Rosell interview

JamDav1982

i swear to god i knew you were going to come and state some obvious crap like he didn't do it alone, so i just didn't mention that, no shit Sherlock.off course he didn't do it alone, does a general win a war alone?

Saying 'he made a great club great again' gives him credit and no one else.

Saying he helped to make a great club great again is a different story.

jamrock

he was club president nothing could be done without his approval and guess what he almost always choose right, so much so that the club is still living off his legacy today, all those guys that left just wanted more off a say and looking at all that happen under him i am glad he didn't listen and they left.

ps resell won because no one else was there to really challenge him, the laporta man that everyone wanted to challenge him in soriano choose not to

JamDav1982

he was club president nothing could be done without his approval and guess what he almost always choose right, so much so that the club is still living off his legacy today, all those guys that left just wanted more off a say and looking at all that happen under him i am glad he didn't listen and they left.

ps resell won because no one else was there to really challenge him, the laporta man that everyone wanted to challenge him in soriano choose not to

No he wasnt. The decisions were taken democratically at first and the whole board had an input.

It was not Laporta who signed Ronaldinho or deciding on the re branding of the club it was democratically done by the new young board. Laporta may have signed it off but he did not make the final decision on these things. When it started to get that way the board started leaving.

You have it totally wrong and are crediting him with decisions that were made as a board that 'made the club great again'.

Just watch the documentary.

Rosell stood on the back of a campaign to change the Laporta regime at board level. The members knew that and approved it. If they didnt want it he would have not have been voted in and others would have stood.

jamrock

if you have the power to sign of on something then you are the one that makes the final decision, when obama signs something he makes the final decision even if the idea isn't his he has to agree are it doesn't happen, that's what being a president of anything means.

your acting like he was just there to rubber stamp the decision of the board like some figure head, and didn't have any input or thought of his own.

he gets credit because he was the president during the greatest period of the club which means he made many good decisions are signed off on my, some people could have said screw you i'm doing my own thing.

JamDav1982

if you have the power to sign of on something then you are the one that makes the final decision, when obama signs something he makes the final decision even if the idea isn't his he has to agree are it doesn't happen, that's what being a president of anything means.

your acting like he was just there to rubber stamp the decision of the board like some figure head, and didn't have any input or thought of his own.

he gets credit because he was the president during the greatest period of the club which means he made many good decisions are signed off on my, some people could have said screw you i'm doing my own thing.

You could not be more wrong.

He was not making the final decision he was going on the decision that the board as a whole agreed on and singing it off. He was not going against the boards decsions if he did not agree. He was more than rubber stamping and had his say also.

If you think he was taking the final decision regardless of what the board wanted you have no idea of the situation of why they even ran for Presidency in the first place.

He was not taking the sole decisions on what players to sign or negotiating their contracts it is all there in the documentary just go and watch.

jamrock

which president takes control of signing players and contracts only rosell does that by giving 40m to near i don't know why i am arguing with you when i know better.

presidents but people in place to make decisions and if those people make good decisions he gets credit for putting the people in the right place.

yes i know in the beginning laporta was the "face" of the program but the so called brains left. and guess what happen we went from strength to strength.

laporta made good decisions he put the right people in place and listen to the right advisors that's what presidents do and when the came to a decision he approved it if he agreed.

step talking about the damn documentary, it gave us insight into the begins of the program, laporta was president for 8 years.

JamDav1982

which president takes control of signing players and contracts only rosell does that by giving 40m to near i don't know why i am arguing with you when i know better.

presidents but people in place to make decisions and if those people make good decisions he gets credit for putting the people in the right place.

yes i know in the beginning laporta was the "face" of the program but the so called brains left. and guess what happen we went from strength to strength.

laporta made good decisions he put the right people in place and listen to the right advisors that's what presidents do and when the came to a decision he approved it if he agreed.

step talking about the damn documentary, it gave us insight into the begins of the program, laporta was president for 8 years.

Just from watching the documentary it is there for all to see what the set up was when Laporta board took over.

They took over at a time when the club was lagging behind the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid economically and was not being run properly as a business. It was more of a dictatorship and the former presidents having too much control and power ranging from the marketing of the club to the signings made.

Laporta AND Rosell put a board together of young Barcelona businessmen that would get together and run to change the system - each with their own are of expertise to change the face of the club. Some in marketing, some in terms of negotiating player purchases etc some on the sporting side identifying players. This was to be a complete change to the old style of power in the hands of a select few who did not have any relevant experience.

