Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunny's Barca

25 man squad:

Goalkeepers: Riena, Pinto, Olazabal
    Defenders: Pique, Hummels, Muniesa, Puyol, Mathieu, Bartra, Alba, Montoya
    Midfielders: Busquets, Mascherano, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago, Rafinha, R.Sanchez, Fellaini
    Forwards: Messi, Tello, Deulofeu, Neymar, Pedro

Transfer budget: 50 million Euros

Players bought: Reina 10m, Hummels 24m, Neymar 40m, Mathieu 9m, Fellaini 28m = 111m
    Players out: Valdes 12m, Villa 12m, Cuenca 5m, Bojan 13m, Afellay 5m, JDS 5m, Abidal 1m, Song 22m, Adriano 15m, Alexis 25m = 115m

Balance remaining: 4 million Euros

Short description:

I am sticking to what we know best and that is a fluid 4-3-3. Riena is a done deal to start with. Abidal and Adriano are most likely out of the squad for next season so I am bringing in Mathieu as cover for Alba and Montoya can cover for Alves and Alba if need be.
    Hummels and Pique would be my first choice CB pairing, with Puyi, Bartra and Munesia as cover. Mascherano is to be moved back to DM as Song is out. Busquets to remain as the first choice though.
    Fellaini to be added to give us that much needed box-to-box type that we have missed and to give us some aerial prescence.
    With Alexis and Villa out, Neymar to come in. Giving us a front 3 of Neymar-Messi-Pedro/Deulofeu/Tello.
    Solid team with plenty of options and keeping La Masia involved.
    Last edited by Poor_Sunyol; 15th May 2013 at 08:13 AM.

"Impavido Pectore"

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Pique+Hummels would be a disaster but then again anything could prove better than what we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is R.Sanchez in midfield?

In Lucho we trust!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry it was meant to be Sergi Roberto. Typo.

In Lucho we trust!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    I think Pique+Hummels would be a disaster but then again anything could prove better than what we have now.
    Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor_Sunyol View Post
    Why?
    Because they are the same defender practically. Hummels is in form while Pique is not. But style wise Hummels is playing like Pique did from 08-11

We need a Puyol, Subotic, Vidic, Kompany type of defender to partner Pique. 2 preferably since Bartra is a shorter/faster Pique type of defender; technically sound, good on the ball, likes to bring the ball from the back even sometimes roaming into the opponents half.
    Last edited by Barca8; 14th May 2013 at 10:31 PM.

In Lucho we trust!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with your assessment of Pique. How is he different from Vidic, Kompany and Subotic apart from being better on the ball?

"Impavido Pectore"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is he different from Vidic, Kompany and Subotic apart from being better on the ball?
    He can't defend?

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think that this team is a weaker version than what it was before. I mean Neymar is a big gamble and this formation depends on him a lot. Then there is the ever aging Xavi who cannot press anymore, and Alba's weakness in the back combined with Pique's loss of form. I always thought your team would perfect the diamond. Drop Pedro for a hard technical player and have Alba and Alves run the flanks down.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mathieu? Sunny, really? This can be dodgy.
    People are boring.

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why we'd go for Fellaini

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deco 20 View Post
    I don't understand why we'd go for Fellaini
    He is a strong player with clutch goals and wins all aerial balls. He is good technically. I like him.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is this Riena guy? I sure hope you don't mean Reina. Ter stegen all the way.

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with your assessment of Pique. How is he different from Vidic, Kompany and Subotic apart from being better on the ball?
    He runs back when positioning to cut off passing options, intercept, etc. as opposed to running up to put pressure, tackling, etc. Sweeper vs Stopper
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

In Lucho we trust!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raed View Post
    I just think that this team is a weaker version than what it was before. I mean Neymar is a big gamble and this formation depends on him a lot. Then there is the ever aging Xavi who cannot press anymore, and Alba's weakness in the back combined with Pique's loss of form. I always thought your team would perfect the diamond. Drop Pedro for a hard technical player and have Alba and Alves run the flanks down.
    I wouldn't say that Xavi is past it by any means. He was a little jaded by the end of this year but that was because of the lack of rotation due to the managerial changes that were forced upon us. Pique wasn't at his best, but he rallied at the end of the season and the experience this year will hold him in good stead going forward. He was used to having Puyi next to him that helped his concentration and he didn't have that this year. On his day Pique is one of the best defenders in the world and he was probably our best player in the last few games. Alba is a problem as I said when we wanted to buy him because we can't play both Alves and Alba together, but we also have to be realistic and understand that Tito is going to continue with that system for the foreseeable future. I have tried to put together a squad that is likely to be a reality, not an FM style big who you want rubbish. (MY ENTER KEY STILL DOES NOT WORK ON THIS FORUM....GRRRR I GIVE UP.

"Impavido Pectore"