Question: what's typically British?

Galning

I have to write a short essay on something that's typically British in either sport, food or music. Of course, I've picked sports (football :p) but now I am looking for examples. So far I've thought of kick-and-rush & the fact that supporters are sitting close to the pitch.
So I was wondering if you guys could help me to come up with some more things. It doesn't have to be limited to the Premier League btw, it can be any league from any British country.

Cheers! :beer2:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Can't think of that many things that are typically British in sports as there's been a lot of cultural exchange during the last decade or so. Also typically British sports are played in many colonies.

Jenks

Pies at half time is probably the obvious one. Not sure that's a 'thing' on the continent. For distinct sporting culture though, you'd probably be better of researching Cricket.

Kerrybai

I guess you could include pub culture. Many fans will go to the pub before and after the game, I'm not sure this is as common on the Continent? An aqaintence of mine runs a bar in Amsterdam and during the Europa league final he said that the his bar ( and other bars ) were jammed with Chelsea fans but the Benfica fans were no where to be seen. Instead they were out on the streets so I guess they have a different way of enjoying football pre game and post game.

As Xavi King pointed out English fans tend to abuse/mock the opposing players a lot, again I'm not sure if this is the same on the continent as I can never understand the chants.

Here is a good example :lol:

Galning

That's true, media bashing and fans singing crap about the other team happens in other countries as well. Please remember that it's not only about England but other British countries too!

Home of Barca Fans