coach [Berizzo] didn't enter into details, I will not say what happened. But it wasn't as serious as the coach painted it. All I have to say is that Berizzo was very disloyal with me.

I admit I made a mistake but from something small, a big mountain was created. He said I disrespected him and the team but it wasn't collective. It was personal between him and me and he transferred it to the professional side. It wasn't unacceptable as he said, and it's not the first time he has had problems with players. I tried to apologise to him personally and in front of the group but he would not let me speak.

The club obviously had to back the coach but I can't understand this decision. I found out three days ago and it came as a total surprise to me.

If I have to leave, I will in a manner that I didn't want. If the coach and the club want it to be like this, then I will have to pack my bags. I have a contract with Celta and I will calmly wait to see what happens in the next two weeks before taking a decision."

His agent said on Cadena Ser that Orellana has received at least 20 offers from clubs in Argentina, Brazil and Spain (Valencia is one of them).

What did Orellana do that made Berizzo to banish him from playing/train with Celta senior squad?

According to Chilean newspaper La Tercera, who quote the newspaper Faro de Vigo, Orellana was recovering from an injury and Berizzo thought he wasn't on the best frame of mind, so he called him up to his office to have a chat.

Orellana answered with "Fuck him, I'm not going!"

The Chilean newspaper claims the backroom staff had also had enough of Orellana's attitude.

Eduardo Berizzo knows Orellana from the time he was part of the backroom staff of Marcelo Bielsa when he managed Chile.

The newspaper also claims that Orellana had issues at Granada (with Fabri Gonzalez) and with Luis Enrique when he managed Celta de Vigo.

Faro de Vigo claims Celta has already contacted Orellana's manager to complete the outgoing transfer of the player - a loan will not be considered. They still have not had any offers, as the incident is very recent. The club is also actively looking for a number 10 or a right midfielder/winger to replace Orellana.

Home of Barca Fans