Django Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Transfer budget: €50,000,000
Players sold: Valdes (12m), Pedro (15m), Bojan (0), JdS (3.5m), Afellay (10m), Fontas (2.5m), Cuenca (4m), Keirrison (0.75m) - €97.750,000
Players bought: Thiago Silva (40m), Inigo (15m), Stekelenburg (15m), Klose (3.5m) - €63.500,000
Players promoted: Deulofeu, S Roberto

Balance - €34,250,000 (Hope i got my maths right, i used to be top of the class :xavi:)

Team:

120513130007.png

Description:

It'd be more 4-3-1-2 with Busquets pushed a little further up & Iniesta can move a little forward. Messi gets the freedom in this side to go wherever he pleases, Villa drifts out the left & Klose is my box CF, who makes smart runs & is a crafty little fucker. Alves & Alba hug the touchlines to keep the width at all times & it doesn't render going wide & putting crosses in as you have a reference point in klose at CF & David Villa who isn't the worst in the box, you can also have Messi running into the box for short crosses. The play is narrow, so with the midfield three should have no problem controlling games, you can also make better use of cesc in this formation.

Formation2:

120513130817.png

For a little more control in midfield, perhaps tough away games in the CL. Thiago can also fit this spot as an AM & Mascherano/Song can play in this team in there best positions CM. Messi being the best player, gets to roam wherever he likes to cause havoc. Villa has great movement in and around the box, Cesc will find him as it's his best strength and he has goals in him.

Ode to Django

Klose is a diamond, you could say it's short term, but he'll never lose that brain. 2-3 years left in him at least. Couldn't think of many great available goalkeepers but i wouldn't want someone who is very young with huge pressure around him, Stekelenburg is an excellent shot stopper.

Irish_Cules

I was considering Klose myself, but I wasn't sure if he'd leave Lazio to return to a bench role this late in his career when he'd surely want to be playing regularly. He'd be the perfect back up striker if he did come though.

Also, do you not see Messi and Cesc getting in each others way with both of them playing that narrow?

Ode to Django

Messi would get the freedom so i would persume he'd drift more right a little out the way, Cesc as more of a SS, with Messi dropping of as he usually does, more of an AM. They'd both be smart enough not to get in each others way.

Irish_Cules

Messi would get the freedom so i would persume he'd drift more right a little out the way, Cesc as more of a SS, with Messi dropping of as he usually does, more of an AM. They'd both be smart enough not to get in each others way.

Ah right. So the front line functions in a similar way to my one or the way Argentina's does?

Looks like I missed formation 1 first time around. :lol: I suppose the only concern would be lack of width but I suppose the full backs and forwards pulling wide would provide this.

Ode to Django

I don't watch Argentina so i couldn't say. The idea is Messi would have options on when he runs at people with great movement infront of him, I don't feel you need wingers particularly. Alba/Alves is more than enough to keep width.

Nice, but I'd use more of the budget. For instance, you can go for someone like Suarez over Klose, or (since you're saying an experienced keeper would be the way to go) someone like Handanovic or Lloris over Stekelenburg.

Irish_Cules

Ode to Django

Nice, but I'd use more of the budget. For instance, you can go for someone like Suarez over Klose, or (since you're saying an experienced keeper would be the way to go) someone like Handanovic or Lloris over Stekelenburg.

I want a box CF, Suarez isn't that. Klose is also an aerial threat (unlike Ibrahimovic) so going wide wouldn't be a waste. Klose will always attack the ball. To be fair i rushed it a little, Handanovic would probably be a better option, but Stekelenburg is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans