3. Thiago Silva 40M
4. Lucas 35M
5. Neymar 50M
6. Vertonghen 19M
TOTAL: 171.5M

Promote:
1. Deulofeu
2. Sergi Roberto

Remaining budget: 4M, which can be used to reduce debt and increase wages for some high-profile youngsters like Deulofeu, Thiago, Samper, Tello etc.
I know it's WAY too much to change in a summer, but my ideal team would look something like that. Might change Neymar for Hazard, but from other points of view it is a wise decision to get Neymar.

240513214508.png

Can make a second team that looks different with maybe Messi on the wing, having him behind a striker or still having Pique, not having Neymar. But meh, liked doing this but will go to bed now :lol:

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Maybe it's a bit too much to sell Pique, could of course always keep him and sell someone worth 6M so the budget evens out. Anyway, all comments are appreciated, love to hear what you guys got to say :)

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
This team has the same problem for me quite a few others have, where's the chemistry, where's the knowledge of each other, I have a feeling this team looks too much like a City or a PSG... Removing more than half of the current first team, having more new players in the starting XI than old ones... What happens if they flop?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Chemistry is something that comes with playing together. What you can of course always doubt is a player's motivation. Neymar may be a risk, maybe even Lucas. But all other players in this team I have no doubt about their motivation. Vertonghen is a very down to earth guy, the fact that Thiago Silva is captain at PSG in his first year also says a lot.

To be honest I looked at who I believe are among the best in the world at their positions mostly, that's why I chose Lloris > Ter Stegen, although the latter may be more easy to get. But I did look at whether a player can ever fit at Barca, for that matter I would NEVER get Suarez or someone like that in my team. I really believe all of these players could adapt and be what we need. But the need for some is higher than for others. It is in my eyes a team you should be able to build, and not like PSG buy in one year. 2/3 players this season, maybe 2 more next season. That way you don't mix it up too much and give all players time to adapt.

What if they fail? CB's are the most dangerous in this situation, that's why I mentioned Pique maybe staying to back them up. Puyol will be probably retiring after next season or so, but will not get much playing time. So if Vertonghen/Silva would get injured, in the first case we have Puyol and Bartra, otherwise you can add Pique. For the other positions; Adriano/Montoya as backups for Piszczek, Pinto as backup for Lloris, Alexis/Deulofeu as backup for Lucas and Tello as backup for Neymar. I don't see us getting worse off than we are now by changing our team and buying these players.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Edited, saw I did not sell Afellay so I decided to keep Pique and have a remaining surplus of 4M instead of 31M. This secures us of 3 top CB's while maintaining the budget at a surplus.

Andrew M

30 million for Pedro? That is insane. You have got very unrealistic transfer fees.

Out:
1. Victor Valdes 12M
2. Mascherano 26M - More like 15
3. David Villa 18M - 12-14
4. Jonathan dos Santos 3.5M
5. Dani Alves 26M 10-15 at best
6. Pedro 30M :lol:
7. Afellay 10M injury prone = 5 mill
7. 50M transfer budget

In:
1. Lloris 15M - Spurs signed him for 10 + 5 so why sell for only 15?
2. Piszczek 12.5M
3. Thiago Silva 40M
4. Lucas 35M - They just bought him for that amount. Why sell for same figure. No point
5. Neymar 50M
6. Vertonghen 19M
TOTAL: 171.5M

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I was under the understanding that we used prices from transfermarkt.co.uk, don't we? If not, this is all ridiculous. We can just make up our own prices then? Screw that then, not going to do that.

And yeah, Barca players are highly overpriced there, I know.

PS: Saw that some prices were updated in the 'player values thread', David Villa and Pedro in my case. Well tbh it was fun doing this, but not going to put any more time and effort in it :p Have more important things to do these weeks (university finals coming up!), sorry!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans