Rafael Márquez

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Now I know we don't have to worry about him playing for us again I can look back on his good times fondly.
Cross-quoted the fucking legend maz. It's a good expression of my feelings as well.

Though I have to admit, it's a sad moment to see him leave. Certainly after the WC, he did look good there ... It's a bit of a Raul-departure: you know it's time for him to leave the club but you secretly don't want him to.

El Guadiana

Another one bites the dust.... :( Best wishes, Rafa was on of my favourite defenders. I wish i could play like him and pick out those audacious passes from defence with precision. Adios! One less defender for Mr Ronaldo aka Gay Spartacus to worry about

JAMAIN

In my mind he was just as important as Rijkaard, Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Deco. He brought with him a winning mentality when the squad was (at that time) filled with players who were
use to losing.

He may have had some clangers in the past and has weaknesses in his game, but for the most part he was stylish on the ball, a pro's pro and a competitor in defense who had a will to win.
Not many players can as a mercenary and walk into the Barca center of that Barca defence and hold his own. You can't just be a hack or a good defender. You need to be able to defend and pass and read the game and cover and feed the attack and keep possession and play high up the pitch and show composure so on and so forth...Marquez had the virtues to do so. He should be applauded and his quality recognized. We won far more than we lost with him on the pitch.

Beast

The Observer
Sad to see him leave , he suffered a lot i think he wasn't half as bad as cules made him .. he was the true black sheep in post -Frank era
whenever something goes wrong people blame him and turn a blind eye on his team mates and in many cases i witnessed he was the least guilty part but cule's cannot attack or blame Pique or Puyol whatever they do .. he is the one without the catalan identity so he takes the blame .

he should have stayed as a DM/CB .. he is really good and not the time for NY Red bull at all

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's probably for the best but it's still a sad moment. Hopefully he leaves on good terms (no reason he shouldn't) and works for the club in some way someday.

Good luck to Rafa and I hope Fontas and co are more Pique than Oleguer. Also expect to see me at RBNY games from now on.

It's probably for the best but it's still a sad moment. Hopefully he leaves on good terms (no reason he shouldn't) and works for the club in some way someday.

Good luck to Rafa and I hope Fontas and co are more Pique than Oleguer. Also expect to see me at RBNY games from now on.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
8.jpg

Home of Barca Fans