Txiki-Laporta Era

shadows

Since Laporta's tenure will be up next season , why dont we have a talk on the 3 best signings he has ever made during his tenure , the worst signing, the most and least memorable moment during his tenure..

Warik

3 Best signings (mine will probably be quite controversial, but here goes)

1) Ronaldinho
2) Eto'o
3) Marquez

Honourable mentions to Deco, Yaya, Alves, Henry.

Worst signing? Edmilson. He never reached his best with us.

Most memorable moment: CL victory in Paris

Least memorable moment: Losing 4-1 to Madrid in the Bernabeu last season.

shadows

3 Best signings (mine will probably be quite controversial, but here goes)

1) Ronaldinho
2) Eto'o
3) Marquez

Honourable mentions to Deco, Yaya, Alves, Henry.

Most memorable moment: CL victory in Paris

Least memorable moment: Losing 4-1 to Madrid in the Bernabeu last season.

you forgot the 0-3 thrashing of Real at the berneabeu..the Most Memorable moment for me..Tough to call between that one and Paris for me!!

Zqa-

Signings:
Dinho, Eto'o, Henke Larsson and Alves.
Frank Rijkaard as coach.

Moment:
Winning the Champions League in Paris.

Worst signings:
Tuff'.. Maxi Lopez..

Crap times:
When he handed the title to Madrid in 2006-2007.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah.. there can be only 1

Signings:
Ronaldinho (All Sandro Rosell, no Txiki)
Eto
Marquez

Worst signings: (The price factor affected all choices)
Hleb
Zambrotta
Milito

Best moment:
Champions league final (Eto`s goal)

Worst memory:
Guard of honor

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
Signings:
Ronaldinho (All Sandro Rosell, no Txiki)
Eto'o
Marquez

Worst signings: (The price factor affected all choices)
Maxi Lopez
Hleb

Best moment:
0-3 at Burna

Worst memory:
Losing to RM

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Best signings:

1) Eto'o: At the time when there was talk about Ruud, Trezegue, Henry, Sheva, and a host of good strikers, most were surprised to see Laporta's fierce pursuit of Sami. For one he was a striker playing for modest Mallorca, plus he was 50% owned by Madrid. So why the headache? We all know how that turned out eh.
2) Rijkaard
3) Guardiola

Ronaldinho was a HUGE signing but I went with those 3 because they exceeded all expectations which was a testament to Laporta & CO vision and prudence.

beef-supreme

Best signings:

1. Ronaldinho - Became an icon, and did wonders for the club
2. Rijkaard - From relative inexperience and lack of success, to history-making
3. Yaya - A delightful change from some terribly hit-and-miss signings, brought all-important solidity and it would have been so much worse without him

Worst signings:

1. Maxi Lopez - Should really be the best signing, for comic-relief value
2. Zambrotta - Personally, very much a symbol of the downfall, brings me bad memories and nightmares
3. Hleb - Maybe still too early to judge, but...

Best Moment: Champions League win in Paris

Worst Moment: For the first time being ashamed to be a Barca fan with the Bunyodkor fiasco

Beast

The Observer
from "another perspective "

1) Ronaldinho (Rosell work no doubt, came by luck after we took Becks off his hand )
2) Rijkaard- brought back the old Barca
3) Pep.. i doubted him so did so many , proved a genius move

Honourable mentions to E2 , Alves

Worst signing?
Maxi Lopez, Hleb,Caceres

Most memorable moment: CL victory in Paris no doubt for a club as big as Barca this top of the line trophy is quite rare and as a Madridistas life start & ends with the CL
i would put an honorable mention to Laporta for coming down during the 4-1 defeat last year and slamming the entire team for trying to work their way of the guard of honor by wearing white shirts in support of the Injured Milito .. as much as i didn't like Laporta for many political moves i really respected him for doing the honorable thing ..

Least memorable moment: there is plenty of faux pas incidents for Laporta during his era from taking his pants down in the airport to the Uzbak deal..etc but it had to be the guard of honor .. it's quite a rare feature and i think it's the reason you are were you are this season..

maz

I walk the line
Best signings:

ronaldinho - really its hard to say otherwise. Some chose other signings because they werent expected to perform so well, but in my opinion it is the big moves that defines a president/owner. This move paid off and ronaldinho is without a doubt the iconic player of the rijkaard era.

eto'o - the player that became our talisman in the centre forward position. Was in my opinion the best striker in the world at his peak. Almost won the pichichi (if it wasnt for forlán) but came back next season to win it.

rijkaard - sticking with rijkaard when most people wanted him out was such an important move in our history. Had he bowed down to pressure and let him go im pretty sure we wouldnt be where we are today.

best moment: CL final. No question whatsoever in my mind. It was his plan when he came into power, it was the accumulation of all the hard work and beautiful play. It was the gift to cules after 10+ years of waiting. However it wasnt just the CL final itself, it was that we had the second la liga in the bag as well. Winning the CL without the league isnt as important for me. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But to win that CL final and make it a double season was just so incredible. If pep repeats it it will be great but i dont think i will feel the same way as i did in 2006.

worst signing..why has no one said ezquerro? maxi scored against chelsea. What did santi do? Score a goal against racing?

worst memory: 4-1 was pretty rough. there might be worse ones but i dont want to think too hard about it.

I thought he was very decent in his second season. His first season i didnt like him so much when he was played at CB but when he moved to DM and rafa moved to CB i really liked him. Plus he marked kaká out the game against milan in what was arguably one of our most important games in recent history.

maz

I walk the line
3) Pep.. i doubted him so did so many , proved a genius move
I didnt put him in mine because laporta admitted he didnt know pep would be this good. It was a bold move for sure, but i dont think it had the laporta-touch that rijkaard did.

Beast

The Observer
I didnt put him in mine because laporta admitted he didnt know pep would be this good. It was a bold move for sure, but i dont think it had the laporta-touch that rijkaard did.

you know i'm pro - Rosell and i think much of Laporta success due to Ros genius planning in the first year.. however it takes guts to give Pep an very young manager with just couple of month as a youth manager the helm of one of the world biggest club.. needless to mention the timing of the hiring was Laporta lowest point.. of course he looked @ the political side of it ( giving a hero the chance pleased some ) but he could have chosen the easiest selection like Mourinho..etc

I don't credit Laporta a lot for Dinho but he takes full credit for Pep

Home of Barca Fans