Rate our players this season

Since we've won La Liga and are out of every other competition, the season's pretty much over, so I thought I'd make this.
Rate our starting 11 from 0-10, and other players if you want.

Anyways:

Valdes - 6.5
Fairly inconsistent, he's saved our asses a few times even though he's also made mistakes quite a few times, especially in the first half of the season.

Alves - 6.5
Inconsistent. Had some great games (i.e. 1st leg against PSG) and some terrible ones.

Pique - 6.5
Same as Alves.

Puyol - 7.5
Injured for large parts of the season, but generally did a great job for someone his age.

Alba - 8.8
Amazing signing, 13m was an absolute bargain for him. He's been great going forward and ok (great at times, like the Milan game) defensively as well (though using him + Alves definitely caused problems defensively). He's shown to be arguably the best LB in the world. He's also been very consistent, he hasn't had many bad games.

Busquets - 9.2
Very consistent until his recent dip in form (which isn't surprising considering his injury), especially in the first half of the season. He was also pivotal in our best game of the season (the 4-0 against Milan). I'd say that from a defensive standpoint, he's our best player by far. Perhaps our 3rd best player this season.

Xavi - 8.5
Struggled a little with injuries, and was overplayed. He hasn't not been quite as good as he used to be, though he has had amazing games (like the 2nd leg against Milan).

Iniesta - 9.5
Without a doubt our second best player this season, got a shitload of assists. He was also pretty consistent and didn't have that many bad games. Not to mention he's had some absolutely amazing games (the 4-0 against Levante, the 6-1 against Getafe, etc).

Villa - 7.5
Our second best goalscorer and forward this season, not to mention he was vital in the 4-0 against Milan, which was our best game this season. He's had his bad games though.

Pedro - 6.0
He's been meh this season. He had that run of good form in January and scored a vital goal against PSG, but didn't do much besides that.

Messi - 10.0
The GOAT, and easily our best player this season. Some argue he single handedly carried us to a La Liga title and the CL semis. While other players (i.e. Iniesta) played a part, those 2 definitely wouldn't have happened without him. Shut down in a few big games, but that was due to tactics.

Pinto - 7.5
Did a good job in pretty much every game he played. Pretty reliable second choice keeper. Didn't really play enough for me to really judge though.

Montoya - 7.5
Didn't get too much playing time, but he did do an amazing job when Alves was struggling with injuries in the beginning of the season. He did pretty well in the few games he got in the second half of the season, but not well as he did in the first half. Definitely one for the future.

Mascherano - 6.5
Inconsistent, but did a decent job at CB for someone who's not an actual CB. Did great in the Milan game (I keep referring to this, coz it was our best game of the season :lol:), other than that shitty header that led to Niang's chance

Bartra - N/A
Didn't get enough playing time for me to judge. For someone so inexperienced though, he did a decent job whenever he did play. Even in some big games like the 2nd legs against PSG and Bayern.

Adriano - 7.8
Was amazing in the first half of the season, his wondergoals saved our asses on a couple of occasions. He's shown that he's a very useful squad player, since he's so versatile, since he can play both FB positions, use both feet, etc. Played at CB on a few occasions with meh results. Didn't do as well in the second half, but was still a decent backup.

Song - 7.8
A disaster at CB, but proved to be a good, reliable backup for Busquets when he played at CDM.

Thiago - 7.8
A bit inconsistent, he had some great games and some bad ones. He generally did really well whenever he played with Xavi or Iniesta though.

Fabregas - 8.0
Had a great first half of the season, dropped off significantly in the second half, although he had a few great games even then (the 5-0 against Mallorca, for instance).

Sanchez - 6.5
Was shit, missing 83413412341251451 tap ins per game, until February, when he started having good games (Getafe being the first). Since March, he's been pretty good pretty consistently, at least compared to how he did in the first half of the season.

Tello - 7.5
Didn't get a lot of playing time, but impressed almost every time he did. Should have been played more IMO.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans