Girona FC

Messi983

They currently have four City players on loan (they also had Marlos Moreno but his loan was already canceled because he didn't play) but only Pablo Maffeo who already played for Girona in the last two seasons in Segunda is a starter for Pablo Machin's team though he's also losing playing time lately to Aday Benitez. Aleix Garcia is a rotational player but he has only started 6 games so far while Douglas Luiz and especially Larry Kayode often don't even make the match squad.

I know people consider Girona as City's feeder club but so far I don't see them working like one on the pitch. Machin probably doesn't want to be too dependent on loanees that he'd most likely lose after one season so he's keeping a lot of faith to players (in club property) who were already key for their promotion and know his system perfectly alongside a few signings they've made last summer, especially Cristhian Stuani who's having a great season so far.

Will be interesting to see if City will send them some of their more proven first team players (who they won't count on) on loan if Girona will qualify for the EL. Then maybe Machin would give these players more important role (they would also play more games so he'd have to rotate more) but so far he doesn't give a s*** to play City youngsters if he doesn't think they can help the team. And until Girona will work this way and not just as a polygon to develop City kids I'll like them.

Messi983

DfG4L18WAAU-YbH.jpg

Home of Barca Fans