Confederations Cup 2013 - Final: Brazil 3-0 Spain

King Leo

Banned
Everyone that thinks Spain, Italy, and Brasil are boring to watch doesn't have any business with this sport. All teams have plenty to show tactically, technically and competitively.

Perhaps consider watching something you find more entertaining cuz your obviously missing what this sport is about.

amen!

I'm just shaking my head how some don't understand and enjoy these teams and their unique style. Spain like Barca is all about getting their opponent hypnotized until when the right moment comes for a goal to be scored.
Brazil amazingly always finds a way to bring few youngsters put them together and chemistry starts as the tournament goes on. Never underestimate them.

Italy's style emphasis on defense and it's highly tactical. The dirty defensive tricks that they play is what turns me off about them other than that, their really fun to watch.

XaviMessiGirl

Everyone that thinks Spain, Italy, and Brasil are boring to watch doesn't have any business with this sport. All teams have plenty to show tactically, technically and competitively.

Perhaps consider watching something you find more entertaining cuz your obviously missing what this sport is about.

Guess you enjoy sitting on that high horse don't you? It's an opinion, not everyone is going to think the same what is attractive or entertaining to them.

B

beautifulgame

Lol high horse? If you don't find Brasil, Italy and Spain to be entertaining then who is left to compare? Obviously then you prefer a type of entertainment that appeals to something other that football tactics and technique.

XaviMessiGirl

Lol high horse? If you don't find Brasil, Italy and Spain to be entertaining then who is left to compare? Obviously then you prefer a type of entertainment that appeals to something other that football tactics and technique.

Sorry I misread your post, thought you just wrote Spain (meaning tiki taka). Now I look like a douche :lol: still though meh, people are free to think what they want. There are many styles of football, no need to put down others because of what they find entertaining.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think Spain recently are more entertaining than Barca have been this year. Barca are so predictable now honestly

utility73

Spain plays like I wish Barça would still be playing. Spain still has this tactical discipline and still employs this extreme pressing.
Things like these have been neglected at Barça ever more recently.

Richard.H

LOL at people getting so butthurt.

I have a question for all you cules, where is it listed that you need to be a Barca fan AND a Spain fan? This is the most ridiculous thing to come out of this forum.

Barca and Spain are two different teams. One represents the nation of Espana while the other represents a club that is based from the region of Catalunya, yes, the one that fought against Spain and is claiming independence.

So, once again, why do you insist on people HAVING TO LIKE both teams?

Is it because a lot of Barca players play for Spain? Is that really why? I'm not a fan of any individual player on the team. I love the way THE TEAM plays as a whole. I don't stop watching a Barca match because Messi is out/taking a rest. Yes, I have a sig of Busquets but that's because he's heavily underrated and I want him to receive more recognition.

Also, I absolutely all the pseudo-intellectuals in here who act as though they know everything about futbol tactics. Barca and Spain play quite differently. Spain is a more defensive version of Barca, and defense bores me. Also, no, Barca at its peak times in the Guardiola era never played like Spain. Barca was all about possession for offense and creating as many chances as possible. Spanish possession is more about driving the opponent crazy until they get tired and finally the defense breaks down. Possession futbol can take on multiple forms. It's not static FFS...

I'm a spectator, I watch internationals to be entertained. I'm a fan of Barca, not of Spain.

P.S. I find Brazil and Italy to be FAR more entertaining teams to watch. I love the speedy counter attacks of both teams and the flare of Brazil. Uruguay and Spain though, no thanks.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

The notion among some Barca fans that there is only one type of good football & everyone else must not know what they're talking about/has no business watching the sport does border on arrogant. If someone prefers counterattacking, defensive football, or kick & rush or whatever else, so what? They just have different tastes to you. Doesn't make it wrong.

Galning

I have a question for all you cules, where is it listed that you need to be a Barca fan AND a Spain fan? This is the most ridiculous thing to come out of this forum.

If anything, 95% (if not more) of the local Barcelona supporters don't support Spain at all.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I find spain generally very dull, especially with the false 9. The recent game against Uruguay without the double pivot + a proper #9 was very entertaining. Xavi & in particular Iniesta turned it on.

I will always find Italy the best to watch, for the variant of styles they can play & great tactical awareness. + usually excellent defenders. De Sciglio will carry on this great tradition for the future.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

If anything, 95% (if not more) of the local Barcelona supporters don't support Spain at all.

Yeah exactly, I mean I follow Spain because of our players & that's my choice. I'm not Catalan & so not invested as much in the politics (I care to an extent & would probably support Catalunya instead if their NT was allowed to play in tournaments, but I'm not staunchly anti-Spain).

But the idea (probably mostly by foreign fans) that you have to like Spain or you don't know football...a lot of local fans would be offended by that. Even if it's just from an aesthetic sense.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Spain; Valdés; Arbeloa, Pique, Ramos, Alba; Busquets; Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Pedro; Soldado.

Nigeria; Enyeama, Oboabona, Echiejile, Ambrose, Musa, Ideye, Akpala, Obi Mikel, Ogude, Mba, Omeruo

Last edited:

Meitux

Yeah exactly, I mean I follow Spain because of our players & that's my choice. I'm not Catalan & so not invested as much in the politics (I care to an extent & would probably support Catalunya instead if their NT was allowed to play in tournaments, but I'm not staunchly anti-Spain).

But the idea (probably mostly by foreign fans) that you have to like Spain or you don't know football...a lot of local fans would be offended by that. Even if it's just from an aesthetic sense.
The fact is that someone is getting in the idea of supporting Spain because there are many barca players in in,but i like them as a team but i like Brazil and other teams too,meaning that if its a final between Spain and another team i like, i wouldn't want tottaly for Spain to win it..

Home of Barca Fans