Bundesliga 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyCrane

Werder Bremen managed something today not many have achieved: Crashing out of of the DFB-Cup for the third time in a row vs third division teams. In fact, they managed to be completely outplayed too and thereby impressively demonstrated how they won't have anything to do with contending for league places 1-10 in the upcoming season.
Robin Dutts' 'handwriting' as a coach is already noticeable and it's distinctive as ever: The team blows hard.

Last edited:

CevinK

Werder Bremen managed something today not many have achieved: Crashing out of of the DFB-Cup for the third time in a row vs third division teams. In fact, they managed to be completely outplayed too and thereby impressively demonstrated how they won't have anything to do with contending for league places 1-10 in the upcoming season.
Robin Dutts' 'handwriting' as a coach is already noticeable and it's distinctive as ever: The team blows hard.

Watched this game too... Just :shakeshead:

DennyCrane

Watched this game too... Just :shakeshead:

The incompetence of their management is stunning. Even when Bayern doesn't buy half their players as they used to, it's still pretty much guarenteed that they'll lose key players every season at a bargain without even the slightest effort to find a half-way decent replacement. But this, well, this is a whole new level.
Maybe it's just me because I still associate their name with the most exciting and innovative, although not most successful football played in the last decade in Germany, but seeing them like this is hard to take. Their ultras already went bonkers yesterday and called for heads and we're still in preseason.
And to top it all of, they now have Robin Dutt as a coach who together with Eichin is pretty much guarenteed to hammer the final nail into the coffin. Actually, scratch what I said about league-spots 1-10; they'll be fighting relegation from match-day one.

Last edited:

CevinK

The incompetence of their management is stunning. Even when Bayern doesn't buy half their players as they used to, it's still pretty much guarenteed that they'll lose key players every season at a bargain without even the slightest effort to find a half-way decent replacement. But this, well, this is a whole new level.
Maybe it's just me because I still associate their name with the most exciting and innovative, although not most successful football played in the last decade in Germany, but seeing them like this is hard to take. Their ultras already went bonkers yesterday and called for heads and we're still in preseason.
And to top it all of, they now have Robin Dutt as a coach who together with Eichin is pretty much guarenteed to hammer the final nail into the coffin. Actually, scratch what I said about league-spots 1-10; they'll be fighting relegation from match-day one.

True story

Der Kaiser

Bremen and Hamburg are fighting for the worst management title yet again this season :lol: At least Wolfsburg finally made some smart personel choices.

DennyCrane

Bremen and Hamburg are fighting for the worst management title yet again this season :lol: At least Wolfsburg finally made some smart personel choices.

The true spirit of a traditional rivalry :lol:

EDIT: Newsflash: Against all odds and expectations, Bremen wants to make something similar to a good decision and want to sign Diego Contento. 95 % chance to blow this one too.

Last edited:

Robert

Schalke assembled a very respectable squad this year, they built on last year's solid squad with some good signings, I expect them to get 3rd place again.

DennyCrane

I agree, Schalke has a nice squad already. Still not sure about their coach though, he has practically no track record and Schalkes' club environment can be difficult to manage at times. Still, this squad should get them in the top-5.
Other than that, the league has a lot of surprise packages this season.

The only team I really like and care about in the first division, Freiburg, lost a lot of players in this transfer period, including some of the most important with Flum, Rosenthal and Kruse. Still, coach is a genius and I think Freiburg will surprise many again this season.

DennyCrane

Bundesliga celebrated its' 50th birthday yesterday and DW made a documentary about it, which is also english subbed. Enjoy.

Galning

Just got back from practice, gonna watch now too :)
My stream is only in the 47th minute, is this correct or...?

mixer

That was a good goal from Dante, pretty impressive, hope he keeps it up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans