National Team Support

How do you view your support on the International level?

• I support Spain and will support Spain regardless if Catalonia fields an official FIFA team.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I support Spain, but if Catalonia is allowed a team recognized by FIFA then I will support them.

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • I do not support Spain because I believe Catalans should protest the national team.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I do not support Spain. I support another nation.

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • I do not care about International football.

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

ccesc

I support Spain since the WC 2006 in Germany. They trained in my hometown and I went everyday to their public training sessions. Also got a lot of autographs.

If there will be a team from Catalonia, I'll still support spain + Catalonia.
Imagine a final Spain-Catalonia :D

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I support my own country first, but a close second atm is Spain. But if Catalonia would get an own team, I would support them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I support my national team - Croatia. Don't really care for Spain as those players playing for VdB don't wear Barca colors last time I checked.

Galning

This poll already shows that this is an English speaking forum and not a Catalan one. Not that there's anything wrong with that, not at all.
I personally don't really care about the Swedish national team, if they win: well done, and if they don't, I don't really care. For me, the only national team that I have is the Catalan one. But since they are not allowed to compete I don't support anyone. If Spain plays I hope they lose so the Barcelona players can go home and rest.

So yeah, I picked option 3 from the poll.

PaulFCB

Banned
I supported Spain for some time, but at the same time it's simply because of FC Barcelona players...especially at the World Cup 2010 but also at the last 2 Euro's and WC 2006. The thing that bugged me the most was Raul's presence back in 2006, it was clear he wasn't needed and his spell at the national team was frustrating and full of fails, he is a symbol of mediocrity in the history of this team. Just as soon as he was dropped, things started to change and even Del Bosque didn't welcome him back, very good move.

Gilberto

I support Argentina because of an old video tape that I used to watch over and over and over again when I was a kid. It was basically a summary of the 1986 world cup (mainy based on argetina) and since I got that tape, I have been a fan. I used to be a big fan of Maradona as well, untill I realised he was a scumbag. My feelings for Argentina became bigger when I discovered messi, during the Youth World Cup 2005 in my country. Messi was the reason I started supporting Barca as well. When I was typing this, I realised I discovered Messi almost 8 years ago.. Life is too damn short..

Edman

I was born and raised in Belgium so I support the red devils. Haven't had much to support for in the past international tournaments, but we're on the rise! Hazard, Courtois, Fellaini, Kompany, Vertonghen, Dembélé, Mirallas, Lukaku, Benteke, De Bruyne, Mertens, Mignolet, etc etc...

Quite an exciting time to be a belgian football fan.

Gilberto

I was born and raised in Belgium so I support the red devils. Haven't had much to support for in the past international tournaments, but we're on the rise! Hazard, Courtois, Fellaini, Kompany, Vertonghen, Dembélé, Mirallas, Lukaku, Benteke, De Bruyne, Mertens, Mignolet, etc etc...

Yeah, great times if you're a belgium supporter. What a squad that is...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I support Sweden first and foremost. After that it depends but I usually like seeing Barca players do well

BlaugranaInTheUSA

You whipped us good last night and that was without Eden and Courtois!! Belgium is absolutely a team to watch in Brazil...

PaulFCB

Banned
The last Romanian National Team worth supporting was the one at the Euro 2000, after that it was apart from a joke of a team, an affair that some club owners have with the coach to use the players for promotion, so extra cash in case someone wants to buy them.
Their all just a bunch of scumbags with no future, maybe some exceptions, but still probably scumbags with gangsters as their agents.

One of them ( there 3 in the family ).

[youtube]XmVenyGF3y4[/youtube]

I'm a gangster.
I'm a gangster because that's how I behave.
I park my car, I tip the guy 50 Euro.
I go to a restaurant, I eat for 200 Euro and I tip the waiter another hundred.
I don't talk to anybody. I don't interact with anybody.
I am Giovanni Becali, the millionaire, the clever boy, the gangster.
How should I respond to any scumbag? When I'm the guy that gets off his Rolls Royce, or how do you call that other car of mine ( thinks ) Rover!
These are just the first 30 seconds, the family owns 99% of the romanian football players, his cousin, owner of steaua, was just sentenced to 3 years in jail for affairs with the state, a case from 1997, he can easily get another 200 if all are decided in time.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I support Argentina on the international level. Never had much sympathy for Spain tbh. If there was any NT who comes second for me it's Italia. And it's just a feeling. Nothing else.

About Catalans and Spain, it's their issue. I've only been interested in such conflicts for a very few times which goes way way back. Don't care anymore tbf.

Home of Barca Fans