Rafael Márquez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Will always remember him fondly from Rijkaard's days. His long passes, elegance and occasional fk golazo.

RMU ReBorn

Greatest CB we had since long long time . In his peak he was better than Puyol . Say's a lot about his skillset and how underrated he was

Neeraj

Was always one of my favorite defenders. He was just very elegant with the ball, and was a no-fuss defender.

Seeing Pique the clown with his off the field shenanigans and Umtiti with his diving theatrics/exaggerations really makes me miss the likes of Puyol and Marquez.

El Flaco

Yaya Touré on his ex-Barca teammate Rafa Márquez: "He is one of the toughest defenders I know. But having not played in England, people don't remember him. Go on YouTube and watch him play, he was 10 times better than Gerard Piqué."

Zidane82

Yaya Touré on his ex-Barca teammate Rafa Márquez: "He is one of the toughest defenders I know. But having not played in England, people don't remember him. Go on YouTube and watch him play, he was 10 times better than Gerard Piqué."

Ya ya was on Sky Sports last night and named Marquez in his best ever eleven !!

khaled_a_d

Rafa Marquez will return to the club next season. He'll become the coach of Juvenil A. [espn]

Valdes experience there didn't end well, but Rafa is better character and leader IMO. Good luck

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rafa Marquez will return to the club next season. He'll become the coach of Juvenil A. [espn]

Valdes experience there didn't end well, but Rafa is better character and leader IMO. Good luck

I loved Rafa the Mexican assassin but what are his credentials to coach the kids? Not sure if I like this.

khaled_a_d

I loved Rafa the Mexican assassin but what are his credentials to coach the kids? Not sure if I like this.

He has his license already and is coaching in 4th division in Spain (my understanding it is a youth team,but not so sure)

We sill see how it works though, if it didn't end well we should stop getting former big name players on youth team (maybe except B team)

Richard.H

I think Rafa is a solid leader and a lot more mature than VV. I think this is a good appointment and he will do well coaching the kids.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has his license already and is coaching in 4th division in Spain (my understanding it is a youth team,but not so sure)

We sill see how it works though, if it didn't end well we should stop getting former big name players on youth team (maybe except B team)

Yeah I believe it is a youth team. Don't know if he's good or not.

Unlike VV he's calm and cool instead of a hothead.

Home of Barca Fans