Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

Nothing wrong with that. Same with the fact that if you base your prediction solely on that away record & adding a " :lol: " smiley that I find it weird and rather dull.

Banana-Rama

Mourinho just needs to buy a proper CF and he'll walk the Premier League.

in the last two seasons united have finished with 89 points, if we do the same next season chelsea would have to break the all time points record in the premier league to walk the league as you described it, so yeah, no-one will be walking the premier league next season...

How many trophies has Moyes won again? Oh yeah, none.

how many trophies had guardiola won in management before taking the barca job, or jurgen klopp before the dortmund job, thats right, none, mainz got relegated in klopp's last season there. if you are only going to give big jobs to managers who have lots of trophies on the cv then you'll just get the same managers in important positions all the time, i think managers who perform well at lesser clubs deserve a chance too, that is where klopp came from...

Last edited:

loozy

But Klopp had no expectations whatsoever resting on his shoulders and unproven and young players.

It's rubbish comparing Moyes and Klopp as their situations are nothing alike.

Banana-Rama

But Klopp had no expectations whatsoever resting on his shoulders and unproven and young players.

It's rubbish comparing Moyes and Klopp as their situations are nothing alike.

it is not rubbish at all, people are having a go at moyes because he doesn't have trophies on his cv, klopp had 7 years as manager at mainz and won nothing, did he not deserve a chance at a bigger club because of that? the job that klopp had to do at dortmund to bridge the gap between them and bayern was far tougher then the one facing moyes, moyes is taking over the league champions with a strong squad and lots of money to spend.

if anything the expectation is more on mourinho's shoulders then moyes, everyone expects mourinho to sweep up the trophies again because of who he is and what he did last time, anyone who thinks united won't continue to be competing at the top of the league is deluded...

DavidVillano1

in the last two seasons united have finished with 89 points, if we do the same next season chelsea would have to break the all time points record in the premier league to walk the league as you described it, so yeah, no-one will be walking the premier league next season...
Ferguson alone was worth atleast 12 points a season for United, I'll make a prediction right now that Moyes won't make 80 points this season. He will get a points return around United's lowest in recent years of 77, when you's finished third, in-fact probably less than 77.

Last edited:

loozy

it is not rubbish at all, people are having a go at moyes because he doesn't have trophies on his cv, klopp had 7 years as manager at mainz and won nothing, did he not deserve a chance at a bigger club because of that? the job that klopp had to do at dortmund to bridge the gap between them and bayern was far tougher then the one facing moyes, moyes is taking over the league champions with a strong squad and lots of money to spend.

if anything the expectation is more on mourinho's shoulders then moyes, everyone expects mourinho to sweep up the trophies again because of who he is and what he did last time, anyone who thinks united won't continue to be competing at the top of the league is deluded...

I compare the legacy that Moyes has and the one that Klopp had. The club Dortmund was shite when Klopp took over and he basically rebuilt them from scratch. Moyes already has an excellent and functioning squad - this is the fundamental difference.

Banana-Rama

I compare the legacy that Moyes has and the one that Klopp had. The club Dortmund was shite when Klopp took over and he basically rebuilt them from scratch. Moyes already has an excellent and functioning squad - this is the fundamental difference.

precisely, everything is in place at united for moyes to succeed, that is exactly my point...

DavidVillano1

precisely, everything is in place at united for moyes to succeed, that is exactly my point...
Is it really though?

You have a big problem with one of your key players in Rooney. Wingers who've been well off form, a massive issue in midfield. Whilst an aging defence that will be a year older.

Ferguson did a fantastic job last year to scrape the best out of this team, Ferguson's ability to make the team never give up and sneak wins came through again. IMO Moyes won't be able to do this, whilst he will want to stamp his own thinking on the team which could be an issue early on. Not to mention the pressure won't be on the refs near as much.

United deservedly won the championship last season, but it was far from a great team or great performances throughout.

Banana-Rama

Ferguson alone was worth atleast 12 points a season for United, I'll make a prediction right now that Moyes won't make 80 points this season. He will get a points return around United's lowest in recent years of 77, when you's finished third, in-fact probably less than 77.

united were losing points every season because of fergie's stubbornness in not strengthening the midfield, if we get the thiago deal done that will be a big upgrade to the weakest area of the squad which will gain us some points, we'll sign another player or two this summer also. moyes will surprise plenty of people, he's a better manager then many people realise. i am keeping that post of yours in my back pocket by the way, i'll be re-posting that this time next year...

0n0mat0p0eia

...I'll make a prediction right now that Moyes won't make 80 points this season. He will get a points return around United's lowest in recent years of 77, when you's finished third, in-fact probably less than 77.

You don't happen to have the Euromillions winning numbers for Tuesday, do you?

DavidVillano1

united were losing points every season because of fergie's stubbornness in not strengthening the midfield, if we get the thiago deal done that will be a big upgrade to the weakest area of the squad which will gain us some points, we'll sign another player or two this summer also. moyes will surprise plenty of people, he's a better manager then many people realise. i am keeping that post of yours in my back pocket by the way, i'll be re-posting that this time next year...
Don't really rate Moyes, never have and he's wasted lots of money at Everton.

Hopefully you don't sign Thiago, I actually feel it would be a bad move for him because his style of passing and playing one-twos would be lost at United, unless Kagawa plays and he links up well with him. If he is next to the likes of Jones, Valencia, Young, Anderson, Cleverley etc then I fear for him.

Each to their own mate, certainly keep the post, I hope you post it and say well done when my prediction comes true. ;)

Ageing defence Phil Jones and Smalling are two of the best young CB in the country
Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra will all start majority of games next season, unless Moyes brings in a new CB/LB

Smalling is injury prone!

Phil Jones has been woeful nearly every time he's selected at CB, remember his performances there in the UCL, Newcastle etc? I'd love United to start with Jones every week...

You don't happen to have the Euromillions winning numbers for Tuesday, do you?
Meh, I made a prediction on my opinion, problem with that?

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

Is it really though?

You have a big problem with one of your key players in Rooney. Wingers who've been well off form, a massive issue in midfield. Whilst an aging defence that will be a year older.

Ferguson did a fantastic job last year to scrape the best out of this team, Ferguson's ability to make the team never give up and sneak wins came through again. IMO Moyes won't be able to do this, whilst he will want to stamp his own thinking on the team which could be an issue early on. Not to mention the pressure won't be on the refs near as much.

United deservedly won the championship last season, but it was far from a great team or great performances throughout.

scraped the best out of the team??? :lol: we cruised to the title this season, you have massively exaggerated everything there, rooney will either stay or he'll go and a replacement will be brought in, it is not a massive issue at all, for the record i think he'll stay and extend his contract. moyes looks like he is bringing midfield reinforcements this summer, thiago might join and it looks like another centre mid will be signed too, so the midfield will be stronger then it has been for a long time.

i agree that the wingers were poor last season, but that might sort itself out. nani was injured for a lot of last season, maybe he'll sign a new contract and have a great season, maybe he'll be sold and someone else brought in, we have brought in zaha who looks a great prospect. perhaps young, valencia will up there game under a new manager, who knows. as for the defence, we have the best goalkeeper in the league for starters, vidic-evans is a very good partnership with younger ones like smalling and jones, who knows we may buy a centre back, we have been linked with a few this summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans