Neymar presentation

ShandyFFM

Relax.

Why so negative? Atleast give the guy a chance.......

dont worry about the money same here as with cr7 ... we get the money back in only 2-3 years from sponsoring and jersey sales... i think madrid made 100mil+ with the ronaldo kit after 1 and a half year

JamDav1982

There are plenty of players that have come from South America to europe and adapted imediately.

There seems to be some kind of myth that players dont.

89Norcal

PSG has gas dollars, they can spend 1 billion if they really want, we payed 57 on Neyjunk instead for assuring our future defense with at least one CB and players that have already proven something at the European level where we need to compete, we're not in Brazil or Bolivia. 28 million+10 million was already a cosmic sum for a player like him, unacceptable for a club that isn't financed by oil and gas dollars.

But they didn't spend 1 billion, they spent 45m (on Lucas).

No offense but I think it's pretentious to assume Neymar will offer nothing in return for the money. It may be entirely possible he will be underwhelming, but just as possible that he'll light it up.

It's best to hold a neutral view towards the player even if you have criticism regarding aspects of his purchase, otherwise you will continue to find evidence to reinforce your belief that he was a waste during his entire term, even if he performs.

As awful as Torres was, it was that kind of pressure that wracked his brain and I have no doubt in my mind that he bought into it after a while.

There are plenty of players that have come from South America to europe and adapted imediately.

There seems to be some kind of myth that players dont.

People like train wrecks in football just as much as glory. Failures tend to be more prominent in people's memory.

One thing that seriously annoys me is when pundits/commentators analyze a player in game through the lense of his transfer fee, expecting him to justify it at any given moment, immediately, in whatever match they are commenting on. Though some players it's semi-true like Hulk.

Last edited:

PaulFCB

Banned
The lack of attacking options in the big games was just as much an issue as the defence.

Then buy a serious player, not Neymar who hasn't proven absolutely nothing in top European football if you want to solve the attacking problem. This guy has done nothing to prove he was worth even 10 million in European Football.

By that attitude you would dismiss the likes of Lucas, Oscar, Falcao,Thiago Silva etc in recent years. All of whom have adapted straight away to european football.

Then let him start playing in places like Porto, Benfica or PSG to get used to Europe in some games and the rest mostly against Guimaraes, Braga or Lille and then decide if he's Barcelona material, not take out 60 million from the start with no proof at all. 60 is a nasty freaking sum and was worth for a player like Ronaldinho in 2004 or 2005, we payed in 2003 like 30 for him, in 2001 he was worth 5 million, that's how much the budge for Neymar should've been, for someone like him.

I

instinct

Oh lord, I'm sick of you guys complaining about the signing of an ''unproven'' player. You can not deny that he is one of the world's most talented players atm. And he is only 21 years old. In Barcelona he will have players like Iniesta and Messi who have the ability to make something great out of Neymar. I want to remind you of Lucas and Oscar who came from Brazil to Europa and they adapted great and they play great. Furthermore Neymar did not look bad l in the NT at all.
I thougt, you are Barcelona Fans. I'm sure that the club's scouts and the managment have a good reason to sign him. Maybe marketing is part of it but who cares?
He is for sure one of the most promising talents we have and we all should be glad that we have someone like him in our team. The most annoying thing is, that so many people say that he won't adapt to European soccer or that he will flop. He have not played a single match for Barcelona and did not even took part in one single training session. So stop complaining about this signing.
Tito said that they want to sign a CB this season and Bartomeu told the press that they have enough money for transfers left.

Just my two cents.

JamDav1982

What doesnt make sense is that the people who tell us he is 'unproven' then proceed to tell us how over rated he is!

It makes no sense an they are only contradicting themselves.

89Norcal

Then let him start playing in places like Porto, Benfica or PSG to get used to Europe in some games and the rest mostly against Guimaraes, Braga or Lille and then decide if he's Barcelona material, not take out 60 million from the start with no proof at all. 60 is a nasty freaking sum and was worth for a player like Ronaldinho in 2004 or 2005, we payed in 2003 like 30 for him, in 2001 he was worth 5 million, that's how much the budge for Neymar should've been, for someone like him.

Ronaldinho's transfer was a special case since it exploited the Bosman ruling and there were hints that his brother facilitated Ronaldinho stalling on a new contract so he could go to PSG. Ronaldinho actually pressed in the courts to get his freedom to go abroad. He actually left on a free transfer; Gremio only got the 4-5 million after arbitration even though PSG legally obtained Ronaldinho beforehand.

Prior to his transfer to PSG, Real Madrid offered 35m euros for him (in 1999 btw). Inter offered almost 50m and Leeds offered 67m. There's a reason these talented and charming brazilian players command such high fees.

edit: that 67m would have been the highest ever fee at the time btw.

JamDav1982

How the hell am I not able to deny such a thing? Says who? Oracle Pele and Rosell?
OMFG.

Voted in top ten players in the world.

All the big clubs in the world after him.

Twice South American player of the year.

......yet you know better.

tello

Yeah it is possible that Neymar would not perform well at least for a season or two at Barca but let's see the positives too :

1. The player that everybody was after for a long time came to Barca and though the transfer price is high it will be paid in installments not all at once which is great for the club's financial situation especialy when reinforcements ar so badly needed.

2. Most say he is unproven in European football but forget he played quite well a few games in national team against big European national representatives.

3. Let's wait and give the guy at least a few monts to adapt, to train with the group and learn tactical manouvers and schemes and gain some experience in the position the coach will use him and make the critics then if necessary not now.

4. Let's look at Alexis for comparison, he prooved himself quite a bit in European football but failed catastrophically IMO when considering how he played before he came to Barca, how much he costed and how he performs after two freaking seasons at one of the best attacking teams ever to be seen !

I'd rather pay in any moment 57 milion for the unproven Neymar than 37 milion for the prooved one Alexis !

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans