UEFA European U21 Championship

Leo10

8$? Damn, I need to go to U-21 games at some point!

Yea I paid 107 Euros per ticket on my latest Camp Nou trip so this is literally free.

U-21 is not popular and UEFA demanded the organizers to sell at least 150,000 seats. Right now they sold more than 200K tickets with 5 matches sold out.

F

forcabarca

No goals scored in the first half... Italy was denied a penalty though...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

T

The Kingslayer

Very poor, not reading too much into it though.

I mean when you look at under 21 sides, you usually say its young best team your country can put out who's on the verge of playing for the national team, that's how it is in other country's anyway.

England though, there's only 1 player who took part tonight who will probably be a international player and that's Chalobah.

Jenks

Spineless from Pearce tonight. Set up for a draw and deservedly got punished. He needs to be shown the door, clearly he doesn't trust the technical players or believe in a passing game. Lowe starting while McEachran and Chalobah are on the bench and Carroll and Morrison are at home is a fucking travesty. The annoying thing is I don't think Italy looked all that, not considering the players they had on the pitch anyway. The only plus points for England at the moment are that the other game was a draw, and we still have Ince and Zaha to come back. Redmond was probably our best player, and he was only moved up from the U19's because Sterling is injured and Townsend is a gambling buffoon!

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

England got dominated, even though the scoreline doesn't show it. Insigne the MOTM for me, not just for the gol either but he was on fire the entire match.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Italy got dominated, even though the scoreline doesn't show it. Craig Dawson MOTM for me, not just for the disallowed gol either but he was on fire the entire match.

T

The Kingslayer

Spineless from Pearce tonight. Set up for a draw and deservedly got punished. He needs to be shown the door, clearly he doesn't trust the technical players or believe in a passing game. Lowe starting while McEachran and Chalobah are on the bench and Carroll and Morrison are at home is a fucking travesty. The annoying thing is I don't think Italy looked all that, not considering the players they had on the pitch anyway. The only plus points for England at the moment are that the other game was a draw, and we still have Ince and Zaha to come back. Redmond was probably our best player, and he was only moved up from the U19's because Sterling is injured and Townsend is a gambling buffoon!

Way McEachran played he should have stayed on the bench.

Agree with most what you say though, i've never liked Pearce or his selections, same story with TeamGB at the Olympics, he fucked that one up - I can write multiple teams under21's only using players once and all will look better than Pearce's team tonight, frustrates me when people say England are not producing technically or we are poor technically, we are not, we are producing it's just these players are not getting a chance, Henderson and Shelvey always play for the u21's even when everyone is always fit. Yet everyone knows they aren't going to be international players, probably even Pearce himself knows, so why start them?

The only thing poor technically about England is our coaching and that's both Pearce and Hodgson, but this seems to being overlooked and it's the players fault when we are producing talent like Ox/Wilshere/Ince/Zaha/Sterling/Morrison/Barkley/Powell/Hughes/McEachran/Crawley/Tom Carroll/Chalobah/McManaman/Jones/Shaw/Sturridge/Cleverley/Welbeck.

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Well it's not going to change much, when you have a look at Englands top coaches & the best you can find it Harry Redknapp, not really going places.

T

The Kingslayer

Well that's what i'm saying, it's all well and good opening all these parks, spending £millions on youth development because (apparently) we aren't producing when imo that is not the main problem.

England have always produced and will continue to produce, everyone is pulling down England's technical ability but last gen we had:-

Neville Rio Terry Cole
Beckham Gerrard Lampard Scholes Joe Cole Carrick
Owen Rooney

Everyone one of those was WC in there own right and the best or one of the best in their area of expertise, so how can people turn around and say England do not produce technically? Rather than spending millions on all these parks and blaming the players, i say point the finger in the coaches direction and spend a few million on coaching and putting more English people through their coaching badges.

Home of Barca Fans