Edward's Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ok here is my virtual Barca manager.

I have been tasked with retaining La Liga and winning the CL for the 2013/14 season. I have a £50m budget plus player sales.

I also inform Mr. Rossell that I will not be needing Neymar. Neymar is then sold to PSG.

I evaluate my squad and the following players are sold:-

Valdes:- £10m to Milan

Alves:- P/X deal

Pique:- £20m to Man City.

Sanchez:- £17m to Juventus

Villa:- £10m to Arsenal

Abidal – retired

Bojan – released

Hence I now have £107m

As part of the Alves deal to PSG I get Sirigu in return.

I decide to revamp my defence completely. I believe the defence needs balance upmost and firstmost before abilities of individuals. So I sell Alves and Pique.

I think Pizczek would bring better balance to the flanks so I decide to sign him for £12m.

I now have £95m to spend.

I need two central defenders. I target Howedes and Papadopoulous both from Schalke. Not only is that already a partnership they both bring different abilities ot the table and help my balance of the defence. Schalke don’t want to lose both, however I over compensate them buy paying £20m for each of them.

I now have £55m to spend.

I believe the midfield does not need to be reinforcement – especially with my tactics.

So I have £55m to get two striker. I decide to offer £45m for Suarez which is accepted. I then offter Fulham £7m for Berbatov.

So my squad is complete:-

GK:- Sirigu, Pinto, Olazabal

RB:- Piszczek, Montoya

LB:- Alba, Adriano

CB:- Puyol, Bartra, Papadopoulos, Howedes, Mascherano

CM:- Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Song, Thiago, Sergio, Dos Santos

FD:- Messi, Pedro, Tello, Suarez, Berbatov, Deulofeu

My tactics have changed and my first XI is thus:-

------------------------------------Sirigu-----------------------------------

----Piszczek-----------Howedes---------Puyol---------------Alba--------

---------------------------Xavi-------------Busquets----------------------

-----------Messi----------------Fabregas--------------Iniesta------------

----------------------------------Suarez-------------------------------------

I am playing 4-2-3-1 this allows me to rotate the midfield with the likes of Song, JM, Dos Santos even Papadopoulos can play there.

In defence Montoya and Pisczek will compete for that spot. If Puyol is fit I’d still play him his experience is crucial. Papadopoulos will eventually replace him. Plus Bartra as my youngster in that position. Which is why I ‘d keep Adriano. He has experience and would offer his knowledge to the squad – which is important with Abidal not there anymore. Alba is obviously No.1 but Adriano can fill in there.

As for the 3 in attack. I am moving Messi to the right side of attack as that thing again BALANCE is a key issue and I believe there’d be more balance in the team with Messi there. Fabregas as the AM is a natural fit. He is a world class AM. Iniesta on the left too. I then have depth with the likes of Thiago, JDS, Pedro, Deulofeu.

Up front in Suarez. Obviously Messi can play in that position if necessary. Hell Suarez can play on the right or left so it is all inter changeable. Berbatov would be a squad player but would provide some class in depth.

So there you have it!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Budget is 50 million euros btw.

I do like Suarez but looking at that midfield it looks too slow for me. We're having same problem now when we lose the ball. It's either players get caught far up or don't have the pace to track back.

BigBarcaBoy

Howedes is a very poor defender, Pique will not be sold however badly he plays and Neymar is coming whether we like it or not.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It looks like Liverpool.

While Sanchez is valued at 17 million pounds, Juventus will not be buying him for that much. Puyol is finished and if you are relying on him then your season is doomed before it begins. And then there is the issue with Iniesta playing as LW which has been an epic failure, as well as Messi's refusal to play on the wing ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans