Kevin De Bruyne

De Bruyne creates chances at will.

Since when does creating chances = linking up well with others. Next you'll tell me Ronaldo is creative because of his high assist numbers.

He's a brilliant crosser of the ball and creates chances but he doesn't link up well with others. Which is why he's yet to form partnerships with Hazard for the NT or with Kun, Silva for City. All players who thrive on 1 touch play, 1-2's & pass & move.

Yannik

I'm nor sure what "links up well" is supposed to mean in this context. KDB makes other forwards play better, is that good enough? Wolfsburg had a €25m offer from England on their table, for bloody Bas Dost after his season with De Bruyne. Was that a "nice link up with one touch, 1-2s and fancy skills" ? No, Bas Dost molests the ball just as he always did, but he scored like Ronado from those passes and it did help Wolfsburg a lot. Iheanacho also already scoring at Aguero rate. De Bruyne makes it rain, like a good att mid should.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Aguero is the worst example for someone who links up well and plays 1-2s. The guy basically hogs the ball and tries to do everything himself.

Ritchie

Since when does creating chances = linking up well with others. Next you'll tell me Ronaldo is creative because of his high assist numbers.

He's a brilliant crosser of the ball and creates chances but he doesn't link up well with others. Which is why he's yet to form partnerships with Hazard for the NT or with Kun, Silva for City. All players who thrive on 1 touch play, 1-2's & pass & move.

Ronaldo these days gets assists in the box from someone else's work or a long shot that gets deflected in. De Bruyne will run with the ball, take players out the game and then find a team mate (Messi is the best at doing this). He creates all different types of chances. He might not be as elegant as Iniesta but what's Iniesta's output these days anyway? Very rarely scores, not many assists and it takes Messi to drop deep to actually create anything.

MSN would love De Bruyne behind them.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Ronaldo these days gets assists in the box from someone else's work or a long shot that gets deflected in. De Bruyne will run with the ball, take players out the game and then find a team mate (Messi is the best at doing this). He creates all different types of chances. He might not be as elegant as Iniesta but what's Iniesta's output these days anyway? Very rarely scores, not many assists and it takes Messi to drop deep to actually create anything.

MSN would love De Bruyne behind them.

have you watched Iniesta live? He absolutely and totally controls the game. It doesn't matter if he doesn't score or assist. He absolutely dictates the flow a game. Please watch him live if you ever get the chance and you'll come back with a totally new and different appreciation of him.

Yannik

iniesta and KDB can easily coexist in midfield, there's no need to choose between them. Pep also fields players such as Silva/Gündogan together with De Bruyne.

BarçaBarça

He is out for month, and will miss the game against us. Huge blow for them, and in fairness it is always a bit sad when exciting players like him don't play.
But it will definitely increase our chances of success, it will be much harder for them to score :pique:

Hatem Ben Arfa

I have a feeling he might be a big game choker in this competition. Did nothing apart from that one shot and looked scared like he did vs Real last season

PhilS

I felt sorry for De Bruyne yesterday. He's beat his man, like usual, then look around for his missing teammates. He deserves a better team. His error was incredibly costly.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thought he was decent yesterday, but had absolutely no support. No way he choked.

Home of Barca Fans