Bib's Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

BibB

abELKE0acq.jpg

My primary tactic but would roles,squad and formation would change depending on the circumstances.
We would mainly play attacking rather than possession football unless playing against weaker sides. We would also defend as a unit whether through pressing or leaning to defend from the midfield and have the defence play deep on occasion. Alves and Alba would support the midfield rather than the flanks.
Messi would primarily play in midfield as playmaker feeding villa and falcao in an attempt to combat the messi dependency but would be used as false 9 on occasion.
Heavy squad rotation would be used to keep the squad fresh in terms of motivation and ideas and also develop the youngsters. As a result no player would be a guaranteed starter in my squad.

BACK UPs:
Pinto GK
Reina GK
Montoya RB / LB
Bartra CB
Puyol CB / RB / LB
Toure DM/CM/CB
Thiago CM/AM
Fabregas CM/AM
Sanchez RF/LF/CF
Deulofeu RF/LF
Bojan RF / LF / CF

INs:
Falcao €60m
Reina €10m
Yaya Toure €36m
Deulofeu (Promoted)
Bojan (Return)

OUTS:
Xavi (Retired/Assistant Manager)
Abidal (Retired)
Cuenca (Loan)
Song €22m
Afellay €10m
Dos Santos €3.5m
Tello €10m
Adriano €15m

EDIT: adding Rafinha, Roberto and Muniesa to meet 25 man requirement.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I do like Falcao but moving the best goalscorer in history to midfield doesn't seem right.

BibB

I do like Falcao but moving the best goalscorer in history to midfield doesn't seem right.
I understand your concerns, false 9 Messi is my plan B. I was sitting thinking what our current Barca's plan B could be and it hit me that we could make our plan A our plan B and develop a new plan A.
With Messi in midfield I believe that he would still score admittedly not as many but the difference would be recouped through the amount of assists to the forwards which he hinted himself that he likes to have ahead of him.

BibB

Is it not a max of 25? I dont want a big squad. If it has to be 25 then ill promote Rafinha, Roberto and Muniesa problem solved

mixer

Reina? Toure? Really?

Pedro in starting XI? Tello out? Song out? Adriano out?

No changes in defense?

It is incomprehensible to me.

BibB

Ive always liked Reina and Yaya is a versatile powerhouse.
Pedro wouldnt be used as a winger in my system so he would be closer to the goal.
The defence doesnt need changed just the way we defend.
As for Tello I believe he's playing for a move, Ive never rated Song since his Arsenal days and I suspect we bought him because PSG were interested and we wanted to cash in. Adriano case is basically I feel he's injuy prone and we would be wise to cash in on him although I do rate him as a player

BibB

Xavi is nowhere near retirement yet. I don't know what is the logic behind such a decision...
I disagree. Have may still contribite to build up and attacking but IMO he's slipping defensively due to his body slowing and since there are plenty of quality midfielders in the squad I feel he should make way. Ideally I would retire Puyi too but can think of a viable replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans