Darthvader's Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting budget: 25m (since Neymar's already been bought for 25)

Players out: Valdes (12m), Pedro (15m), Villa (12m), Alves (26m), JDS (3.5m), Afellay (10m), Fontas (2.5m), Keirrison (0.75m), Roberto (loan), Rafinha (loan), Muniesa (loan), Cuenca (loan), Bartra (loan) = 81.75m euros
Total transfer budget = 106.75m euros

Players in: Thiago Silva (40m), Suarez (36m), Piszczek (12.5 m) Ter Stegen (10m), Kurt Zouma (6.5m), Deulofeu (promote) = 105m

Explanation:

Silva:
We need a CB, as we all know. So why not get the best? He isn't THAT old, and he fits our needs perfectly. He's fast, he's strong, and he's good in the air, all of which our defense needs. His injuries could be a problem though. I had my doubts about him before, and I'm still not 100% sure, but I think he's our best option.

Suarez:
IMO, we need a striker who can also play out wide, especially if Villa leaves (since we won't have a goal threat besides Messi, and sometimes we need to play a striker in front of Messi, like the Milan game). Enter Suarez. I wouldn't mind Aguero, but Suarez would be better IMO, since he's been arguably the best player in the PL this season (while Aguero has been meh this season) and he's a bit cheaper. Aguero is younger and doesn't have the attitude problems though, so he'd be a good alternative.

Anyways, Suarez is a striker who can play at LW (and I believe RW as well, though I'm not sure), is decent in the air (something we lack), and, like I said, has been arguably the best player in the PL this season. He'd be a great addition to the front line and a perfect replacement for Villa IMO.

Ter Stegen:
Great young keeper with a lot of potential. The best choice out of the keepers we've been linked with (except maybe De Gea, who's unlikely to be sold), IMO.

Kurt Zouma:
I don't know much about him, but he's young and, from what I heard, has a lot of potential. He'd probably be a good buy for depth, and for the future, especially since Silva's injury prone and not the youngest. I'd prefer Marquinhos or Inigo Martinez, but my budget doesn't allow that :lol:

Piszczek:
I decided to sell Alves to raise funds, so I had to get a replacement, either to replace Alves as the starter or to be the backup for Montoya. I don't know much about Piszczek, but he did well against Ronaldo in the semi. It can be pretty much any RB that costs around 8-13 m though. And it doesn't have to be a starter, since Montoya should be good enough for that.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Pinto, Oier
Defenders: Silva, Pique, Puyol, Zouma, Mascherano, Montoya, Piszczek, Alba, Adriano, Abidal
Midfielders: Busquets, Song, Xavi, Thiago, Iniesta, Fabregas
Forwards: Messi, Suarez, Sanchez, Tello, Deulofeu, Neymar

It's our standard 4-3-3, however, it can be turned into the 3-4-3 from the Milan game pretty easily, with Alba pushing up, and Suarez moving into a striker position in front of Messi, like so:

That's why I put Neymar at RW, even though he may not be be as comfortable there as on the left.

Backup XI:

I wouldn't play Sanchez at striker though, just put him there for the sake of having an XI made up entirely of non-starters. If Messi gets injured or we rest him (i.e. in a game against a relegation zone team right before a CL game), I'd use Suarez there with Alexis or Deulofeu at RW.

One more thing I'd like to see next season is better pressing and the return of the 6 second rule. Also, youngsters should get more chances and we need more rotation.

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

that 3 man defense is as impenetrable as the deathstar's exhaust shaft

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at transfer figures, of all published so far, this one looks the most realistic. Well done darthvader!

Being a fan of Suarez I'm liking the trident eventhough Sanchez is there :)

The force is strong with this team.

Although - Three man defence, play we cannot.

It worked in the second leg against Milan (with Alba as one of the CBs). And we won't use it all the time, nor will we ever start with it, it's just what'll happen whenever Alba pushes up and Suarez moves to a striker position (which we could need in big games).

Doobs

The Messiah
I know I just wanted to stick in the Yoda reference :p

It's a good team, but i'm not a Suarez fan so Kun all the way even with the extra dough.

If Alves were to start you could keep Alba back just like the Milan game. Problem solved :)

I know I just wanted to stick in the Yoda reference :p

It's a good team, but i'm not a Suarez fan so Kun all the way even with the extra dough.

If Alves were to start you could keep Alba back just like the Milan game. Problem solved :)

I wanna take advantage of Alba's offensive abilities (he's been better offensively than Alves this season), so yeah. If Alves does start though, it'd probably have to be Alba who stays back. Maybe find a way to make them take turns attacking? I can see something like this working: Alba and Alves take turns attacking and Suarez and Sanchez take turns being the striker depending on which FB is attacking. I think something like that would be ideal, though probably extremely tough to pull off.

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Suarez is too old to begin the training, he should stay away from our order.

Irish_Cules

Darth Vader, how did you manage to get your formation from this11 onto here? I'm having trouble saving mine and copying it.

Also....

Are you concerned about Suarez' antics and if it would damage the club's reputation?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Suarez is a PR nightmare and having him at the club would put us in hella hot water.

Can't see that working on any level.

Darth Vader, how did you manage to get your formation from this11 onto here? I'm having trouble saving mine and copying it.

Also....

Are you concerned about Suarez' antics and if it would damage the club's reputation?

Click draw formation and copy the "link for forums" into your post.

As for Suarez, yes his antics can be a problem. If we get a new coach though (which some have suggested we do), I can see him being more disciplined under the right coach. And the change in environment could help (I can see him being more comfortable in Spain since the media won't be against him like in England, etc, etc). I can see his antics not being as big a problem as they are now, but yes, there's a good chance his antics will be a problem.

I think Aguero's a good alternative (younger and no antics), but Suarez would still be a better option IMO (Suarez is the better player, and he's been MUCH better this season).

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

Click draw formation and copy the "link for forums" into your post.

As for Suarez, yes his antics can be a problem. If we get a new coach though (which some have suggested we do), I can see him being more disciplined under the right coach. And the change in environment could help (I can see him being more comfortable in Spain since the media won't be against him like in England, etc, etc). I can see his antics not being as big a problem as they are now, but yes, there's a good chance his antics will be a problem.

I think Aguero's a good alternative (younger and no antics), but Suarez would still be a better option IMO.

Ah ye I got it now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans