Jose Mourinho

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Makes no sense, not only has Mourinho declined as a coach, he has never been a Yes-man, and Perez needs a Yes-man who will tolerate the penny-pinching.

No smoke without fire.

Pochettino rejected Real Madrid in the summer, he won't come a year later. The time is just not right for him, he doesn't want another rebuild or the instant pressure the job comes with, without the pieces to make a proper run for it in his eyes.

Meanwhile Florentino has a soft spot for Mourinho and he's been linked with a return for years. CR is gone so the only hindrance left is Ramos and he might be convinced one way or another.

The only thing Real Madrid need is a big volume goalscorer and better depth at the CB position. Mourinho will already have his starters in the backline.

El Gato

Villarato!
No smoke without fire.

Pochettino rejected Real Madrid in the summer, he won't come a year later. The time is just not right for him, he doesn't want another rebuild or the instant pressure the job comes with, without the pieces to make a proper run for it in his eyes.

He never dismissed it on the grounds of facing another rebuild. He'd be stupid to do that, it's what he did in all his jobs. He had far too much still to do in London, new ground still to come, still hasn't completed basic European goals. Still not there, but if everything comes together this spring I don't expect he'd have a problem with leaving.

Meanwhile Florentino has a soft spot for Mourinho and he's been linked with a return for years. CR is gone so the only hindrance left is Ramos and he might be convinced one way or another.

To me he's done with the big jobs until he gains some trust back. He hasn't been to CL 1/4s since 2014. It's not a non-factor.

Morten

No smoke without fire.

The only thing Real Madrid need is a big volume goalscorer and better depth at the CB position. Mourinho will already have his starters in the backline.

As i have said, Mou isnt a Yes-man, you think he would tolerate Perez penny-pinching?
Besides, i think even Perez realize that Mou isnt a great coach anymore, its not worth hiring such a toxic personality if he cant even guarantee results anymore.

Morten

He never dismissed it on the grounds of facing another rebuild. He'd be stupid to do that, it's what he did in all his jobs. He had far too much still to do in London, new ground still to come, still hasn't completed basic European goals. Still not there, but if everything comes together this spring I don't expect he'd have a problem with leaving.

To me he's done with the big jobs until he gains some trust back. He hasn't been to CL 1/4s since 2014. It's not a non-factor.

Didnt he choke against 10-man PSG one of those years, that was 14 or 15, right?

El Gato

Villarato!
Didnt he choke against 10-man PSG one of those years, that was 14 or 15, right?

15. In 2014 he lost to Simeone's Atleti pre-Griezmann in semis.

I really, really doubt Perez would risk stirring the pot with Ramos by bringing him in. That appointment would be practically the same as Conte making even less sense. And it'd hike up Hazard's wage demands if he had to work with Jose again.

Nah, like I said yesterday, there are some limits on Jose's options. Even Inter has new management he'd need to convince that he can actually improve upon what Spalletti is doing with that team.

I don't see him managing any big side any time soon.

defyqa

He had it coming... He plays outdated anti-football version and only thinks the short-term solution, can' even control the dressing room. Didn't develop any players, quite the opposite really, players under him regressed. United should get a proper coach who plays attractive football and can develop talents. Trophies will come.

Hmmmmm... Reminds me of someone. :thinking:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I still remember when this cunt stood in the middle of the camp nou pointing his finger to the sky rubbing salt in our wounds. It was nice to put 5 past him several months later, and this is pretty nice too.

Messigician

15. In 2014 he lost to Simeone's Atleti pre-Griezmann in semis.

I really, really doubt Perez would risk stirring the pot with Ramos by bringing him in. That appointment would be practically the same as Conte making even less sense. And it'd hike up Hazard's wage demands if he had to work with Jose again.

Nah, like I said yesterday, there are some limits on Jose's options. Even Inter has new management he'd need to convince that he can actually improve upon what Spalletti is doing with that team.

I don't see him managing any big side any time soon.

Hazard said Mourinho is the one coach he wants to work with again and he regrets the way the laat season panned out and admitted he came back unfit and overweight for pre season.

If Madrid get Mourinho they sign Hazard that simple.

Hazard Benzema Bale
Modric Casemiro Kroos
Marcelo Varane Ramos Carvajal
Courtois

That simple to get Madrid back on the right track get them playing deadly counter attacking football again which is what they're best at. Perez knows the rumours of a crisis are fake news and Mourinho is suited to managing Madrid

Last edited:

Devils

This must put a pretty big dent in his ego lol.

He was in a league full of top managers Pep, Klopp, Poch, Sarri etc...and he completely collapsed while the others are doing seemingly well.

Home of Barca Fans