Confederations Cup 2013 - Final: Brazil 3-0 Spain

F

Flavia

Starts on June 15th. I imagine many here will want to watch it for Neymar.

Group matches:

33tqnvb.jpg

Final bracket:

30dc514.jpg

SEvolution

Can anyone please tell the exact criteria to select contestants for this tourney?

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Can anyone please tell the exact criteria to select contestants for this tourney?

Winning the cup competition in their respective federation. Plus Brazil are there since they are hosting the WC 2014. Italy got in because Spain won both the WC 2010 and Euro 2012 (normally it is one spot for WC winner and one for Euro winner but in this case they gave the extra spot to the runner up of the last Euros).

F

Flavia

The host, and the champions of the last WC, euros(spain won both, so Italy got the spot for being 2nd on the euros), copa america, african cup, concacaf cup, asian cup, and oceania nations cup.

P

PhilS

This tournament is huge for the Brazil team. Since they are not in the South American WC qualifying tournament, these are the only competitive games they will get to play before WC 2014.

Yannick03

The host of the WC, the WC, the European Champion (now the finalist : Italy cause Spain is also WC), the African Champion, the Asian Champion, the South-American Champions and North American Champion and the Champion of Oceania (Tahiti since Australia joined Asia in football)

Mr Hulot

Another meaningless tournament( like the club world cup) that is added to the already full schedule of footballers. It's a pity that it will be winter in Brazil, because the players won't be able to combine this tournament with some fine vacations.

F

Frejsgodes

Luckily Argentina is not a part of this tournament, so Messi will get plenty of rest this summer.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They're on the same group. Match is on 22/06. Here in my town, but I failed to get tickets.

Ahh well i look much forward to that then, thanks!

Too bad about your tickets, are you going to any of the games? also the WC coming, you are very spoilt at the minute! :p

F

Flavia

Ahh well i look much forward to that then, thanks!

Too bad about your tickets, are you going to any of the games? also the WC coming, you are very spoilt at the minute! :p

The 3rd place will also be played here, I'm trying to go to this one. My fault I missed the italy-brazil, actually. I forgot to buy the tickets online. When I remembered the scalpers had already gotten them all. I can still get one, but the prices skyrocketed, just ridiculous.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I really hope Cazorla and Benat get some run as Xavi needs to rest.

Would have loved to see Thiago with the La Roja instead of the u21 squad, he could have gained a lot of good experience in this tournament.

Home of Barca Fans