Votes: 8 8.7%

Votes: 23 25.0%

Votes: 31 33.7%

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • 10 (all time great)

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters

Banana-Rama

strange thread, you cannot describe the success or failure of a signing by giving them a number out of ten, what does a player have to do to get 4 out of 10 instead of a 3 or 2? either a player turns out to be a success at the club or he doesn't, this rating players out of ten is nonsense...

strange thread, you cannot describe the success or failure of a signing by giving them a number out of ten, what does a player have to do to get 4 out of 10 instead of a 3 or 2? either a player turns out to be a success at the club or he doesn't, this rating players out of ten is nonsense...

I'm basically asking how good people think Neymar has the potential to become, on a scale of 0 to 10. But yeah, I realize it is a bit of a weird thread :lol:

Banana-Rama

I'm basically asking how good people think Neymar has the potential to become, on a scale of 0 to 10. But yeah, I realize it is a bit of a weird thread :lol:

he is a marquee new signing with a lot of hype, so obviously the vast majority will pick high numbers, did you expect anything different...

Last edited:

Agri

The doubt and skepticism is too high folks. The general mainstream idea around the world is that Neymar will be a massive flop. everyone is convinced that this is a safe prediction. The best culés around here can give is a 8 for someone who costs 57 M euros. People, rub your hands together. Neymer is coming to make a massive difference in Barcelona. We will be entrained.

desoe

For the lower numbers is difficult to be precise, but for the higher ones could be pretty much accurate. And for that part:

either a player turns out to be a success at the club or he doesn't, this rating players out of ten is nonsense

Does it mean that all players are equally successful for a club? For example - I rate Sylvinho as a successful player for Barca. But is he as successful as Eric Abidal in terms of general influence, solidity or class? Edmilson vs Busquets? Larsson vs Eto'o?

Micah

Never really wanted him in the first place, we could have got Bale for that money. But now that he is here im hoping he turns out to be a legend.
though realistically my expectations are on a par to that i have for Sanchez-meaning Decent players.

P.S - Ronnie is incomparable, anything less than the best on what ever scale, is a JOKE!

F

Flavia

Never really wanted him in the first place, we could have got Bale for that money. But now that he is here im hoping he turns out to be a legend.
though realistically my expectations are on a par to that i have for Sanchez-meaning Decent players.

P.S - Ronnie is incomparable, anything less than the best on what ever scale, is a JOKE!
Bale won't leave spurs for less than 80mi, so no, Barça wouldn't get him for 57. And he also wouldn't fit in Barça.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb

neymar might not work after all but i am confident that he has a better chance of performing for us than bale....do u even think that bale will adapt to our passing style and stop running all the time.....

footyfan

Calma, calma
Even for careers, Ronaldinho would be an 8.5.

Xavi, Iniesta would probably be 9 or 9.5, same with Zidane and Ronaldo.

Messi, Maradona, Pele, Muller, Beckenbauer, Cruyff etc. would be 10s.

Unless you want to lump all the all-time-greats into one number (10)

JamDav1982

Even for careers, Ronaldinho would be an 8.5.

Xavi, Iniesta would probably be 9 or 9.5, same with Zidane and Ronaldo.

Messi, Maradona, Pele, Muller, Beckenbauer, Cruyff etc. would be 10s.

Unless you want to lump all the all-time-greats into one number (10)

Is this career wise or players at their peak?

Playing at their peak most people would have Ronaldinho at least as an equal with Xavi and Iniesta.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I was thinking career wise. Xavi-Iniesta formed two of the best teams ever and have won it all multiple times. Surely, that outweighs Ronaldinho's career achievements. Ronaldinho at his peak is obviously the best player of the three. But he didn't sustain it long enough.

The rate at which Messi is going, he will surely be a 10 if he isn't one already. He is an era-defining player like Maradona, Pele or Cruyff. Zidane and Ronaldo are similar but they didn't have the same type of dominance over the rest of the players like Messi does. It could be because there were better players then or teams are more of a collective now than a bit more individualistic like before. All subjective of course.

JamDav1982

I was thinking career wise. Xavi-Iniesta formed two of the best teams ever and have won it all multiple times. Surely, that outweighs Ronaldinho's career achievements. Ronaldinho at his peak is obviously the best player of the three. But he didn't sustain it long enough.

The rate at which Messi is going, he will surely be a 10 if he isn't one already. He is an era-defining player like Maradona, Pele or Cruyff. Zidane and Ronaldo are similar but they didn't have the same type of dominance over the rest of the players like Messi does. It could be because there were better players then or teams are more of a collective now than a bit more individualistic like before. All subjective of course.

Ronaldinho has won everything and was the better player of the three at his peak.

Personally I would rate him at worst on the same level as them.

All opinions of course and people rate on different things.

Banana-Rama

For the lower numbers is difficult to be precise, but for the higher ones could be pretty much accurate. And for that part:

Does it mean that all players are equally successful for a club? For example - I rate Sylvinho as a successful player for Barca. But is he as successful as Eric Abidal in terms of general influence, solidity or class? Edmilson vs Busquets? Larsson vs Eto'o?

signings can usually be put it into 3 categories, bad signing, good signing, or great signing, you would describe ibrahimovic as a bad signing, larsson would be a good signing, ronaldinho would be a great signing, there is no need to complicate things by rating them out of ten...

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
signings can usually be put it into 3 categories, bad signing, good signing, or great signing, you would describe ibrahimovic as a bad signing, larsson would be a good signing, ronaldinho would be a great signing, there is no need to complicate things by rating them out of ten...

Exactly.

mixer

Good point.

I want Neymar to be a great signing, but I feel he will be just a good one.

Home of Barca Fans