Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3346

Thread: Jérémy Mathieu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmaster View Post
    I would pay for that myself...
    Well, we are acting like drunkards on the transfer market. He was a chain smoking 31 year old and we signed him up for 4 years. We simply do not have the money to piss away like we have done for so many years, when it was masked by our great youth system which provided us with so much quality.

Now we actually have to act sensible in the transfer market if we are to stay competitive and not act like we are owned by a billionaire with money to burn.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has the flexibility of those action man figures from the 90's. He is too rigid, slow in reactions and has a weird way of getting himself in the worst position possible at the wrong time.

Bench. Bench. Bench. Bring Bartra in.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the transfer of Mathieu(along with a WC CB, but that never happened).

He wasn't bad at all last season, but this season everything he touches turns into ashes and he's soon to be 32 so he'll keep declining.

On the other hand we have Bartra who's not turned out to be what many people wished of him, but I think he'll be a better option than Mathieu. Problem is that Lucho seem to disagree.

Vermaelen injury prone as expected too.
    Last edited by DonAK; 3rd October 2015 at 04:10 PM.
    Just get a better midfield

SiempreBlaugrana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo @Sumlit, your Mathieu diary has made it to the Barca subreddit.

QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I'm expecting a new entry in that diary @Sumlit. Maybe something about him wanting to quit football and retire in the Caribeans where he would eat bananas all his life and some Cuban cigars until his head explodes.

San Claudio Bravo
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Flavia told me about reddit

The next entry is almost done.
    In loving memory of the Mathieu Adventure Experience.
    Gone but never forgotten.
    July 2014 - July 2017

http://www.barcaforum.com/blog.php/15731-Sumlit
    http://www.barcaforum.com/blog.php/1...ure-Experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely dreadful showing. How could he get so bad in such a short space of time? The mind boggles. Worst part is that we don't even have a decent backup to relegate him to the bench :-/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arjunanand1 View Post
    Absolutely dreadful showing. How could he get so bad in such a short space of time? The mind boggles. Worst part is that we don't even have a decent backup to relegate him to the bench :-/
    Just play Bartra. It doesn't get much worse anyways and at least Bartra has potential to improve, while Mathieu is 32 and is only going to get worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arjunanand1 View Post
    Yes we do. And Valencia fans were laughing at us for buying him for 20m euros. That should tell us something. Of course they replaced him with Mustafi for less than half the price like a team with a proper scouting network and transfer policy does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    Just play Bartra. It doesn't get much worse anyways and at least Bartra has potential to improve, while Mathieu is 32 and is only going to get worse.
    I was wondering why Bartra didn't get the nod ahead of Mathieu today. And I initially didn't have a problem with that as ginger usually plays decently at CB. Looks like that isn't the case anymore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sumlit, what happens with the diary if Mathieu ends up on the bench or if he leaves the club?

Any chance Stegen will find it and decide to continue Mathieu's life story?

Barçapocalypse NOW!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know he had a yellow card but he should have shown more resistance against Gameiro... He just let him go past him and make an easy cross...
    Legends!
    #6 - #5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sumlit, what happens with the diary if Mathieu ends up on the bench or if he leaves the club?

Any chance Stegen will find it and decide to continue from where he left off?

San Claudio Bravo
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 437 of the Mathieu Adventure Experience

Morning, 3rd of October in the year of our Lord 2015. In hiding somewhere in the Andalusian territory of Sevilla.

Dear Diary:

I write this entry in complete despair. I have gone into exile. I cannot write more details at this moment as I am on the run, lest this diary fall into the wrong hands and my whereabouts are thus discovered. I must go now, I hear the lynch mob and hounds coming....

...5 hours later...

Dear Diary:

I have escaped persecution. My natural pale white camouflage served me well as I was able to elude my pursuers in the White Hill Towns of Andalusia. I hide now in am abandoned cave as I wait for things to cool down. I will attempt now, dear diary, to chronicle the unfortunate events that lead to this most awful of circumstances.

Fresh from that disaster against the German barbarians and my particular battering at the hands of that vicious Greek monstrosity, I had hopes that our trip to sunny and warm Andalusia would bring a positive entry in the chronicles of My Experience. Alas it wasn't to be. Those White and Red devils of Sevilla, lead by that evil slick-haired Satan called Untime Enemy, made my already difficult week a veritable hell on earth. They abused my pasty body mercilessly all day and not once, but twice did I succumb to their onslaught and committed grievous mistakes that lead to harsh punishment. So terrible was the torture wrought on me on this day that our director Enrique Luish was forced to throw in the towel to save what was left of my mutilated corpse.

Outside the skirmish fields a vicious lynch mob of Barcelonius supporters quickly formed, lead by a most savage individual I have hence come to know by the name of Alarcontis. His repeated shouts of "I HATE MATHIEU" will forever haunt my nightmares.

I will remain on the run for the time being, my hopes of moods calming down so that I may get amnesty and forgiveness for my mistakes, many and frequent that they may be. Until better times, dear diary. May my next entry into the Adventure Experience find us in better spirits and circumstances.

PS: Let there be said that I at least have no vendetta against our young comrade MAtSfault. My torture of game keepers is equal opportunity for all, as the stoic faced Bravgod found out today. At least I cannot be accused of being unfair, Mathieu is fair to all!
    In loving memory of the Mathieu Adventure Experience.
    Gone but never forgotten.
    July 2014 - July 2017

http://www.barcaforum.com/blog.php/15731-Sumlit
    http://www.barcaforum.com/blog.php/1...ure-Experience

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)