Jose Mourinho

Joan

Going by the frequency of posting in the thread, I'm his biggest fanboy. :lol: Hilarious conference.

I fell at Wembley on purpose!
“The people called me and asked me to fall at Wembley, because they needed news from me. So I made it on purpose so you could speak a little bit about myself…
“It was a good dive and I protect my phone and it was good. No penalty and maybe a yellow card!”

The fans should know the truth
“For the Manchester United supporters, I think it's important that they have the right idea of how things are in reality. The most important thing of all is the kid [Marcus Rashford] is a good kid, the kid is a good player and knows what Manchester United did for him, starting in the Academy and then with Mr [Louis] Van Gaal's support and my support and the club's support and the new contract and the new [no.10] shirt and being selected for every single match.

“Since I've been here, Marcus Rashford has been selected for every single match - he was never, not even for one day, out of selection because of my decision or because he was injured or, like in this case, because he is suspended. He was never, never out of selection, so he knows and that's the most important thing. But again, media is very important and I think it's important the Manchester United supporters know the truth. That's why I'm going so specific about these numbers."

They wake up and think of Jose
“Some of the people, everybody knows that they have double salaries, they also work for other clubs and when they also work for the clubs, of course they are not independent and of course they conduct things in the direction they want to conduct things. That's obvious and that's human, and that's natural.

It's not tactical but I accept clearly. The ones that wake up in the morning and the first thing that comes into their minds is Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, I feel sorry for them because there are much more interesting things to wake up and be happy about in the morning than to speak immediately about us and about football."

This is what we're doing with Marcus
“In 2017/18, he played 35 matches in the Premier League, eight in the Champions League, five in the FA Cup including the final, three League Cup matches and the UEFA Super Cup. He played a total of 52 matches with 2,676 minutes. If you divide that into 90 minutes, it gives 29.7 matches. So, with me in two seasons, he had 105 appearances, 5,744 minutes, 63.7 matches of 90 minutes, including five finals.
So, the people that are speaking and speaking about these minutes, I think they are a bit confused. Marcus Rashford is not Dominic Solanke, he's not Ruben Loftus-Cheek, he's not Dominic Calvert-Lewin - he is Marcus Rashford, a Manchester United player with an incredible number of appearances and an incredible number of minutes played at the highest level in the best possible competitions. So, Manchester United supporters, [it is] for you and just for you to know what we're doing with Marcus Rashford, with Luke Shaw, with Jesse Lingard, with Scott McTominay.”

“If you don't mind to lose a couple of minutes with me, I'm going to do something, not for you but for the United fans, because I think I owe myself to the United fans to share two minutes with you. In the 2016/17 season, Marcus Rashford played 32 Premier League matches, 11 Europa League matches, including the final, three FA Cup matches, six League Cup matches including the final and the Community Shield. He had 53 appearances, but if you want to take minutes played, he played 3,068 minutes and, if you want to divide that into 90 minutes of matches, he played 34.2 matches of 90 minutes in 2016/17.”

Remember, Rashford is banned
“Speaking about Marcus, I think I can expect that on Sunday I'm going to be highly criticised for not playing him because some of the boys are really obsessed with me and, I think, have a problem with some compulsive lies. So I can expect on Sunday, some of them will wake up in the morning and always the first thing that comes to their mind is Jose Mourinho.

“So I can imagine I'm going to be criticised for not playing Marcus, but it's not my fault. He is suspended, so probably we should remind them that he's suspended and cannot play. Performances with England, of course I am happy. He played well, he competed well, he scored and especially in a period where he comes with some sadness after his suspension. It was very good that he did that.”

Givenchy

I'd rather have Mourinho than EV right now.. there i said it. atleast Mourinho kicks up a fuss enough to get himself sacked + his drama can be entertaining

we have a soyboy imitation

Morten

I would love for Mou to be manager of PSG after this, only to watch the drama between him and Ney Ney, would be glorious.

El Gato

Villarato!
I would love for Mou to be manager of PSG after this, only to watch the drama between him and Ney Ney, would be glorious.

What makes you think Ney would be the issue? He has bigger problems with having an arguably bigger rival to his status developing on the opposite flank so a balancing act like Mou that nullifies overexcitement of the fanbase would probably actually be more of an issue with Mbappe, but even he likes playing with hectares of space ahead. PSG are actually much better tailored for being relentlessly direct and have several players capable of playing a good punishing game i.e. the Cavani goal at Camp Nou. While many United players think they're better than they are while they can't make a pass and can't be bothered to run back to chase the turnover. Mou routinely slated Higuain for not doing that.

I believe if Tuchel experiment fails (which it probably will because he doesn't offer much beyond this 'verve' of his), PSG will be Mou's last shot in club football, but don't think he will win anything beyond domestic things. If Di Maria was any younger, they'd be killing themselves to get Mou. They have just about everything he likes to have and he'd be a much better fit there.

PSG's best results in Europe unsurprisingly came under Ancelotti and Blanc. Nasser made a pretty bad call moving away from man managers while the squad was steadily improving. If he hires Mou and it could be great for all of football as PSG could 1) get a real shot at mugging it through in the CL improving Ligue 1 prestige in the process, 2) squeezing the lemon out of what is a fairly above average team and sending them back into oblivion straight after it happens.. and best of all - 3) making Mbappe departure from Paris twice as easy with time, particularly if they win the CL. He'd have nothing left to accomplish there by the age of 24.

Givenchy

I wonder who takes over from him. i cant stand the guy but the problem is not only the manager, they have so many average players it'll take a huge clearout. only DDG and Pogba are world class and both probably want to leave, especially Pogba. their board is also actually worse than ours.

on the flip side of things, what next for Moureen?

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
on the flip side of things, what next for Moureen?

If not Germany then PSG. Tailor made for parking the bus and rapid counters, but the rest of the stuff that comes in the Mou package is what people aren't keen on anymore. Don't think he knows how to talk to top players anymore.

United seem set to get Zizou. Sad days.

Home of Barca Fans