They were changing away from exaclty the type of situation that you are claiming - one man signing off and making the final decisions. The decisions were taken democratically

You can argue that all you like but it is there in the documentary

It was a team that turned Barcelona round not Laporta making independent decisions.

If you can tell me one decision that you know of that Laporta went against the board on feel free.

You are describing the exact situation of one man having too much power that Barcelona in 2003 sought to change and thats why it worked.

You just dont get it do you?

oz187

Laporta did not make the club great again on his own, he was part of a young team that did that

But that's the point, Laporta put the team together that made the club great.
He put the team together that revolutionised the marketing of the club and tripled revenues.
He chose to keep with the philosophy of attacking football and youth development.
He chose Txiki as Director of Football who made good purchases and did a great job designing the squad.
He chose Rijkaard and Guardiola.

So on and off the pitch, tripling of revenues and multiple leagues and Champions Leagues. Best president ever.

jamrock

rosell and laporta did x the rosell and many others left because laporta was starting to make his own decisions going against the principles they agree upon as you said yet you are telling he stuck to what happen in the first few years, you are going against you own points unless laporta stopped being president in his first few years.

a few things laporta had a big saying in, keepingand hiring rijkaard and hiring pep.

JamDav1982

rosell and laporta did x the rosell and many others left because laporta was starting to make his own decisions going against the principles they agree upon as you said yet you are telling he stuck to what happen in the first few years, you are going against you own points unless laporta stopped being president in his first few years.

a few things laporta had a big saying in, keepingand hiring rijkaard and hiring pep.

Tell me one of the decisions Laporta made against the wishes of the board in his later years?

The biggest decision they got right and the one which save him was the decision to appoint Guardiola which was not his decision and was advised by others.

JamDav1982

But that's the point, Laporta put the team together that made the club great.
He put the team together that revolutionised the marketing of the club and tripled revenues.
He chose to keep with the philosophy of attacking football and youth development.
He chose Txiki as Director of Football who made good purchases and did a great job designing the squad.
He chose Rijkaard and Guardiola.

So on and off the pitch, tripling of revenues and multiple leagues and Champions Leagues. Best president ever.

He did not 'put the team together' he and Rosell got together the best men they knew for the job.

The philosophy of the club was ingrained in terms of youth players and attacking football. Not even an imbecile would have changed that.

He never chose Rijkaard or Guardiola on his own. It was a board decision.

Do you get that the club moved away from one person having too much power and decision making.

oz187

He did not 'put the team together' he and Rosell got together the best men they knew for the job.
How is "Getting together the best men they knew for the job" not putting the team together? LOL.
And yes, Rosell was part of that, but guess what? Laporta chose Rosell as he was the best man for the job. Another great decision by Laporta.

JamDav1982

How is "Getting together the best men they knew for the job" not putting the team together? LOL.
And yes, Rosell was part of that, but guess what? Laporta chose Rosell as he was the best man for the job. Another great decision by Laporta.

My point was that he alone did not put the team together.

I am saying he was a great president for the way the club initially turned around in his time there and that was because he did not try to make ever decision and became more of a strategic leader listening to everyone else and leaving people to their own areas of expertise and not trying to make every decision himself.

You are claiming he was a great president as he had the final say on evrything and would over ride decisions of the board that he did not agree with.

By the time he left many were not happy with him and he was saved from 2008 onwards by the Guardiola appointment that he was not even the one that made that decision. He listened to the right people on that.

jamrock

at this in time i maybe band but jamdav is breaking stupid, he is the very one eh says how many board members left. and we all know how different the board looked at the end, yet he insist upon saying he and rosell did everything as if laporta had the exact same team working from start to end or the club was stuck in time from the point laporta just became president.

then he either can't see are refuses to, that if x employs a and a comes to x and says i think we should do b, and it works out in the real world outside of plant jamdav, x will get the credit for employing the person that brought in b.

and everyone know laporta in the one that listen to cyruff (his man) and others with the appointment of rijkaard and pep and if he didn't sign off on it, it would never have happen since most of the board wanted Jose, but the great Joan laporta went with pep.

in jamdav world you only get credit if he went to Brazil and gave near 40m euros

so obama doesn't get credit for the killing of osama because he did shoot him, himself

and bush is free of blame because the war was a cabinet decision

Home of Barca Fans