Rafael Márquez

Co0ter

Well Marquez cost us points again today against Osasuna. There are really no excuses to the mistakes he's making. I never thought he was a great defender to begin with- I personally hope his contact doesn't get extended. I rather see Fontas in there getting experience, he can't possibly be more error prone.

C

ChuckaOwns

LOL 'I never thought he was a good defender to begin with'....When in full flow, he is one of the best in the world.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Look on the bright side about today, Rafa was bad again but it was a freakish Pique own goal that cost us 2 points, until then Puyol, Abidal and Pique were all defending well, you can't expect every single one of your defenders to look sharp every day; I mean we are used to playing with attack-first Alves or Maxwell in the back line.

For all major games Puyol and Pique are the obvious first choice. Right now our defense is unfortunately thin and there's nothing we can do now, I'm not liking what I see from Chyga but he needs chances before he's written off as a bust, while Rafa gets time in the Copa and when we have leads to see if his form improves. If neither Rafa or Ukranian Jesus show they can be trusted by the January market, we see if anything can be done, if there's improvements, great. Don't bother with contract negotiations right now because it's a distraction.

It's not like this is 06/07 where a useless Marquez means a Zambrotta--Puyol--Thuram--Oleguer backline, or the revolving door of injuries in 07/08.

Moe

powered by;
Hopefully his contract wont be renewed. How come they are ignoring the fact that Barca has conceded 7 goals so far in the season and the last 5 goals came from Marquez's fuckups.. :2guns: :marquez:

Beast

The Observer
his mistakes have always led to goals.

and as a defender, you should atleast maintain your concentration to avoid such fuckups.

i would have been benched for these mistakes by my team and fuck, i dont have the luxury of earning as much as marquez. it just pisses me off that he could have slide tackled the guy or pulled on his shirt.. to avoid such a thing. no sir, i will let him get past me.

Cause if that foul resulted a goal you wouldn't blame Marquez for giving a foul near the area and u would come here gloating how he single handedly gifted them a goal with this foul? WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE LET THE PLAYER CROSS INSTEAD OF FOULING HIM CAUSE PIQUE WAS THERE TO BLOCK IT ?

yeah right

V

Valon

How about Messi? I blame him for those two points too. But that's just me.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Cause if that foul resulted a goal you wouldn't blame Marquez for giving a foul near the area and u would come here gloating how he single handedly gifted them a goal with this foul? WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE LET THE PLAYER CROSS INSTEAD OF FOULING HIM CAUSE PIQUE WAS THERE TO BLOCK IT ?

yeah right

its the dying seconds.... its not like the middle of the match. waste time. or dont get beaten by the opposition attacker so easily. he turned his back to him, thats how crap that defending was...

watch burno alves explain this better

[youtube]OcBctbyEn_g[/youtube]

barca96

i hope marquez watches that video lol
and finally learns how to tackle
cos he has never been a good tackler of the ball..

Home of Barca Fans