Adrián Bernabé

SamperFCB

ADRIAN BERNABE

2mhetea.jpg

Born: 26 May, 2001
Position: Midfielder​

According to Gerard Romero, we have signed the higly rated prospect Adrián Bernabé (26/05/2001) from Espanyol.

For me the best summer signing we could make. A 12 year attacking midfielder. Pulled the strings for Espanyol Alevín A (U12) this season. Won basically every MVP trophy in the tournaments he participated. Best youthplayer on U12 level, one of my favorites in Spanish youth football.

Last edited:

MessiDinho10

Awesome player, has got everything a #10 needs.
I was sold when I saw that roulette a few weeks ago.

Just imagine the Infantil B next season: Bernabé, Nil Fabrego, Take Kubo, Anssumane Fati etc. :worthy:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The kid looks really good but it's early to make such comparisons and wouldn't help him in the long run.

How does Adrian compare to that other little Malaga wonderkid, Brahim Abdelkader Diaz?

SamperFCB

How does Adrian compare to that other little Malaga wonderkid, Brahim Abdelkader Diaz?
Brahim is 2 years older than Adrián and more an attacker. Adrián is a midfielder. Not wondering if we will sign Brahim also this summer. Personally more a fan of the Espanyol kid.

No fan of making comparisons. Some people called Deulofeu also the new Messi... nonsense in my opinion. There is only one Messi and one Deulofeu. Both with their own qualities and playing style.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't like comparisons that lead to young hype (next Messi, next CR) but comparisons between players at the young age seem to be more fitting (Deulofeu and Jese, Oliver and Samper, etc.)

MessiDinho10

Brahim is 2 years older than Adrián and more an attacker. Adrián is a midfielder. Not wondering if we will sign Brahim also this summer. Personally more a fan of the Espanyol kid.

No fan of making comparisons. Some people called Deulofeu also the new Messi... nonsense in my opinion. There is only one Messi and one Deulofeu. Both with their own qualities and playing style.

It looks like Brahim will also be signed this summer, read a piece which said Barça had more chances of success this year than last year.
If he signes though, La Masía is just becoming too good...

MessiDinho10

After this boy's transfer along with four others (Gerard Nolla, Juan Rojas, Toni Caravaca and Tandasi), the president of Espanyol wants to give all players in their cantera a contract with an anti-Barça clause.

Ronnie10

After this boy's transfer along with four others (Gerard Nolla, Juan Rojas, Toni Caravaca and Tandasi), the president of Espanyol wants to give all players in their cantera a contract with an anti-Barça clause.

I thought you cant offer contract for underaged players. Nothing much Espanyol can do about it, because their neighbors are Barcelona. Given the fact that majority of Espanyol kids are Catalan, who dream of playing in Barca.

SamperFCB

I thought you cant offer contract for underaged players. Nothing much Espanyol can do about it, because their neighbors are Barcelona. Given the fact that majority of Espanyol kids are Catalan, who dream of playing in Barca.
You can offer U18 players a contract, but these are non professional contracts. Professional contracts in Spain only possible at the age of 18, whereas in England this is already possible at the age of 16. These non professional contracts can't give players high wages (don't know the exact maximum) and can't include high clauses. So U18 players can be taken easily for a low amount of money from Spanish clubs towards England. And in England they CAN give these 16/17 year old players high wages as was the case with: Sergi Canós, Josimar, Julio, Fàbregas, Bellerin, Jon Toral, Miquel, Fran Merida, etc, etc.

These words from the Espanyol presi were said in anger. Don't think he is completely serious with his statement, but he wants to show that he is completely done with these transfers. Understandable from Espanyol point of view.. we have the same problem with the guys mentioned above. You can't protect them with a nice clause.

Last edited:

MessiDinho10

His team won 12-0 against Ebre yesterday. He scored once. Other goals by Ansu (3), Take (3), Miguel Ángel (3), Vegas and Villa.

Home of Barca Fans