Neymar: "I had to hold back the tears"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona presented their 57 million signing, Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior, and here are some quotes from the Brazilian star:

"I am very grateful to have the opportunity to play with so many great players."

"Players I have admired since I was a boy. All the Barca players - Messi, Xavi, Iniesta - this is a new stage in my life. I am very happy, it was very emotional to go onto the pitch at the Nou Camp, the way the fans applauded me, I had to hold back the tears."

"I am living a dream, not a dream of Neymar the grown-up, but a dream of Neymar the child. I want my name to go into Barca's history."

"I myself am not concerned about being the best player in the world. The best player in the world is here - it is Leo Messi. I am really pleased, as I am so lucky to play alongside him, and hopefully help him remain the best player in the world.
I hope I adapt as quickly as possible to playing here."

"These are two great clubs (Barca and Real), no doubt about that."
"I am really pleased they both wanted to sign me, but I followed my heart, and here I am - a Barca player. We have received offers of more money, but it is not just a question of money."

Presentacion-de-Neymar-Foto-PE_54374653958_54115221157_400_640.jpg

PaCmAn

Neymar came across as a very nice and down to earth guy, very modest and humble.

He knows the first season is going to be a new test for him, but I'm positive he can succeed in his first season.

I cannot wait to see Neymar play.

sailor

Neymar seems to be a humble player and that's part of the Barca mentality.I'm quite confident that he'll succeed at Barca if he gets along with Messi &Co.

PaulFCB

Banned
This is a crazy sum payed for such a player, I understood they all lauded themselves with 28 million being a bargain, but 57 for Neysh...
We should transfer a GK and at least on CB and this is where the money goes..............

This is a crazy sum payed for such a player, I understood they all lauded themselves with 28 million being a bargain, but 57 for Neysh...
We should transfer a GK and at least on CB and this is where the money goes..............

Again, it won't be that much money going out of our budget for this summer due to the fact that the money will be paid in installments.

Edman

Again, it won't be that much money going out of our budget for this summer due to the fact that the money will be paid in installments.

57m is 57m, whether it is payed in installments or not. And it's a lot. Just look at what Monaco payed for Falcao (Yes, his wages are higher, but still...)

Walker10

The media here in the UK reported that Apparently there are 2 friendliest arranged against santos too as part of the deal and chances are the will be in the gamper cup and supposedly some of the money from the attendances are going towards the transfer.

mixer

Are there any news how much money Barcelona earned from the sale of kits with his name printed on yesterday?

oz187

57m is 57m, whether it is payed in installments or not. And it's a lot. Just look at what Monaco payed for Falcao (Yes, his wages are higher, but still...)

That's not true. By paying in installments it's like taking a loan interest free. Given an interest rate of around 5-10% this means the club is saving maybe around 5-10M in interest payments so that would mean it's more equivalent to paying around 50M up front. They also get an extra year of Neymar so that has some value, you could say that's worth another 5-10M. And then maybe the friendlies will make it a bit cheaper too.

Maybe, but the point I was trying to make was that because it's in installments, it won't be that much money going out of the transfer budget (as a response to what PaulFCB said about us needing to spend the money on a GK on a CB).

Home of Barca Fans