Muttu's Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muttu

2013/2014:

Transfer Budget: €50,000,000
Players sold: Valdés (12m), Villa (12m), Alexis (20m), Afellay (8m), Dani Alves (26m), Fontás (2,5m), JDS (3,5m), Adriano (15m).
Players loaned: Cuenca, Sergi Roberto, Kerrision.
Promoted players: Rafinha, Deulofeu.
Total Budget: €149,000,000

Players in:

Neymar (As it seems like a done deal, 40m)
Łukasz Piszczek (11m)
Eliaquim Mangala (20m)
Robert Lewandowski (30m)
Marquinhos (20m)
Courtois (20m)

=

€141m. (It is virtual manager, after all :))

2013/2014 Squad:

Goalkeepers:
1. Courtois
2. Pinto
3. Olazabal

Defenders:
4. Piqué (CB)
5. Puyol (CB)
6. Marquinhos (CB)
7. Mangala (CB/LB)
8. Piszczek (RB)
9. Alba (LB)
10. Montoya (RB/LB)
11. Bartra (CB)
12. Mascherano (CB/CDM)

Midfielders:
13. Xavi
14. Iniesta
15. Busquets
16. Fabregas
17: Thiago
18: Song
19. Rafinha

Forwards
20. Messi
21. Neymar
22. Lewandowski
23. Pedro
24. Tello
25. Deulofeu

Lineups:

710768_FC_Barcelona.jpg
710774_FC_Barcelona.jpg
710777_FC_Barcelona.jpg
710780_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Just to show the variety, you get the idea. :)

The arrival of Mangala and Lewandowski will give us a much needed aerial boost, both in defense and attack. Aswell as Courtois' height to grab crosses etc.
Mangala and Marquinhos will offer us speed in the back, to deal with counterattacks.
One of our defensive problems this year has been our 2 extremely offensive fullbacks, but now we have Piszczek and Montoya at RB, who both are way more defensive minded than Alves, and still able going forward. Mangala will offer an option for defensive LB aswell if needed, just like Abidal. (whom by the way, will be a part of our coaching team or something similiar). Much more balance in defense and alot of options.

The midfield basicly remains the same, just with way more rotation. Fabregas is gonna get a bigger role in Xavi's place.

The attack is gonna have way more variety than previous. We got our much needed 9', in Lewandowski (Ideally i wanted Cavani, but he would be too expensive for my budget). When we play Lewandowski, we either play a 4-3-3 with Messi on the wing or we play 3-3-3-1'ish with a 3 man defense, like in picture nr 1.
He would provide Messi alot of space, occupying defenders while also being our target man in the box.
Neymar would hopefully bring us creativity, pace and threat running behind defenders. Lots of rotation in attack aswell, Neymar being able to play Messi's false 9 role, winger and front attacker. Tello, Pedro, Deulofeu and Neymar on the wings.

I guess that was it :>.

Last edited:

Muttu

With this squad we have several goalscorers, so we need a hardworker. It was either Alexis or Pedro to go. Based on recent performances it might should've been Alexis to stay, but i went for Pedro.
I like Mascherano. He might have been abit error prone, especially this season, but i think he's great to have in the team. He's a fighter, and could prove very valueable for us, when he's not 1st choice CB aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans