Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calma, calma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hulot View Post
    The final will be between a team that plays double pivot vs a team that plays the Barcelona system. Let's wait to see the outcome.
    What are your thoughts now, Mr. Hulot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I have already told, I found the game an exact replica of our games against Bayern. Spain's players (=Barcelona players) looked slow and unable to handle Brazil's pressure and create chances. Granted our system and approach looks a bit naive nowadays, but I haven't really changed my opinion tactically. I still prefer 4-3-3 than counter attacking football, but it is obvious that the decline of Xavi(inability to translate possession into clear cut chances) and Pique(inability to run and defend set pieces) make us look vulnerable at the back. That is why I think it is imperative to buy Thiago Silva and keep Thiago.

But what are your thoughts? Should we play next year with a Song/Mascherano-Busquets double pivot if we are to succeed? Do you think that if Martinez started instead of Xavi or Mata, the result would have gone in Spains favor?

Calma, calma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A double pivot of Martinez and Busquets would've been a lot more secure defensively. If it means giving up a player like Pedro or Mata, so be it. Without a double pivot, Nigeria and Italy ran through Spain's midfield at ease; let alone Brazil. Brazil could've easily scored 6-7 if their finishing was better and they had slightly better decision making.

Double pivot =/= counter-attacking football. Bayern play with a double pivot and theirs is a balanced possession game. Spain have played with a double pivot for the past 4 years and they are nowhere being a counter-attacking team.

We don't really need to play double pivot per se, but for difficult matches, we could play with 2 strong players in midfield like Pep often did in our away matches for CL knockouts. Yaya-Busquets, Yaya-Keita, Busquets-Keita
    Last edited by footyfan; 7th July 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    A double pivot of Martinez and Busquets would've been a lot more secure defensively. If it means giving up a player like Pedro or Mata, so be it. Without a double pivot, Nigeria and Italy ran through Spain's midfield at ease; let alone Brazil. Brazil could've easily scored 6-7 if their finishing was better and they had slightly better decision making.

Double pivot =/= counter-attacking football. Bayern play with a double pivot and theirs is a balanced possession game. Spain have played with a double pivot for the past 4 years and they are nowhere being a counter-attacking team.

We don't really need to play double pivot per se, but for difficult matches, we could play with 2 strong players in midfield like Pep often did in our away matches for CL knockouts. Yaya-Busquets, Yaya-Keita, Busquets-Keita
    Thats why from now on i would like very much if we had except a box to box player like Schweinsteiger.Toure would be ideal for the moment...that has been shouting from long time ago,Playing with only Busquets and with the weak Xavi and Iniesta we dont have power and help to defend
    Last edited by Meitux; 7th July 2013 at 09:33 PM.

beautifulgame
    to be honest, Song should be able to do that Meitux. that is what should happen away games in CL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post
    !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post
    where do you get all those pics? you post a lot of them