Kevin De Bruyne

Yannik

To think "the special one" sold him for peanuts once.

Well I mean, still €22m. For his CV at that time it wasn't cheap. In hindsight it was. But you gotta ask yourself why Wolfsburg could see all the potential, while Mourinho who saw him everyday complained about him "not fitting the system". It's not like a player can immediately fit in, when you only gave him 300 minutes all season.

BarçaBarça

Extended his contract until 2023, yesterday.

One of the main reasons behind Citys success is that Pep utilizes his full talent. Peak Iniesta-level, tbh.

BenRobbins

Nowhere near peak Iniesta. He has been phenomenal so far this season but its his first truly world class season. Iniesta is an all time great.

Mitchell1978

Extended his contract until 2023, yesterday.

One of the main reasons behind Citys success is that Pep utilizes his full talent. Peak Iniesta-level, tbh.

Difficult to compare but this for shure isn't his first world class season, he has been great for years, was also great in the Bundesliga, was voted the best played there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People shouldn't even mention him in same sentence with one of the all time greatest midfielder Iniesta.

khaled_a_d

Won't go a far as "should never be mentioned" as this was same argument used against half of our legends, but it takes time and consistency to earn that comparison
KDB whas been good (or very good) for few years but reached that great level only this year, so I would say he still need few seasons of that

BarçaBarça

His level rewards the comparison with Iniestas level, maybe not peak-Iniesta = peak-De Bruyne, but his peak-level is among players like him. And not in the way that he is a legend in the same way as Iniesta, not close, (I know he isn't redefining football and consistently push the barrier for 'world class' throughout his career) but in that his performances is at a level right now, that one could fairly say he is underestimated. He is twice the player than Pogba, who is so hyped, and performs at least as well as Neymar, but not many talks as much about him, and his level.

BenRobbins

His level rewards the comparison with Iniestas level, maybe not peak-Iniesta = peak-De Bruyne, but his peak-level is among players like him. And not in the way that he is a legend in the same way as Iniesta, not close, (I know he isn't redefining football and consistently push the barrier for 'world class' throughout his career) but in that his performances is at a level right now, that one could fairly say he is underestimated. He is twice the player than Pogba, who is so hyped, and performs at least as well as Neymar, but not many talks as much about him, and his level.

KDB has had half a season being world class all he has achieved is Buli player of the year? Who cares mhkitaryan won that lool, Pogba bossed it for years at Juve, 3 Scudetos ,CL Final etc Taking a dig at a United player because i disagreed with you. Grow up.

He plays in a better team and is playing very well but to say he is twice the player of pogba is stupid. Peak Iniesta, thats ridiculous :lol: He was annonymous against liverpool, lets wait till its more important than doing it against cannon fodder in the PL. See how he is doing against Real, Barca, PSG in the business end of the season etc

Martindn

Twice the player :lol: Pogba has been injured for nearly half the season and is still putting up similar numbers in almost half the games while playing in a reserved holding midfielder role in a SHITE team while KDB is in one of the best attacking sides in Europe. Seriously thats hilarious, almost as much as comparing him with Iniesta

Devils

He's world class.

But the technical ability of peak Iniesta was simply demonic. Doubt KDB will ever reach a level like tha .

Mitchell1978

Twice the player :lol: Pogba has been injured for nearly half the season and is still putting up similar numbers in almost half the games while playing in a reserved holding midfielder role in a SHITE team while KDB is in one of the best attacking sides in Europe. Seriously thats hilarious, almost as much as comparing him with Iniesta

KDB has been the best player in the PL this season, and stats don't really do him justice as he contributes to a lot of goals without appearing on the statsheet (pre-assists and so on).

BenRobbins

His delivery and all round play is excellent and he has adopted to his new number 8 role with Silva unbelievably but i am curious how Citys midfield 3 stack up against Barca's/ and Casimero/Kroos/Modric. I guess Gundogan would be drafted in for one of the forwards and KDB/Silva pushed out wide.

Home of Barca Fans