Bundesliga 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulFCB

Banned
By then Pep will be 1 month into the season.

I predict an easy 1-0 win with Chelsea trying to defend it all the way to penalties and Bayern's midfield not letting Chelsea even hoping for a counter.

DennyCrane

Did you watch the game? Dortmund look awesome, and they didnt even have Micky and Piszczek!

Of course Bayern are favorites and will probably get more points, but the matches against Dortmund are 50-50 IMO.

More than anything, the match was an important sign to the rest of the league that Bayern can be beaten and I sincerely hope that the other teams won't go down without a fight this upcoming season. Although it already seems to be the new mantra "to compete with the other teams, not with Bayern" there's no need to roll out the red carpet for them like e.g. Schalke and Hamburg did last season.

Der Kaiser

More than anything, the match was an important sign to the rest of the league that Bayern can be beaten and I sincerely hope that the other teams won't go down without a fight this upcoming season. Although it already seems to be the new mantra "to compete with the other teams, not with Bayern" there's no need to roll out the red carpet for them like e.g. Schalke and Hamburg did last season.

Klopp said after the game that they´re not competing with Bayern this season because they are the best team. But they want to beat them every time they play. Every team needs to have the mentality of trying to beat the arguably best team in the world, hopefully some teams can succeed and make the league close.

PaulFCB

Banned

This is just what they hope, after a few games when Bayern thrash the others in Bundesliga everything will be back to normal and Borussia fighting for 2nd with the others.

PaulFCB

Banned
Actually, my prediction is more likely than anything, especially much more likely than what you said, that it will affect Bayern in any way possible...
First of all, Bayern wasn't unbeaten last year, they lost to BATE in the Group Stage, how did that affect them? They lost to Arsenal in the UCL and everybody started to "believe" they can but they killed anything from then on. Same thing with Bayer 04 in the Bundesliga...so really, just because a team loses it's first match in these conditions, doesn't change anybody's mind, what is important what happens in that particular game in the Bundesliga cause nobody gives up before the match unless they are bribed or like to bet heavy, while talking about giving up in Germany where the mentality is never pointing towards this, which is more available for latin countries such as Spain ( hmm, let's remember the 2nd leg with Bayern on Camp Nou... :) ), is foolish anyway.

Last edited:

S2K1985

Chatbot
I'm all fine man, thanks for asking. :beer2: Lots of stress at university, but I cope. Saw Kaiserslautern win on Friday which always puts me in a good mood :D

How are you mate ?

Im starting to study in October. But only on a FH. Im fine too. Chilling before it starts:wave::beer2:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Did you watch the game? Dortmund look awesome, and they didnt even have Micky and Piszczek!

Of course Bayern are favorites and will probably get more points, but the matches against Dortmund are 50-50 IMO.

However, unfortunately BVB does not enjoy the overwhelming dominance over other Buli teams that Bayern does. I predict this season will easily be another Bayern season. :banghead:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Klopp said after the game that they´re not competing with Bayern this season because they are the best team. But they want to beat them every time they play. Every team needs to have the mentality of trying to beat the arguably best team in the world, hopefully some teams can succeed and make the league close.

We (Barca) need to adopt this mentality too. Beating Bayern (abeit not the best Bayern, without Ribery and Neuer and a fit Bastian) is not impossible. Impossible is nothing. :p

Robert

I don't think anyone doubts Barca *can* beat Bayern...but over two legs, in Champions League knockouts? I think they've got the upper hand, especially with Pep moving there, seeing how he knows the ins and outs of every Barca player excluding Neymar.

CevinK

Emre Can from Bayern München to Bayer Leverkusen for 6 mil Euro with Bayern having a buy-back option after two years. Shrewd deal.

Interesting transfer, great talent for the future, but I think Leverkusen isn´t a club that can afford to spend 6 mil on player who next season will not have a big impact although they got money from selling Schürrle and CL money.

CevinK

I agree about the first part, about the second... Too much more than they are used to :D but still not much I think. Depends to who compare ofcourse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans